Has anyone completed all the challenges?

shichibukai

Honestly, I was very disappointed to see a trophy for completing 100 challenges out of like almost 300. I might go and complete them all because I find them very fun and challenging. Has anyone actually tried it? I see lots of bad feedback about the game on the forums so I assume most people ditched it as soon as they got the trophies.

I just finish the platinum and done approx. 200 challenges(a bit less i guess) some of the hardest i couldn't do(and didn't want to) were the "hidden one" 3 in every "real levelsé" (not the killing lenny stuff and the suit one for exemple :) )...

As an exemple one of those challenges is at the begginin of last mission to do 5 sniper headshots in 15 secondes (that's what the fan made site say it more felt like 10 seconds...) knowing that you are on console and that most ennemies are not grouped together but also that the slow trigger thing which slows down time is (for me aybe it's my shitty controller) really laggy and doesn't always work...well if you combine everything plus frustration it's merely impossible...

And there is also probably other challenges I haven't tried that are extremely hard...

PS: I tried them all in hard so maybe it's a lot more doable on normal (when i replayed levels in normal for collectibles i was like wtf the ennemies were completely blind compared to hard, and your can take twice as much bullets haha)!

I just finish the platinum and done approx. 200 challenges(a bit less i guess) some of the hardest i couldn't do(and didn't want to) were the "hidden one" 3 in every "real levelsé" (not the killing lenny stuff and the suit one for exemple :) )...

As an exemple one of those challenges is at the begginin of last mission to do 5 sniper headshots in 15 secondes (that's what the fan made site say it more felt like 10 seconds...) knowing that you are on console and that most ennemies are not grouped together but also that the slow trigger thing which slows down time is (for me aybe it's my shitty controller) really laggy and doesn't always work...well if you combine everything plus frustration it's merely impossible...

And there is also probably other challenges I haven't tried that are extremely hard...

PS: I tried them all in hard so maybe it's a lot more doable on normal (when i replayed levels in normal for collectibles i was like wtf the ennemies were completely blind compared to hard, and your can take twice as much bullets haha)!

Haha that challenge was pretty weird I agree. Think first tier of the challenge was to simply kill 5 guys (not sure if you had to do it with a sniper or any other weapon but I tried sniper only and it worked), then I wanted to clear the second tier and I noticed the count resets very quickly, so I thought I'm supposed to get 5 kills in one sniper mag (which was 5 bullets). Took me about 10 restarts but eventually got it :D I have no idea what the last tier needed me to do, killing enemies didn't seem to trigger the count at all, so I dropped it.

But overall the lack of challenge description was both good and bad at the same time. Good because it actually makes you try out and find it out by yourself (didn't look anything up on the internet), and bad because sometimes it's very hard to do so ;_;

There was also one "accidental kill" challenge that I tried to get but failed every time. It was on the level where you had to kill two goons and pacify the other kid so you can kidnap him. The challenge was to electrocute one of the goons while he's pissing on a wall. Every time I got close to the wall I got the triangle prompt up but it disappeared after half a second and didn't appear anymore. So not knowing what to do I swapped the barbecue sauce with fuel and let the guy get burnt alive ^^

Fun.

Edited by shichibukai

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I the only weird one who actually finished completlely the game?

I did all the challenges, I completely forgot how many you need to unlock the trophie so I just did it all, I find it quite "challenging" but the most hateful of all is the one you need to subdue and lock 15 researchers in the Silo, I spent all day trying that.

I only have one trophie left to platinum, the absolution one

• 1 year later...

I want to get the most out of the things I purchase. The compulsion to explore everything a game has to offer is my personal preference, whether or not I can achieve 100% is another matter. The drive to succeed depends on my enjoyment of the game; success depends on my learning how to execute required tasks; satisfaction with accomplishing tough challenges fuels my sense of worth. Game developers understand psychology and cater to a broad gamer base by engineering varying difficulty levels to minimize frustration. I'm not competitive in reality but virtual rewards are powerful motivators.

• 2 months later...

There was also one "accidental kill" challenge that I tried to get but failed every time. It was on the level where you had to kill two goons and pacify the other kid so you can kidnap him. The challenge was to electrocute one of the goons while he's pissing on a wall. Every time I got close to the wall I got the triangle prompt up but it disappeared after half a second and didn't appear anymore. So not knowing what to do I swapped the barbecue sauce with fuel and let the guy get burnt alive ^^

Fun.

If I recall correctly, that one you need to pick up the wrench at the beginning of the stage in order to complete that accidental kill. It's one of those kills you can't really hang around and watch, unfortunately. You just have to play through the stage and you'll eventually get the message that he's electrocuted himself and died.

Me, I might go for a few challenges that looked fun (on normal, of course), but I'm not going to get all 280-ish.

• 1 year later...

4 years after finishing this game I decided to play it again. As I have lost my old save file, I decided to do all challenges again, it was very fun and time consuming. Some of them were a little tricky and some were very long (as angel of death part 2 from attack of the saints level).