A word of warning.

VizualProphet

Hey guys just thought I'd share my despair from last night as a warning to the rest of you. I got Hitman on launch day and never experienced the game freezing once. Then last week this patch gets released which is supposed to increase stability as people were experiencing freezing issues, so I download it.

In the hour I played after downloading the patch the game froze on me three times, so I gave up. I was planning on removing the patch as I had all online trophies already, but I got a few friends requests last night from people on here needing help with the 'Partners in Crime' trophy so I booted the game up to send them a mission.

The PS3 froze again, but this time upon restart I found out my HDD was now corrupt and the only way to fix it was to format the entire HDD. I've now lost every save file I had on my PS3, not to mention the 60+ games I need to re-download. Absolutely raging about it, but there's not much I can do, just hoping that sharing my story may help other gamers on here not suffer the same fate.

I've just had a very similar sort of problem but thankfully it's only corrupted by Hitman save file and not the entire HDD. It's a pain in the arse but was going to playthrough again for Absolution trophy so it's not set me back too much.

I was 3 missions away from the Absolution trophy. Think I'll need to let the wounds heal before starting it again. I lost a 15 hour Far Cry 3 save as well, so I've had to start that again as well. Suffice to say I'm now taking advantage of my PS+ cloud save feature.

(...)last night from people on here needing help with the 'Partners in Crime' trophy so I booted the game up to send them a mission.

The PS3 froze again,(...)

This I find remarkable. Something similar happened to me yesterday. Everything was running fine until a friend sent me a PSN message. That very moment the game quit out to XMB, without freeze and in the blink of an eye.

Might aswell be coincidence but PS3 PSN system has caused some trouble at earlier games up to the point where one could play them only when signed out. :think:

Hey bud look that message about reformatting your HDD pops up quite often, like sometimes when your game freezes. Never ever hit the X button to proceed on with reformatting your HDD, instead press the O button and bam back to normal. I know that exact message your talking about and it's just a warning that your playstation gives you when it's not turned off normally. That really sux if you already reformatted it, it is a scary message and they should really change that because its not obvious that you don't have to do it.

Can anyone verify if the patched tweaked the disguise issue on normal? (extend the distance that they can see you in a disguise or at least make it take longer to spot?) I have beaten it on hard and got the platinum, but I wanted to go abck for fun, and I get tired doing the Sam Fisher thing all the time. I actually get spotted less in the suit!