-All trophies can be earned offline or online

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 30+ hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Does difficulty affect trophies? No

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? N/A

Introduction

Dragons. Treasure. Princesses. That's the name of the game. When you're playing this game, you'll notice it's not a story based game. But the object is simple: collect lots of gold.

Since there is no story, there is really no wrong way to approach this game. You can start with any mode: Hoard, Treasure, Princess or Co-Op. There are these game modes and several maps in each mode to earn badges on and level up your Hoard. However, the following Road Map is how I recommend you approach the game.

Road Map

1. Read the "How To Play"

This will help you significantly understand how to play the game and how the elements of the game work. This is your first step toward greatness.

2. Play Tutorial Maps

This will help you get a feel for the game. You can see the things you read about in the "How To Play" and get a good feel for how the game works. One of the designers of Hoard had some tips for getting good scores in levels. You can read that in the Special Notes section (found here).

3. Master Treasure and Princess Maps

There are several maps for each mode, some having more dragons than the other. You can play these maps with a friend or with someone in the boosting thread or you can play against the computer. You will earn a majority of the badges by just playing these maps since a good amount of the badges are of the "destroy an amount of objects/enemies" type.

5. Hoard Mode

There are four Hoard maps. You have to stay alive as long as you can while collecting as much gold as you can. These levels can get very hectic and can be extremely difficult if you haven't practiced the game a lot.

6. Multiplayer

The co-op mode has some pretty difficult badges. So I would save these for last after you've mastered the game so you and your partner(s) can work together the best.

Edited by Slamma
editorial sweep

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPECIAL NOTES

Here are some tips from one of the designers of Hoard from the Hoard Forums:

1) Score multiplier is absolutely critical for Gold medal play. You lose your multiplier if you "die", if a thief FINISHES stealing from your hoard, and if an opponent dragon Hoard Thiefs you. On certain maps, (e.g. "To the Point"), you really can't afford to lose your multiplier at all and still get a top score. So practice watching for thieves, and always return home to heal if you are severely wounded, even if this means leaving some treasure in the field. And put a few points into Armor to give yourself more hit points!! Even good players accidentally run into a knight or a volley of arrows or a wizard tower blast, from time to time.

2) Each map has its own quirks. Some really reward concentrating on wagons, some on princess, some on wizard towers (e.g. "The Gauntlet"), and some a mix.

3) As the post above said, upgrading CARRY not only increases how much gold you can haul around, but also how fast you drop it off. This can be key for some maps.

So, the key to getting the Gold medal on Treasure and Co-Op levels is to keep your multiplier up. You will lose your multiplier if your health bar is depleted, a thief steals 500 gold, or dragon steals from you. So always pay attention to your Hoard and be wary of knights, wizard towers and archers (and other dragons!)

In Princess Rush, you need to allow the castles to build so you can get Princesses to come out in their carriages. Building up your Fire and Speed can be greatly helpful to help you dodge and defeat the pesky knights that will come after you once you pick up a Princess.

HOARD mode can take some time to adjust to. You don't have an actual Hoard to collect money at. It is basically a survival match: stay alive as long as you can. Collecting gold only adds time to your final time at the end. It can take some practice to get used to each map. I found that it was extremely helpful if I kept myself in one corner of the map.

Allowing the mills to deliver to the towns will get the towns growing faster. When they are larger, they will start sending carts with larger amounts of money. In the towns, there are 3 different types of side buildings, there's a the normal building which does nothing important, a Tavern which generates more Thieves, and a Market, which will increase the gold value in wagons leaving the town.

Castles generate knights and Princesses. There is a progression in the castles. It will be a weak looking tower at first, deploying knights and 1000 Gold value Princesses. The next progression will generate knights more quickly and have 2000 Gold value Princesses. The last progression will generate two knights at a time instead of one, and will generate 3000 Gold value Princesses. When you destroy a carriage, the knights will come rushing to the Princess. If you don't pick her up, a knight will take her back to the castle and turn into a "Hero" knight, which is faster and more powerful. When you do pick up the Princess, the knights will follow you wherever you go, and will pursue her back to your Hoard until she is ransomed. If a knight makes it to your Hoard before she is ransomed, they will pick her up and head to a castle.

