How to solve "Over the Hill" Glitch

MyLastFirstborn

Looking foward for a solution for this.

I was level 39 and the game jumped me to 75.

How am I supposed to unlock Over the Hill trophy now?

I had a backup of my saves, already tried to replace them, didn't work.

Now I'm deleting my saves and game data and installing them again, to see if this works.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

i was told by thq to crash the game server or get disconnected while playing online may reset my rank. I have no clue how to bring this about yet but at this point i'm willing to try anything.

Anything worth a shot...I gues the best way to do this is disconnect the wifi or lan connection while playing.

I guess Ill try that a few times...and post my results...

otherwise Im either gonna say screw homefront or just do a new psn name and start over...since im relatively new to the ps3 (migrated from xbox360)

really? cause what he said worked for me and i didnt have an older save before the glitch happened. Heres what I did:

1. Delete game data and save game data

2. Install game. Go online ( dont put in online battle code yet)

3. You should be level 1 like i was at this point. Close game, go save the game file.

4. Go back online in game and put in online battlecode. At this point it'll bering you back to rank 75

5. Close game and go overwrite the save file with the rank 1 save file

6. Go back online and you should be now rank 1 again. Doing this you will lose all your challenges as you'd be back at level 1

I'm not sure if what I did will work for everyone but that's what I did and it reset me from rank 75 to rank 1. I even played a few matches to see if it would stick and ranked up to level 3 playing random matches. Try this out

Then why it worked for me?

Is it because I'm a magician?

I'm already level 50 and I can confirm that "Over The Hill" trophy poped.

Ok...its very weird but it eventually worked for me...as im writing this I am a lvl 1. I played a match and Im now a level 2.

I did the same steps then found myself (still a lvl75) and 0 challenges.

So I tried this...

I deleted both the progress data and profile data from my main profile (User1). Then saved them to another profile (User2) on the PS3 (just for safe keeping).

Got on homefront with a 3rd profile (User3)...this is where you download the new game data online. Go all the way to the title screen. Click online but dont go to Find A Match.

Quit game and log out from that profile.

Go back to main profile and start up...

you should be at level 1

This is how i got mines to work.

Played a match...quit game...logged back in and still lvl2.

Im gonna give it a few hours come back again and see what happens...then...try and level up to 50 to get the trophy...then replace the save file from (user2) so Ill have my challenges back.

Ummm....bad news...Im back to 75.

So just yesterday I saw my rank at lvl1 and today I turn on and Im at lvl75.

Anyone, have an estimate of how long it takes to get from lvl1 to lvl50?

I think Ill have to try the above steps again and try and lvl up in one sitting.

And...just now I cant seem to reset my rank.

smh...looks like Homefront is going in the case and cabinet now...

Edited by BlazianAzian82
More Bad News

• 1 month later...

I have looked around a couple time to make sure that im doing this all right but right now i am a little scared that ill end up getting screwed here.

1st off you save the data needed by going to "Saved Data Utility" (PS3) right?

2nd go to Homefront "Profile Data" hit triangle

3rd go to copy then copy to your usb deal to save.

I ask because I want to make sure I am saving the right thing or not. I got kicked up about five ranks out of no where but have been copying my stuff this way. I do not want to end up getting stuck, when i thought i was safe. Is it suppose to be the profile data or the progress data? I choose everytime to overwrite the last save too. Please if i am doing this right or wrong will someone please get back to me?

I have looked around a couple time to make sure that im doing this all right but right now i am a little scared that ill end up getting screwed here.

1st off you save the data needed by going to "Saved Data Utility" (PS3) right?

2nd go to Homefront "Profile Data" hit triangle

3rd go to copy then copy to your usb deal to save.

I ask because I want to make sure I am saving the right thing or not. I got kicked up about five ranks out of no where but have been copying my stuff this way. I do not want to end up getting stuck, when i thought i was safe. Is it suppose to be the profile data or the progress data? I choose everytime to overwrite the last save too. Please if i am doing this right or wrong will someone please get back to me?

Yes but I think you'll lose all your Single Player progress, so if I were you I'd get all offline trophies first before doing this.

I really dont care too much about the sp part I can always go back and get them I dont mind. So I was saving the right thing after all right? Thank you.

Yes.

Most of the times I usually prefer to do the Multiplayer trophies first, but in this case I recommend you doing the SP first.

Expert of War is very time consuming so it should be your last trophy, so it'll be the only thing you'll have to focus on.

Well looks like I did everything right. I got on to play last night thinking my rank lvl would of been where I left it at 16, but I showed I was at 46. So I said f it im going to play til I hit lvl 50. I got all the way up to 48 almost 49 without saving my data. In the middle of the.match my ps locked up. After restarting and trying to get back in I found that I was taken all the way to lvl 75. So I used my save like you said, im back to where I was before this all happened.

