Dlc

beachguy26

is anyone else not being able to find the DLC maps when you search for a match? This game has way too many glitches. Anyone got an answer?

No.

I already said this in the boosting thread, but it's good that you created a new thread to talk about this.

3 Weeks ago I took a break from Homefront and started playing other games.

After 2 weeks or so I went to boost with mad (a boosting friend) and he told me that it was happening for 2 weeks.

We tried a day after and it didn't work either.

I don't know why this happens but mad said that you can get a lobby every once in a while or something like that.

Haven't tried again tough.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Probably because the online (dlc maps) is dead?

Hi guys -- any confirmation of this? Is the DLC problem temporary or long term?

EDIT: I filed a support request with THQ -- Submit one of your own too and reference Ticket #2930 -- the more we submit, the more likely we are to get some damn support.

Ticket #2930: Can't connect to DLC

Your request (#2930) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff.

br8ssmunky, Aug 06 02:23 (PDT):

For several days now I've not been able to connect to any DLC matches. After selecting "find match --> Downloadable Content" I just get the dialogue "searching" over and over with no result.

Several other players on my friends list have noted the same issue.

Is DLC no longer being supported? Is a fix planned? Please advise as I just bought the DLC a week ago and would very much like to get some value from my purchase. If this outage was planned, I would have appreciated a heads up before buying the DLC...

Edited by br8ssmunky
added THQ support link

Hi guys -- any confirmation of this? Is the DLC problem temporary or long term?

EDIT: I filed a support request with THQ -- Submit one of your own too and reference Ticket #2930 -- the more we submit, the more likely we are to get some damn support.

Ticket #2930: Can't connect to DLC

Your request (#2930) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff.

br8ssmunky, Aug 06 02:23 (PDT):

For several days now I've not been able to connect to any DLC matches. After selecting "find match --> Downloadable Content" I just get the dialogue "searching" over and over with no result.

Is DLC no longer being supported? Is a fix planned? Please advise as I just bought the DLC a week ago and would very much like to get some value from my purchase. If this outage was planned, I would have appreciated a heads up before buying the DLC...

This is in reference to Ticket #2930.

A friend of mine has already contacted you about this problem; I have also run into this same problem many times. I was told by him that he has already contacted you, and that I should reference his ticket number (see above).

I, too, have had many problems with your DLC not working. It happens a lot with Homefront, in case you are not aware of this. Many of my friends, as well as myself, are very upset about this fact. We would like to know if THQ is working on a fix or not. It's sad that we spent good money on the game, the dlc, and, in some cases, have even spent money for the online pass that you added to your game. We just want to get our money's worth out of what we bought.

It seems that whenever the DLC maps decide to work, they only work for a couple of days and then they're back off again.

I have to say that overall, with all of the problems that THQ has had (and has not fixed) with Homefront, your company is turning people off from ever buying anything else made by you guys. I have contacted your company once before, and got the typical generic "Oh, we are sorry for your problem; contact our support staff" response. Well, here I am with the exact same problem as before. Are you going to do anything about it?

Thank you for your time and response,

I just sent this to THQ. I hope this helps the cause. Last time I emailed them it didnt really work out for me lol. This is the 2nd version I had to edit the hell out of it and cool off after writing the first one because there was a lot of rude statements in there about how how they are running the company in to the ground, and what can we hope from a company that cant get their shit together.

I sent an email to sony asking if there was a way for them to help out. They said no. But gave me info on how to contact THQ. Which I have already done. If anyone else would like the info here it is....

Phone number: 1-818-880-0456

Still waiting for THQ to get back to me.

Edited by Army_of_Ender

Well said, Ender. Let's hope they reply.

Here's the link for anyone else to submit a complaint: THQ : Submit a request for assistance

EDIT: they're replied, but with a bullsh1t answer. Below is the whole chain so far:

Request #2930

Can't connect to DLC

Aug 06 02:23

Comments

Dear THQ... this problem persists and I note with great disappointment that request has not yet been assigned to a desk operator.

Three days and still no one acting on this issue that is affecting hundreds of users. This is unacceptable -- I enjoy your games, but will not remain a THQ client if this lack of support continues.

August 09, 2012 03:25

Chris

THQ

My apologies for the delays. We are looking into this issue. Have you noticed any DLC maps in the rotation for the regular servers?

August 09, 2012 17:55

Hi Chris. I checked 2 hours ago and to answer your question, no, I have not come across any DLC maps when searching for normal game modes (GC, TDM, etc).

Plus when searching for a game on DLC maps the "searching . . . " dialogue behaves the same as always -- just keeps searching and never finds a match / lobby.

August 10, 2012 00:40

Chris

THQ

I have contacted the team who deals with the servers for HomeFront. The servers are up and running and they do not know what the immediate cause would be for this. They are looking into it currently and hope to find a solution. Your issue is considered solved.

August 10, 2012 09:27

Dear Chris,

I appreciate you forwarding the issue to the relevant party, but I do not feel this constitues the issue being "solved". Far from it... communication among the different components of your company and/or service providers should be standard in your business, not a solution.

My problem is not solved. I cannot use the DLC content I purchased, and every PS3 player I know has been affected. Please keep this issue open until we can access our DLC, which we paid for and are now not able to use.

Edited by br8ssmunky

Br8ss, at lest they have talked to you dude. I have gone to the THQ home forums to raise hell, just now started to get the ball rolling on this maybe.... I also chewed out Sony. Sony says that if you are having this problem that they need to be told.

But for anyone else out there having this problem keep the emails going to them, blow up the forums, keep the support going here so this shit gets sorted out. I dont know about you guys, but I am getting closer to boycotting these guys, esp the way br8ss and I have been treated.

Here is a copy of the email from Sony:

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your response! I really appreciate you providing the information regarding the issues you are experiencing. I completely understand how frustrating that is for you to encounter. I will definitely be forwarding this to our upper management for further investigation.

I do want to let you know, that we have not received any information from any other consumers, or from THQ that confirms that this is a common issue. I would recommend having the friends that have experienced these same issues with you, try contacting THQ, as well as our department, whether by email as well or by phone. This way our investigation team will have multiple consumer descriptions of this issue and be able to see how many people it is affecting.

Please understand, that while I will forward this to the correct department, they will unfortunately not be able to contact you with the results of the investigation, or with information about whether the content is removed or not. Again, I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I do want to thank you as well for your time, it was a pleasure to assist you today.

Sincerely,

........................................................................................................................................

So as you can see we need people complaining about this to get it fixed.

Edited by Army_of_Ender

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all,

I got done with Homefront this morning. Seeing as how I am done and more then likely wont come back to the game, and or this part of the forum I thought about what if the dlc goes down again. A couple members and I reached out to THQ to get it fixed last time. The best luck we had from hearing from THQ to get it fixed was here: Homefront | Need Support Help

If you have a problem with the game and or dlc and etc post here they may get around to fixing it.

• 5 months later...