Wizard towers are usually created later in levels. At first, they shoot balls of energy at you at a slow pace, but if you don't have your defense up, or aren't aware enough to dodge them, they will deplete your heath bar and you will lose your multiplier. After some time, the towers will progress to a stronger and faster attack mode. In the first, weaker tier of the tower, destroying it will yield a 3000 Gold value gem. You will drop all the gold you are carrying to carry the gem. Carrying a gem slows you down greatly, but it is worth the price. The second, stronger tier of the tower yields 5000 gold value gems. If you have your 3x multiplier going, scoring a gem can be extremely helpful!

Lastly, there are normally PowerUps placed around the map. Using them can be extremely helpful. The two upwards pointing arrows will temporarily bring your speed to the maximum. The flame will raise your fire power to the maximum. The fireball will allow you to shoot fireballs, which are powerful and go a long distance and finally, the gem looking one allows you to steal from an enemy Hoard.

Good luck, Dragons! And happy hunting!

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

03.jpg Youngling (B)

Achieve Hoard Rank 2

See Legendary Wyrm.

04.jpg Basic Dragon (B)

Achieve Hoard Rank 5

See Legendary Wyrm.

05.jpg Advanced Dragon (B)

Achieve Hoard Rank 7

See Legendary Wyrm.

06.jpg Veteran Dragon (B)

Achieve Hoard Rank 9

See Legendary Wyrm.

07.jpg Wyrm (B)

Achieve Hoard Rank 11

See Legendary Wyrm.

08.jpg Great Wyrm (B)

Achieve Hoard Rank 13

See Legendary Wyrm.

09.jpg Eager Hoarder (B) :tagcoop: :tagmulti:

Earn 25% of Badges

See Mythical Hoarder.

10.jpg Hoarder (B) :tagcoop: :tagmulti:

Earn 50% of Badges

See Mythical Hoarder.

11.jpg Tireless Hoarder (B) :tagcoop: :tagmulti:

Earn 75% of Badges

See Mythical Hoarder.

01.jpg Legendary Wyrm (G)

Achieve Hoard Rank 15

Your dragon must be leveled up to Rank 15 to get this trophy. Complete levels and earn badges to level up. Look under Badges in the Rewards menu to see each badge. Here you can also find your current rank and how many more points you need until you level up. Each badge is worth about 100 points, and you get 50 or 100 points for each medal you earn on a level. When you play a level and earn enough points for the medal, you will get the points. You get 100 points for the first time you get enough points for the medal. You will also get each level of the badge. For example, if you get enough points for the Gold, you will get the points for the Bronze and Silver as well. You will also get 50 points if you play a level you already have the medal for and get enough points for the Bronze.

Points needed for each rank

Youngling Rank 2: 500*

Basic Dragon Rank 5: 3,250*

Advanced Dragon Rank 7: 9,500*

Veteran Dragon Rank 9: 12,500*

Wyrm Rank 11: 19,750*

Great Wyrm Rank 13: 27,500

Legendary Wyrm Rank 15: 37,500

* - Not exactly sure about these points. I started to keep track long after starting the game.

02.jpg Mythical Hoarder (G) :tagcoop: :tagmulti:

Earn 90% of Hoard Badges

You must earn 90% of the badges for this trophy. The badges can be found in the Rewards menu. Most of these badges will come from just playing the game. However, some require help, multiplayer badges in particular. Use the boosting thread (here) to team up with someone! A list of every badge is included in the trophy guide and can be found here.

