Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts - Trophy Guide & Road Map

technole

5810740414_307a07fe0d_z.jpg 

Thanks to RED_REBEL44 for the guide logo!

If you have found this trophy guide, or any other guides that I maintain useful, and are compelled to join this forum as a result,

feel free to give me a referral upon signing up. Thanks!

(All videos used in this guide were created and recorded by me)

Overview

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10
  • Total Trophy breakdown: 5 (2 (B) / 2 (S) / 1 (G))
    • Offline: 5 (2 (B) / 2 (S) / 1 (G))
    • Online: 0

[*]Approximate time: 2-4 hours

[*]Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (if you utilize your saves correctly, otherwise 2)

[*]Missable trophies: See Roadmap for details

[*]Glitched trophies: None

[*]Cheats disable trophies: No cheats available

[*]Difficulty affects trophies: No difficulty trophies

Introduction

In Honest Hearts you will travel to the Zion National Park in Utah with the Happy Trails Trading Group. Things seem rosy at first on your journey, but unfortunately for your companions, they’re killed within the first few minutes of arriving at Zion. You are eventually left alone in typical Fallout fashion. Only this time, in such a scenic, beautiful landscape full of canyons and rivers. Plus something not so common in the Fallout world: Clean drinkable water everywhere! So leave the Rad-X at home and take the Journey into Zion for an engaging story, and to see something new the Fallout world has not seen before.

Roadmap

STEP 1: Playthrough the story and make an extra manual save before making a decision on the Sorrows with Daniel

Honest Hearts is mostly linear in nature. Once this DLC pack is installed and you load your New Vegas save game, a pop-up will appear letting know of a new signal that is available. First, it is highly advised before you visit that signal that if you have over 100 slots utilized in your inventory that you find a location to store your items to get yourself down to utilizing only 100 slots. Otherwise after a speech check, you will be forced to cut down your inventory slots to 100. You will be able to store them in the provided location before you are able to take off into the journey to Zion. It would be recommended to take the minimal supplies as if you are journeying alone in the wasteland. Several guns, stimpacks, and plenty of ammo. Once you are able to take off, you will reach Zion and the story will begin and you will unlock Story of Zion. You will be presented with several quests in your journey that are natural-progression during your travel in Zion.

Without spoiling the story, you ultimately will end up finding out more about what is going on with the situation in Zion when you meet Daniel and subsequently unlock In a Foreign Land. This will lead you to a series of more quests, once completing those you will unlock Restore our Fortunes. You will end up returning to Daniel one last time, before you complete the Gathering Storms make one extra save game before talking to Daniel again. This will allow you to branch your ending path without having to play-through the entire story again. You can make any decision at this point whether its the path to Evacuated Zion or O Daughter of Babylon. See the trophy guide for more details on these ending quests and how to resolve them to unlock those respective trophies.

STEP 2: Clean-up by restoring your extra save, and taking the opposite ending path

Now that you have completed Honest Hearts with one of the endings. You will need to load that extra save game and take the opposite path that Daniel presents. See the trophy guide on Evacuated Zion or O Daughter of Babylon for second ending path quest details that you need to conclude your journey towards the 100% in Honest Hearts.

Trophy Guide:

57.jpg  May my Hand Forget its Skill (G)

Evacuated Zion

WARNING: If Daniel dies at any point, you won't be able to get this trophy so save often. Credit to DarkByke for this info.

This is one of two possible ending trophies, as you will have to side with the Sorrows and choose to evacuate Zion to progress to this ending path. Before the final quest, make a manual save before you talk to Daniel for the final time before completing the Gathering Storms quest. If you forget to make a save and talk to Daniel anyway, the game will pop-up a warning letting you know once you make a decision, you will not be able to complete any previous quests. You will have one more chance to back out and make a save to prevent a second playthrough.

Once you take this path, your final destination will be the tunnel leaving Zion. The journey to get there is rather short as you can't fast travel to the location even if you already visited it. You'll meet some resistance on the way but nothing that had not seen already. Once at the tunnel, you will have options to consider to handle the nemesis leader, whether its an outright fight or if you have at-least 75 speech skill points, you can leave Zion with no resistance. In my video of the ending sequence, I used the speech perk to unlock this trophy:

WARNING: Video contains possible spoiler content. You have been warned!

