Am I the only one who finds this game insanely hard?

Viper

How in the blue hell did this game get a 3/10 on Plat difficulty? I don't know how many times I've had to keep repeating level after level after level because minor little mistakes ruin everything, I considering that HARD TO DO. This game is so unnerving and disheartening (having to start at the very beginning of something every single time you fuck up only makes me want to rush because I'm sick of repeating myself).

Maybe it's just me, but I'm having the absolute worst time with this game, I swear I've put in near 10 hours already and I'm only at the damn train station as of this post. This game is by no means easy, and I think this has to be the most misleading Plat difficulty I've seen on this site since I've been here.

I'm pissed off and ranting, but that doesn't change my opinion on this game just being down right miserable and hard to deal with. This is AT LEAST a 6/10.

The stealth is what is hard about it (Playing on Hard difficulty), I swear they see you in the most precarious situations when you think you're in the clear, and there always feels like one guy too many in an area you need stealth your way out of.

I'd give this game a definite 3/10 if I was able to shoot my way to victory every time that'd make it a million times easier, unfortunately you usually don't have enough ammo for that.

Edited by TheViper4Life

Yeah, I know how you feel. Some guards have eyes like a hawk, no matter how well hidden you are they still see you. I don't know how many times I had to replay the library/train station first time I played it.

I don't want to act like a show-off but you can watch my guide on YouTube if you want. I did it on Hard and collected all the evidence. No guards alerted or killed.

Yeah, I know how you feel. Some guards have eyes like a hawk, no matter how well hidden you are they still see you. I don't know how many times I had to replay the library/train station first time I played it.

I don't want to act like a show-off but you can watch my guide on YouTube if you want. I did it on Hard and collected all the evidence. No guards alerted or killed.

I watched your youtube video of the train station. You make it look SOOO easy, and I was getting such different results. I guess Hitman just isn't my game.

Just like I did with Deus Ex, knowing my limitations with stealth, I started this game on normal difficulty in order to fully explore every environment, learn the lay of the land, and get a feel for all the gameplay mechanics.

As I'm just starting out, I'm of course not sure yet how well that will play out during my hard run, but at least I'll have a lot of the trophies (challenges, styles, collectibles) out of the way, so on hard I can just concentrate on getting through each level as efficiently as possible, even if I have to watch a video for particularly troublesome sections.

I know that approach isn't for people who just want to plat this game as quickly as possible on one playthrough, but so far I'm really enjoying this and find my "long game" approach much more satisfying than the hours of frustration, before eventually giving up, I'd be dealing with otherwise. (I've learned the hard way.)

Just like I did with Deus Ex, knowing my limitations with stealth, I started this game on normal difficulty in order to fully explore every environment, learn the lay of the land, and get a feel for all the gameplay mechanics.

As I'm just starting out, I'm of course not sure yet how well that will play out during my hard run, but at least I'll have a lot of the trophies (challenges, styles, collectibles) out of the way, so on hard I can just concentrate on getting through each level as efficiently as possible, even if I have to watch a video for particularly troublesome sections.

I know that approach isn't for people who just want to plat this game as quickly as possible on one playthrough, but so far I'm really enjoying this and find my "long game" approach much more satisfying than the hours of frustration, before eventually giving up, I'd be dealing with otherwise. (I've learned the hard way.)

Deus Ex had it's moments, but it was nothing like this. I thought Deus Ex had a far more fluent and structured stealth system, it was more...I don't know...proper. Hitman Absolution doesn't come off as a game that wants to be Stealth, it seems structured to be more of a tactical Third Person Shooter with some stealth elements involved, but frankly getting into gun fights in this game...at least on Hard...isn't a good idea.

I don't know, when I saw 3/10 for the Plat difficulty (technically 4/10 since its 3.91) I was expecting another cake walk of a Plat, and while you can get a good chunk of the trophies out of the way in the 2nd level of the game, the actual story missions, do not warrant a 3 or 4/10. You may not have to do much to get the trophies but getting to the end result, so far hasn't been the least bit easy.

Deus Ex had it's moments, but it was nothing like this. I thought Deus Ex had a far more fluent and structured stealth system, it was more...I don't know...proper. Hitman Absolution doesn't come off as a game that wants to be Stealth, it seems structured to be more of a tactical Third Person Shooter with some stealth elements involved, but frankly getting into gun fights in this game...at least on Hard...isn't a good idea.

I don't know, when I saw 3/10 for the Plat difficulty (technically 4/10 since its 3.91) I was expecting another cake walk of a Plat, and while you can get a good chunk of the trophies out of the way in the 2nd level of the game, the actual story missions, do not warrant a 3 or 4/10. You may not have to do much to get the trophies but getting to the end result, so far hasn't been the least bit easy.