Edited by Slamma
adding trophy tags

UNITS & BUILDINGS

• Heavy Breather - Burn a Princess
  • Conversationalist I - Ransom 10 princesses
  • Conversationalist II - Ransom 100 princesses
  • Conversationalist III - Ransom 250 princesses
  • Money in the Bank - Ransom your first princess
  • Knight Slayer I - Defeat 25 knights
  • Knight Slayer II - Defeat 250 knights
  • Knight Slayer III - Defeat 750 knights
  • Sheriff I - Defeat 25 thieves
  • Sheriff II - Defeat 250 thieves
  • Sheriff III - Defeat 750 thieves
  • Red Handed - Destroy your first thief
  • Flaming Arrow I - Defeat 25 archers
  • Flaming Arrow II - Defeat 250 archers
  • Flaming Arrow III - Defeat 750 archers
  • Bigger They Are I - Defeat 10 giants
  • Bigger They Are II - Defeat 25 giants
  • Bigger They Are III - Defeat 2 giants in the same game
  • Toe to Toe - Defeat your first giant
  • Clubber - Get smashed by a giant
  • Grist Grinder I - Destroy 25 farmer carts
  • Grist Grinder II - Destroy 250 farmer carts
  • Grist Grinder III - Destroy 1000 farmer carts
  • Barrels of Fun I - Destroy 25 wagons
  • Barrels of Fun II - Destroy 250 wagons
  • Barrels of Fun III - Destroy 1000 wagons
  • Popcorn I - Destroy 50 crops
  • Popcorn II - Destroy 250 crops
  • Popcorn III - Destroy 1000 crops
  • Burnt Bread I - Destroy 5 mills
  • Burnt Bread II - Destroy 25 mills
  • Burnt Bread III - Destroy 100 mills
  • Civil Unrest I - Destroy 5 town centers
  • Civil Unrest II - Destroy 25 town centers
  • Civil Unrest III - Destroy 100 town centers
  • Prohibition I - Destroy 5 taverns
  • Prohibition II - Destroy 25 taverns
  • Prohibition III - Destroy 100 taverns
  • Brick by Brick I - Destroy 5 castles
  • Brick by Brick II - Destroy 25 castles
  • Brick by Brick III - Destroy 100 castles
  • Overthrow - Destroy your first castle
  • Love the Shinies I - Collect 5 wizard gems
  • Love the Shinies II - Collect 25 wizard gems
  • Love the Shinies II - Collect 100 wizard gems
  • Hoarder - Capture your first wizard gem
  • Bully - Gain tribute status with a town
  • All Fear Me - Gain tribute status from all towns (more than one) on a level that is fully populated
  • Fear Me Instead - Destroy 25 enemy tribute carts
  • Jealous - Destroy 100 enemy tribute carts
  • Robber Unto Thyself - Destroy one of your own tribute carts
  • Magellan Manager - Collect 250 tribute carts
  • Investor - Collect your first tribute cart
  • Baron of Omaha - Collect 1000 tribute carts
  • My Turf - Defeat an enemy dragon for the first time

GENERAL

• Pack Wyrm - Carry the most amount of gold possible
  • Double Dragon - Defeat two enemy dragons at the same time
  • Gilded - Earn a gold rating in all single player TREASURE levels
  • Midas - Earn a gold rating in all single player PRINCESS RUSH levels
  • Golden Tiger - Earn a gold rating in all single player HOARD levels
  • Thorough - Win all single player TREASURE levels at least once
  • Don Juan - Win all single player PRINCESS RUSH levels at least once
  • Max - Upgrade your hoard to level 12
  • Spicy - Upgrade FIRE to maximum
  • Speedy - Upgrade SPEED to maximum
  • Strong - Upgrade CARRY to maximum
  • Sturdy - Upgrade ARMOR to maximum

