The russian hare - problems.

innominat

I have just spent an hour trying this. I'm trying to do the R2 precision head shot with the sniper and im just not getting it. I gave up.

2 questions

1) Is there any way to know if its a precision head shot?

2) As I have quit without hitting a checkpoint did I lose all my progress?

:(:(:confused:

I have never seen time slow down once. I just cannot get it to work for me, its incredibly frustrating. I even skipped the section in the first mission where you are shown how to use it as it just wont work for me? Could the spring in my controller be faulty? I have dropped it a lot.

Edited by innominat

Definitely try another controller :) The focus mode is very clear to see when the trigger is squeezed halfway through - it slows down to perhaps 20% of real time. Even though it's incredibly twitchy (I set fire to R1 myself to snap fewer accidental shots), you do realize when you're in focus even if maintaining it takes a bit of practice.

So if you haven't seen slo-mo once you're pressing the wrong button or the button doesn't work correctly.

In this case watching a video might be beneficial. It will show you the slo-mo and breathing effect: that is what you should see and hear before you get a shot off. Personally I did it over the bridge to the factory mid-story, so that's as good a place to farm it as the end mission is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4y7ylkNoSs]Hitman: Absolution - The Russian Hare Achievement/Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Just unlocked this...

For other late Hitman players who are confused by this trophy, here's what I did.

Load up Absolution and select cemetery.

As mentioned, when holding R2 ever so lightly in sniper scope mode, you will notice the game slows down. If your unsure if its working just hold R2 lightly over an enemy who is walking, you will soon see how slowly holding R2 makes him appear.

From there, just snipe the headshots and once you're out of ammo, reload the checkpoint. Ideally you should get it in 5 checkpoint restarts, but if not then just keep going. I got it on my very last bullet and the trophy popped lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried with a new controller i bought and it just does not work. Iv seen in videos that show the cross hair narrow when in precision mode but this just does not happen for me regardless of what I do. I'm completely lost and this is the last trophies for me to platinum the game. I'm on 98 %. Will Deleting the game and re-installing help? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Edited by innominat

• 3 weeks later...
I have tried with a new controller i bought and it just does not work. Iv seen in videos that show the cross hair narrow when in precision mode but this just does not happen for me regardless of what I do. I'm completely lost and this is the last trophies for me to platinum the game. I'm on 98 %. Will Deleting the game and re-installing help? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Your just doing it wrong mate. Don't delete anything, just keep trying.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

I got this trophy (more like grinded) during the King of Chinatown chapter - a lot of other kill related trophies can be earnt this early in this chapter anyway.  I did not have to hold the breath - feathering :r2: and just went straight with the headshots.  I just made sure to ZOOM with :up: for close-up scoping.  At the drug-dealer's room is the sniper rifle with a 15-ammo capacity - this is basically four full checkpoints reloads with enough allowance in between to miss a few headshots. So easy to do it here, pick the enemies one at a time and most of them are even stationary.  Just make sure to hide in the OUTSIDE cabinet by the door.  The game will sometimes pit you against a cop who refuses to leave the room if we hide in one of the cabinets/trunks inside the room, thus making this supposedly easy trophy a tad more complicated than it actually is. 

Edited by Naps