Kinda wish I would of saved while my rank was almost there, but im happy to say atlest im not maxed out and I can still get the trophy. I got real worried, and throw a fit when I saw I was at 75, but I said I need to see if this works. Thanks for all the help.

Well looks like I did everything right. I got on to play last night thinking my rank lvl would of been where I left it at 16, but I showed I was at 46. So I said f it im going to play til I hit lvl 50. I got all the way up to 48 almost 49 without saving my data. In the middle of the.match my ps locked up. After restarting and trying to get back in I found that I was taken all the way to lvl 75. So I used my save like you said, im back to where I was before this all happened.

Kinda wish I would of saved while my rank was almost there, but im happy to say atlest im not maxed out and I can still get the trophy. I got real worried, and throw a fit when I saw I was at 75, but I said I need to see if this works. Thanks for all the help.

Aren't I a good samaritan?

MyLastFirstborn

Hey man logged on today again, looks like something happened between this morning and tonight that i can not reverse. I logged in to find that i was maxed back out, I tried the trick again about six times in a row and didnt help. I guess i got screwed? Anything else you can think of doing? I know i didnt save my data as a lvl 75 lastnight, I didnt play one game as a lvl 75 either.

Nevermind, i figured it out. After a long day at work i found that i did something wrong, but everything is how it should be. But does anyone know how to look up the battle code number once you bought it off the psn, id hate to find out that i have to buy a new one just to get this damn trophy.

Edited by Army_of_Ender

MyLastFirstborn

Hey man logged on today again, looks like something happened between this morning and tonight that i can not reverse. I logged in to find that i was maxed back out, I tried the trick again about six times in a row and didnt help. I guess i got screwed? Anything else you can think of doing? I know i didnt save my data as a lvl 75 lastnight, I didnt play one game as a lvl 75 either.

In that case try to leave the game (Quit to XMB), and simply start the game again.

That worked for me many times.

You gotta be patient.

There were some times too that I started freaking out that the reversing process wasn't working.

Keep trying, try 10 times if you have too.

Try that method that I just told you.

See if it works.

Post here your results.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey sorry it took so long to get back to you. I got upset one night at this whole trophy deal. I said f it ill come back to it. I took a couple days off and spent pretty much the whole time playing online to grind this out. I got the trophy just now, thanks to your advice.

Thank you so much, great find.

Edited by Army_of_Ender

Hey Guys...

Heres what I did...and it is working...I have been reset more like 10 times to 75 but regained my growing rank...I am not lvl 40 and I started a week or so ago...if u look at my previous post...I was lvl 10.

1) Delete the save data file

2) Delete the save game data

3) Redownload the save game file (automatic)

4) Start a new game...stats will be 0

4a) if you are still lvl75...Exit the homefront game and come back.

5) if still lvl 75 repeat steps 1-4

NOW...once you get to lvl1...play a few games to lvl up a few.

Then EXIT and copy the save data file over to a usb or online storage.

GO back to the game and keep playing.

Keep a regularly updated save data file with your stats...whenever you are done playing

NOW...if you EVER get lvld up to 75....

(this worked for me)

I was lvl 13...one night and then the next morning lvl 75

1) Exit the Homefront game and come back.

2) Repeat until it works.

3) If after several attempts...give up for a few hours and try again.

I am well into week two...and I was lvl 75 a while back.

Im trying to get the over the hill trophy.

While playing it keeps saying (as I lvl up) that I am a 2md Lt...and even on the XP result screen Im always between 21 and 22

But when I go to the amory it shows my true ranks.

IMO...as long as you have a save data file with the lowest rankings...and you keep exiting and coming back it should work out

Exit the Homefront game

I can confirm what BlazianAzian says. I deleted the game and my save files, redownloaded the game and copied my online stats back from my usb drive. It took several times of quitting and restarting the game before I got my old level back instead of level 75.

To be honest, I think it's a lot less complicated than that. I don't think it's necessary to delete and reinstall the game and delete and copy back your save file.

The most important thing:

Rank up normally from level 1 or from the level you were at when the glitch happened. When you are level 75, quit the game and start up the game again. If you are level 75 again, quit the game again. Keep quitting and starting up the game, until the online stats show your actual rank. Then just play as long as you want. The next time you play, chances are high that you are level 75 again. Again, just keep quitting until you get your actual rank back. You will need to quit and start up the game several times before it works, but eventually you will reach level 50.

In short, every time the glitch happens, just keep quitting and starting up the game till you get your rank back. It may take many attempts, but it'll work.

Edited by TheDearGunther