TREASURE AND PRINCESS

• No Sweat - Win a TREASURE or PRINCESS RUSH level without ever being defeated
  • Tender Belly - Earn a gold rating on a TREASURE of PRINCESS RUSH level without upgrading ARMOR
  • Tortoise - Earn a gold rating on a TREASURE of PRINCESS RUSH level without upgrading SPEED
  • Smoke Puff - Earn a gold rating on a TREASURE of PRINCESS RUSH level without upgrading FIRE
  • Lightweight - Earn a gold rating on a TREASURE of PRINCESS RUSH level without upgrading CARRY
  • Hatchling - Gather more than 100,000 gold on a TREASURE level without upgrading at all
  • Untouchable - Win a TREASURE or PRINCESS RUSH level without ever taking damage
  • High Security - Win a TREASURE level without having any gold stolen from your hoard
  • Let ‘em Roll - Win a TREASURE level without burning any carts, wagons, or carriages
  • Conscientious Objector - Win a TREASURE level without defeating any knights or archers
  • Charitable - Win a TREASURE level without defeating any thieves
  • Friendly - Win a four-dragon TREASURE level without defeating any enemy dragons
  • Anti-Royalty Bias - Destroy all castles in a TREASURE level before any royal carriages are produced
  • Champion - Defeat 25 knights in a single TREASURE or PRINCESS RUSH game
  • Task Force - Defeat 15 thieves in a single TREASURE or PRINCESS RUSH game
  • Hunter - Defeat 30 archers in a single TREASURE or PRINCESS RUSH game
  • Eye on the Prize - Win a PRINCESS RUSH game without ever collecting chests of gold
  • Not on My Watch - Win a PRINCESS RUSH game without ever losing a princess during ransom

HOARD MODE

• Careful - Take no damage for the first 1 minute of a HOARD MODE level
  • Lucky - Take no damage for the first 2 minutes of a HOARD MODE level
  • Sly - Take no damage for the first 3 minutes of a HOARD MODE level
  • Acrobatic - Take no damage for the first 4 minutes of a HOARD MODE level
  • Dodger - Take no damage for the first 5 minutes of a HOARD MODE level
  • Wisp - Take no damage for the first 6 minutes of a HOARD MODE level

MULTIPLAYER

• Claw to Grind - Defeat every dragon at least once in a 4-player match
  • Dominator - Defeat an enemy dragon 3 times without being defeated in return
  • Easy Mark - Steal at least 10,000 gold from enemy hoards during a match
  • No Honor Among - Steal from every opponent during a 4-player match
  • True Nobility - Win by 5 or more princesses in a PRINCESS RUSH match
  • Tireless - Don’t allow an opponent to ransom any princesses in a 2-player PRINCESS RUSH match
  • Warm Up - Win a TREASURE match having never trailed in score
  • Calisthenics - Win a PRINCESS RUSH match having never trailed in ransoms
  • Comeback Wyrm - Win a 4-player TREASURE match after being in last place at the halfway point
  • Royalty Unmasked - Win a 4-player PRINCESS RUSH match after being in last place at the halfway point
  • Thank You, I’ll Pass - Win a match without using any PowerUps
  • Envy - Steal a princess from an enemy’s hoard
  • Weak Link - Earn a gold rating on a co-op level while scoring the lowest on the team
  • Pacifist - Earn a gold rating on a co-op level without ever breathing fire
  • Guardian - Win a co-op level without the score multiplier ever being lost
  • Follow My Lead - Earn a gold rating on a co-op level while scoring the highest on the team

Edited by Slamma

I'm not sure how leveling up works in the game but from your guide it sounds like points. So at each hoard rank trophy could post how many points you need for each of the ranks?

Yes, the leveling works off points. You get points for earning badges and reaching the needed gold levels for medals on each map.

I'll see what I can dig up about the points needed for each level!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
I'm not sure how leveling up works in the game but from your guide it sounds like points. So at each hoard rank trophy could post how many points you need for each of the ranks?

There are 107 badges, 90% is 96.3. So you need at least 97 of the badges to get the Mythical Hoarder trophy.

Anyway, whats the difference between the Weak Link and Follow My Leader badges? There is the sam description for both.

It's a typo. If you read it in game, weak link says "have the lowest score." Hence, you would be the weakest link on your team.

Not even shows in number on which rank you are currently. Jus a name and a photo. Wonder is the 15 rank name same as the trophy called ? Legendary Wyrm ?

Yeah, that is quite annoying. I haven't even made it to level 15 myself. I've scoured the internet for the point levels, but have come up empty handed. I started keeping track after I already got through several ranks, but I can't seem to find those notes at this time.

It's a typo. If you read it in game, weak link says "have the lowest score." Hence, you would be the weakest link on your team.

Thanks for catching that. I have fixed it.

There are 107 badges, 90% is 96.3. So you need at least 97 of the badges to get the Mythical Hoarder trophy.

