Over The Hill Workaround *Rank Resetting*

SirkSirk

As some of you may have experienced, you may have reached level 75 from an in game glitch. This prevents you from *reaching level 50*, thus getting the trophy. But finally, there is a trick. After almost a year of me giving up on this game and looking online I figured it out using multiple threads and this strategy worked the best.

Workaround

Step 0 - First off, finish your single player trophies if you haven't yet. It's not worth starting that over because it will be gone after this.

Step 1 - Delete everything. Game Data/Save Data. This will remove the patch, the installation and your online challenges, but not your level.

Step 2 - Boot up the game and when it prompts you to update, hit :circle:, this will cancel the update and lead into the installation. After the installation is done, try to go online just for the hell of it and notice it does not let you, so reboot the game(after installation) and download the patch.

Step 3 - Here comes your dreams or despair, log online, but do not join a match. If your level says 1, well good job move to step 4. If not, just try rebooting the game a couple times. You should also notice it asks you to redeem an online pass. The online pass was stored in the game data, you will eventually have to download this again(see step 4). Quit to XMB and load it back up. If after several attempts it does not reset your rank, repeat steps 1-3. As irritating as it may be that it is not resetting your rank, it eventually will. It worked for me and it only worked after installing the patch after game installation. Don't give up hope, this game is a great FPS online, don't give it up over this trophy like I did.

Step 4 - Now that you are level 1, play a game or two, level up at least once. Then quit to XMB. To be on the safe side, save your saved data on a usb drive. If you somehow level back to 75 and can't get it back to your original level, try overwriting it with the data on your usb.

After playing a match and quitting the game, download your online pass so you can level past 5. Also try to avoid joining other players until you reach level 50. For some reason that is one of the major causes of the glitch.

IMPORTANT

If your rank jumps to 75, DO NOT JOIN A GAME. Immediately quit out to XMB and reload. It should be fixed first try. If not, keep trying, and if you've been trying for awhile, give it a rest and try again in a couple hours. If your rank jumps to anything between 50-74 keep in mind it is still possible to get the trophy. The trophy is activated if you are level 49 or higher and a receive a rank up. You cannot receive a rank up at level 75 so do not join a game if it resets you to that level!

And for those of you that are getting the opposite(unexpected reset rank to 1), do the same thing, if it doesn't work after a couple tries, copy the saved data from your usb drive to your ps3 and start it up. This should fix the issue, if not keep trying. Don't give up!

Here is a video, the steps are slightly different. But it may be faster to do this.

Edited by SirkSirk

What I posted in the other thread:

I can confirm what BlazianAzian says. I deleted the game and my save files, redownloaded the game and copied my online stats back from my usb drive. It took several times of quitting and restarting the game before I got my old level back instead of level 75.

To be honest, I think it's a lot less complicated than that. I don't think it's necessary to delete and reinstall the game and delete and copy back your save file.

The most important thing:

Rank up normally from level 1 or from the level you were at when the glitch happened. When you are level 75, quit the game and start up the game again. If you are level 75 again, quit the game again. Keep quitting and starting up the game, until the online stats show your actual rank. Then just play as long as you want. The next time you play, chances are high that you are level 75 again. Again, just keep quitting until you get your actual rank back. You will need to quit and start up the game several times before it works, but eventually you will reach level 50.

In short, every time the glitch happens, just keep quitting and starting up the game till you get your rank back. It may take many attempts, but it'll work.

What I posted in the other thread:

Well I'm sorry. People were having trouble making it happen so I made a detailed guide on how to do it and why it works and what to expect. Some people were having trouble making it happen so they were assuming they were "doing it wrong". On my way back up to 50 I had my rank shot to 75 at least 8 times from hosts closing their games and other issues and my rank reset to 1. So I put every possible scenario I could in the guide. Bash on it if you want, I'm only trying to help and give my input as I couldn't find a specific thread for this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...