Reset Save?

Hello Everyone, please advise if this has happened to you in this game? I finished Chapter 1, waited until it saved and shut down the game. Then when loaded back up, my save was completely reset. No chapter select & all zero stats. I'm so lucky it was only Chapter 1, but still, I want to restart the game and not have it happen again. Any suggestions are helpful.

I was wondering about this myself though I quit last night while still doing the prologue. Loaded the game noon time and I was back at the start of the game doing the set-up options... also :r1: seems to be not working for my magic... initial impression of the game is horrible-non-intuitive.

So I guess it's very true when they say that this game is a pain to play on solo! Haven't finished chapter 1 yet and I'm already having a migraine! I'd go ape mad if the game resets on me in the later chapters.

---------

Edit: Well this actually happened to me on chapter 1... I quit the game after reaching the magical weapons room/cache and when I loaded the game I lost my game save... I would have to start the prologue again! I have never heard of anyone experiencing this sort of problem before apart from us. This will be a very frustrating journey for the platinum... this sucks big time!

I wonder if this has anything to do with the GameSpy servers... it does say that it's powered by them? Just a hunch... maybe this game was meant to be played coop?

Edited by Naps

There's no way I can LOAD a game save after "closing the game" via :ps: button - the only way I can close the game as far as I know...

If you close the game via :start:> Quit, the game will take you to the menu and you will have the Continue option... However, when you totally leave the game and try to load a game save - you start from the very beginning!... as if loading the game for the first time, and this happens all the time for me.

I tried deleting my game save and the game data (not that there is a patch) and still the same problem. So I don't see the road for the platinum for this game possible for me. Play non-stop and not quit the game perhaps? But at 50-80 hrs, to which for others who play differently may mean even longer - that's leaving your PS3 on for a week or maybe even more. I have no intention of burning my house down you know? Especially for a game I just got on the bargain bin. Not worth it at all.

Just think of all the collectibles and upgrades you have to do all over again? Absolute bonkers!

-----

However, all is not lost for me as I haven't synced up my trophies with the PSN server. So this means I can get rid of the loaded trophies in the console right? I just have to know how to do this process correctly.

It's a shame as I was starting to like this game. Like Mehandle here, I finished Chapter 1 and lost all the progress I did until there. The chapters in this game are not short and they require a lot of effort to get to the next chapter so to gamble in the hope that it will work later on is not a good idea IMO...

-----

People should be warned of this potential corruption of game saves. Perhaps those that have played this game recently can test if they lose game saves post GameSpy closure? I am not sure if there is a link to that but I find it really quite odd that new players like me and Mehandle can be so unlucky.

Some details that may be helpful in comparing notes:

Console model: PS3 Slim 250GB

Game prevoiusly played: Amazing Spiderman

(mentioning this as the game saves in-game photos via game save folder to which I find weird)

Game version: English (INT) (to which I assume means "International") Special Edition

When I bought this game 2 years ago, the DLCs were still available on PSN... but as I checked just a while ago, this game has no DLC listed and it's marked as "disc only" game - so digital content is no longer available.

Edited by Naps

No I haven't but I will give it a try. I did however try to force-close the game via :ps: without having to go to the games menu and that didn't work. I'll give this a go though and see if it works... But I have to admit, I'm more inclined to delete my account on the console and load it up again, just to remove un-synced trophy data. Not sure if that too will work but it would be a life saver for me... thanks for the tip!

Edited by Naps

I have found the solution. You have to play the game without any internet connection. In the XMB menu, go to Network Settings> Internet Connection> Disable.

I have come to chapter 2 and have not presented any problems so far.

Hopefully it will be useful.

Greetings and sorry for any grammatical errors.

Edited by JorgeO

I have found the solution. You have to play the game without any internet connection. In the XMB menu, go to Network Settings> Internet Connection> Disable.

I have come to chapter 2 and have not presented any problems so far.

Hopefully it will be useful.

Greetings and sorry for any grammatical errors.

Gracias JorgeSleep!!!!

I get the same problem, but with this method the problem isn't fixed :(

Edited by Halycarnaso

So seems like a couple of more players have encountered this bug. I have deleted my profile and the good news is the trophies were successfully purged. - bad news is that quite a lot of my digital games had to be re-downloaded again... nonetheless I am pleased that I finally found a way out from this mess...

I suspected earlier that it could be a GameSpy server issue, but I am currently playing Saints Row 2 which is also powered by GameSpy and I had no game save problems with it... maybe the games work differently, who knows for sure.

I'm still going to both try Terminator and JorgeO's suggestion and post whatever the result came out of it...

I just want to add in that disabling the online seems to work for me too. I disabled my internet, then loaded the game. I played using a save I did with the online trophies a couple days before the servers went down, but I didn't start the SP until now. The start of the game imported the gold I earned in the online rooms.

I played until the end of the prologue, then after the save icon disappeared, I quit the game through the start button then on the title screen I XMB quit. I ejected the disk and put it back in. When the game reloaded, I was right where I left off.

I continued playing until the end of Chapter 1, then I exited the game the same way. This time, I ejected the disk and re-enabled the internet. I watched a DVD for a couple hours then shut the whole system down for the evening.

I just turned it back on a couple minutes ago, disabled the internet again, then loaded the game. It went back to where I had left off.

I didn't experiment with shutting down without quitting because I'm not trying to get stuck with a bad save. This works and I'm sticking with it! Thanks to the user who thought of disabling the internet! :cool:

you can do it how u want so as long as u disable internet.it seems to still save when u play with internet. it looks to me when u load game up with internet its not loading the game save. u will see the loading game save icon.for some reason if internet is connected its not loading game save.

• 2 weeks later...