58.jpg  In a Foreign Land (B)

Scouted the Zion Valley for signs of the White Legs

Story-related, cannot be missed. In your conversation with Joshua Graham before you leave for the Sorrows Camp, you will be assigned several quests that you will need to complete to advance the campaign, and once completed you will get this trophy:

• The Grand Staircase
  • The Advance Scouts
  • The Treacherous Road
  • River Monsters

59.jpg  O Daughter of Babylon (S)

Crushed the White Legs

This is one of two possible ending trophies, as you will have to make the proposition to destroy the White Legs to progress to this ending path. Before the final quest, make a manual save before you talk to Daniel for the final time before completing the Gathering Storms quest. If you forget to make a save and talk to Daniel anyway, the game will pop-up a warning letting you know once you make a decision, you will not be able to complete any previous quests. So you will have one more chance to back out and make a save to prevent a second playthrough.

After you make the decision, you will need to complete the corresponding final quest. Once your begin, you’ll need to make your way through the White Legs camps and kill all attacking enemies on your path. Fast-travel is not available in this quest. At the end, the game will go into a scripted scene where the leader will be tied up by Graham. At this point a conversation will convene and you will be given two options to resolve the situation. You will have the option to have a fair battle or you can execute him on the spot.

There is also a third option if you have a 90 speech score, you can pass through two speech checks (60 and 90 respectively). This will convince Graham to ultimately free the leader for him to escape. In my video to show how I unlocked the trophy, I chose the fair battle option:

WARNING: Video contains possible spoiler content. You have been warned!

60.jpg  When We Remembered Zion (B)

Arrived at Zion

Story-related, cannot be missed. This will be your very first Honest Hearts trophy that you will unlock through natural progression after you agree to cut-down your inventory to make the journey on the Happy Trails Expedition. Once you accept, you will witness a cut-scene introducing the story behind Honest Hearts. Once the cut-scene ends, you will have completed the Happy Trails Expedition quest, and the trophy will unlock during the loading screen before you regain control of your character.

61.jpg  Restore Our Fortunes (S)

Resupplied Daniel and the Sorrows

Story-related, cannot be missed. This trophy will unlock upon completing the Deliverer of Sorrows quest by talking to Daniel for the first-time. See my video for more details:

Restore Our Fortunes Trophy

Edited by Viper
Updated the May my Hand Forget its Skill trophy.

Great guide, thanks for posting. I played the expansion tonight. It was fun but it seemed like Dead Money was a LOT longer than this one.

Thanks :) Yeah, this one is quite short. But for what we got out of it, I'm happy to say the least.

BTW, you have a awesome user name. I miss Mark in #6.

Great guide, I was in the process of making one myself, but it is obviously no longer needed. This is one of the things I love about Fallout when it comes to trophies...no need for multiple playthroughs, just multiple saves.

Great guide, I was in the process of making one myself, but it is obviously no longer needed. This is one of the things I love about Fallout when it comes to trophies...no need for multiple playthroughs, just multiple saves.

This guide'll come in handy as I didn't know about the alternate ending.

Thanks for the feedback, that is what I'm here for! :)

This guide looks very good, but I don't think that the difficulty is as much as a 3. It should be probably 1-2 because the quests are easy and fast and you just have to remember to make that important save before the last quest. I did this personally in about 2 hours and had no troubles...

As DLC does not have a difficulty thread in-which I'm forced to to use that rating, I don't oppose 2/10 either. I debated this one a bit because you do have to face some resistance, complete quests, and branch the endings. A little work to do, but nothing out of the ordinary if you follow a guide and make that all-important save.

Great guide... Thanks for the tips.

One question to anyone who remembers...

I just completed "The Grand Staircase" and then immediately got the "Gathering Storm" quest. The trophy for "In a foreign land" didn't pop though even though all other quests are done. Should I be worried or does that trophy pop a little later?

Thanks again

UPDATE:

Wow... that was really weird. The trophy never popped and I double checked to make sure. The game froze up on me (as usual) and when I restart the game I later checked my trophies and it was there. I wondering if it had something to do with when you load up the game... The first screen is the "configuring trophy data" part. Maybe that did it for me??? Either way I don't really care cause I'm back to 100% and I don't have to replay anything.

Edited by Steve_LWL

Finished my playthrough (with the first of the two endings) today. It surprised me how easy this DLC was. And how short, compared to Dead Money. But all in all, Honest Hearts was way, way better than Dead Money. I loved the atmosphere, the location, the characters, the central conflict... all much more interesting than the dead and sterile environments from the last DLC pack. Looking forward to getting the second ending tomorrow... with a nod to the guide, of course, because I did check it for pointers about where to save. ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Viper changed the title to Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts - Trophy Guide & Road Map