I got the game free with PS+ and I just got the 75% trophy. Most of the badges are just time-consuming, but I would say the hardest 10 for me are going to be any of the badges that require the people online to not be good/bad.

Hardest to easiest of the last 10:

-MP: Pacifist (Earn gold on co-op without ever breathing fire)

-MP: Weak Link (Earn gold on co-op with the least score on the team)

-Hoard: Dodger (Take no damage for first 5 minutes of Hoard)

-Hoard: Wisp (Take no damage for first 6 minutes of Hoard)

-MP: Royalty Unmasked (Win 4 player Princess being in last at the halfway point)

-MP: Comeback Wyrm (Win 4 player Treasure being in last at halfway point)

-General: Golden Tiger (Earn gold in every hoard level)

-General: Midas (Earn gold in every princess rush level)

-General: Gilded (Earn gold in every treasure level)

-Units: Jealous (Destroy 100 enemy tribute carts)

Honestly besides the first 4, you'll probably want to do the rest just to help getting to rank 15 faster. They aren't that hard, just take a bit more effort than the rest.

What is the tribute carts?

EDIT: I know now, but its random ? One was the enemy the tributr carts and once was mine.

When you damage a town a lot without destroying it, the town will become intimidated and your symbol will appear over it. That means the archers wont attack you and they will start sending you tribute carts. If an enemy dragon attacks your town they can take control of it, and vice versa.

Tribute only works on maps with more than one dragon competing.

When you damage a town a lot without destroying it, the town will become intimidated and your symbol will appear over it. That means the archers wont attack you and they will start sending you tribute carts. If an enemy dragon attacks your town they can take control of it, and vice versa.

Tribute only works on maps with more than one dragon competing.

Hmmm...interesting. Then probably i made it without knowing this :D

To get 1000 tribute carts have to do this a lot :(

The Treasures and Princess can be done in offline multple controllers? or in multiplayer with boost? or it's must done in single player? If in only in single player against cpu must, then that should be hard.

I just tried some of thrm, but the badges wont unlocked or i did something wrong, while im played :D

Guys I'd love to play online with friends but everytime I set up a match and send invites they don't receive anything! Also this works with them hosting, I don't get any invite.

How does this work?

Must be something with the connection. You should try to all of you power off or shut down the router and try after that.

The Treasures and Princess can be done in offline multple controllers? or in multiplayer with boost? or it's must done in single player? If in only in single player against cpu must, then that should be hard.

I just tried some of thrm, but the badges wont unlocked or i did something wrong, while im played :D

No, I tried doing some co-op badged locally, but nothing popped. I believe you have to complete the Treasures and Princesses badges in single player mode.

Guys I'd love to play online with friends but everytime I set up a match and send invites they don't receive anything! Also this works with them hosting, I don't get any invite.

How does this work?

This is the first I've seen about invites not working. Can the other person send the invite? May just be a bad connection. I know online does work because I played a few matches earlier today. I've never tried playing with someone via invite though.

only the badges under multiplayer and those under general can be done in multiplayer games.

most of the badges that require treasure levels you can do in the first or second treasure level, there is no other dragons so you only have to get 25k to win, the second level is also ideal for those gold rating-no stat badges as the gold is only 150k which is rather easy to manage.

only 22 badges left, 12 more for trophy :D

also, i did 4 player offline multiplayer using 3 controllers and motion controller, just switch its controller number so u can move that dragon if need be.

also also, the wisp badge for lasting 6 mins in horde mode, i used the first map, bottom left corner, just kill any wizard tower that spawns and the one castle in the area, you shouldnt have many knights coming after you and you have enough room there away from archers (which are to the right) to deal with the knights

also also also, its possible to solo the 4 co-op badges, if you pick the map thats the same as treasure level 2, the gold rating is 200k, its possible to get up to 210-220k but requires a perfect run, no losing your multiplyer, i did it twice, first time using player 1 to get highest point scorer, second time using player 2 so player 1 automatic gets no fire, lowest scorer for doing nothing, make sure to park your inactive dragon on your hoard, you dont have to worry about thieves that way.

Edited by Naks

• Slamma changed the title to Hoard Trophy Guide & Road Map