Well it seems now I spoke too soon. I just spent over an hour trying to get through the library full of cops on normal difficulty. Stealth killing my way through, like Batman, was impossible because there were just too many, especially in the second area--and one slip up and you're toast. Walking through disguised as a cop was of course impossible, and there's no disguise change possibility here. When you get within 10 feet of another cop, even full intuition doesn't let you slip by. I finally figured out the best stealth route, but still had to kill a few cops in open combat at the end to reach the exit. By the time I got to Shangri-La and saw cops blocking every route through there, I decided I had enough of this game, as I don't find it exactly what I would call fun.

Not to mention, from what little I've played of this story, I just don't believe the most expedient solution for this character is to kill dozens and dozens of cops every time he gets into a little trouble.

I also don't like the fact that the number of enemies makes it nearly impossible to fully explore and search for collectibles in each area (unless you kill everyone, of course, first). The only way I could plat this would be with a collectible guide, which normally I would only use as a last resort.

Edited by Satnamji

Yeah its definitely not easy, I also think the 3-4/10 rating is way too low. I'm playing on Hard and just escaped the Vixen nightclub - I don't know how many times I've had to restart checkpoints but its a hell of a lot. Some of the challenges are just impossible on Hard difficulty, and I'll go back and try for them on Normal.

One saving grace is that as soon as you collect a piece of evidence, you don't have to get it again (unless you want the points for the level, which I stopped caring about). Some of them are impossible to get without being spotted/attacked.

Yeah its definitely not easy, I also think the 3-4/10 rating is way too low. I'm playing on Hard and just escaped the Vixen nightclub - I don't know how many times I've had to restart checkpoints but its a hell of a lot. Some of the challenges are just impossible on Hard difficulty, and I'll go back and try for them on Normal.

One saving grace is that as soon as you collect a piece of evidence, you don't have to get it again (unless you want the points for the level, which I stopped caring about). Some of them are impossible to get without being spotted/attacked.

Oh yeah, I learned the hard way that you only have to get Evidence once. But I've been using BabyFirefly's walkthroughs (She's playing on Expert but it translates to Hard in most occasions) and she just goes balls to the wall to get some of the evidence and never gets caught, so I try to mimic exactly what she does and end up getting seen, which is always odd because she's on a harder difficulty and having an easier time then I am lol.

Oh yeah, I learned the hard way that you only have to get Evidence once. But I've been using BabyFirefly's walkthroughs (She's playing on Expert but it translates to Hard in most occasions) and she just goes balls to the wall to get some of the evidence and never gets caught, so I try to mimic exactly what she does and end up getting seen, which is always odd because she's on a harder difficulty and having an easier time then I am lol.

Maybe she's playing with all her techniques unlocked/maxed. I know by the end of my normal playthrough, I should have all of them, which I assume will make my hard playthrough easier.

Also, regarding evidence, challenges, playstyles, etc., I'm finding this game gets much easier if you just focus on objectives and getting through the level as opposed to exploring to figure out some of the odd ball challenges or finding evidence or maxing the end level score. I still get some challenges, playstyles, and evidence along the way, so I'll just clean up via partial playthroughs after I finish my normal and hard difficulty runs and try not to aggravate myself too much.

I agree with a lot of what's been said here.

I find the margin for error and the ability to recover is much lower than previous games. In Blood Money you could bait individual enemies to your advantage. In Absolution if you bait one, you automatically bait them all. And with most levels only having 2 or 3 disguises, finding a replacement when your cover is blown is not an option.

I just don't feel Absolution is a natural stealth game. I feel like I'm trying to be stealthy in a shooter, and it doesn't always work.

In Blood Money I could fluidly work through a level and with the right tactics could get Silent Assassin on all levels. With Absolution I feel like some levels are utterly geared towards action sequences instead of stealth.

I really enjoyed the challenge of this game. It however, pissed me off at times and felt flawed. The reward for beating certain missions was quite satisfying.

The game is very slow paced for a stealth game. While you do get the option to shoot your way out of places, the odds are against you, so its not really an good choice unless you're desperate. I died countless times in the Graveyard and in the Orphanage Halls.

I personally think that as hard as the game can be, they made the trophies as easy as they could possibly be, if that makes any sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find this game hard as well. Even though I do realize this is supposed to be a stealth game , I still rambo my way through almost all of the stages. Whenever there is a stage with too much adversaries, too less firepower for me and the fact that health bar takes like 5 minutes to regen, I was forced into using actually use stealth to get past those sections, and I get detected so many times it's starting to frustrate me. Playing on normal makes all the difference in the world. It's only hard mode that forces me to play stealth for real.

• 1 month later...

Not to boast but i really didn't have much trouble with this game at all, I'd rate it a 3 or 4 for difficulty. I guess it just depends on what you're good at as I've been playing metal gear and splinter cell games for years (this being my first hitman game though). Now DmC on the other hand is rated a 4 on this site and that is one of the hardest plats I've gotten. In my opinion being an 8 or 9, but melee action games have never been my forte.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...