Save data deleted

Liquid-Arikardo

Hey guys,

So I've been working my ass off playing through on Purist difficulty and after a couple of days off I load up Hitman today to be greeted with a message of 'no saved data located a new save will be created'. I think that's strange as I've clearly been playing.

I exit the game to discover my data is gone. Totally gone. I live with my girlfriend but she doesn't have a clue how to operate the PS3 let alone specifically search for my hitman save and delete it and I haven't done it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I really don't have the willpower to start it again now.

I did find a folder called 'Unknown' in my save data area that contains 'corrupted data'.

It just happened to me at the attack of the saints mission, screen went blank and nothing worked so i reset the console. The save was gone but luckily i backed up the save but now when i load the game it gets upto the part after the cutscene and the hitman absolution screen comes up with the barcode 47 and doesn't do anything. this game is ruined by stupid shit.:2walls:

Edit: it may help a few and the way i played the game was never use checkpoints even on purist when you need it bad, never use it, i completed the last 5 missions like that and not once did it freeze.

Edited by khalkh

It just happened to me at the attack of the saints mission, screen went blank and nothing worked so i reset the console. The save was gone but luckily i backed up the save but now when i load the game it gets upto the part after the cutscene and the hitman absolution screen comes up with the barcode 47 and doesn't do anything. this game is ruined by stupid shit.:2walls:

I got the forever loading screen when mine froze, but I reset the PS3 a few times and it started working again :)

The game froze on me a few times. From what I can tell, restarting checkpoints consistently (say when you are going for Silent Assassin and have to restart) triggers this issue. You can tell when the frame rate starts to drop as soon as you restart a checkpoint that its going to freeze on you sometime soon - unless you restart your PS3.

Too many freezes might corrupt your save data. Again, I am not sure this is what triggers it but it seems most likely.

Temporary solution: Back up your saves after a session whenever you finish. That way, atleast your latest progress is saved. Waiting for a patch might take time.

Edited by RJ2112

I also had the game crash on me, i got all the way up to operation sledgehammer, it crashed at the beginning of the mission, i then had to press the power button for it to be reset.

Once i loaded the game back up, my game data wouldn't load.

I had to start again, i've now completed it and since i have, it's crashed twice more, but both of those times my game data remained ok. I don't know if this has anything to do with why my data was still working but, when the game crashed the last two times, i waited about 5 minutes before i turned the system off. (just to give it time to save properly, that' if it was even doing anything still)

I hope that helps anyone else out, just to be safe i also saved my games on to an external drive.

I also had the game crash on me, i got all the way up to operation sledgehammer, it crashed at the beginning of the mission, i then had to press the power button for it to be reset.

I had to start again, i've now completed it and since i have, it's crashed twice more, but both of those times my game data remained ok. I don't know if this has anything to do with why my data was still working but, when the game crashed the last two times, i waited about 5 minutes before i turned the system off. (just to give it time to save properly, that' if it was even doing anything still)

I hope that helps anyone else out, just to be safe i also saved my games on to an external drive.

I think the safest route would be to avoid playing it until its patched if you can lol. I know that is what I am doing, don't have a shortage of games to play personally so its not a problem for me. I know I would be very mad if I lost a bunch of hours to something like this.

I think the safest route would be to avoid playing it until its patched if you can lol. I know that is what I am doing, don't have a shortage of games to play personally so its not a problem for me. I know I would be very mad if I lost a bunch of hours to something like this.

Yeah i'm the same, i've completed it and got the platinum for it now so i'm just playing the contracts for a bit of fun, but i've got Borderlands 2 to be getting on with now so it shouldn't matter. I'll wait to do story missions (for silent assassin rank on all of them) until it's patched i think.

Same here. Got the game, but haven't played it yet. Since getting a PS3, I've only had a corrupted save once (way back when with Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood)... and that was a source of huge frustration, so I'm not too eager to run into something like that anytime soon.

I was just going to post this. It seems that if you wait long enough when it crashes, you will not lose your entire game safe file, only what happened since the last hard checkpoint (not user activated). I recommend the 5 minute wait described above, as well. If you shut down too early, you corrupt your save file, and your PS3 goes through the error check routine.

I have had several fatal crashes. Lucky I had already beaten the game and the crash happened at the same instant the 100 challenge trophy unlocked. I now back up my save game frequently.

• 9 months later...

My shit just did this. I'm so utterly pissed off right now. I was just trying to get all the challenges done for the pleasure of saying I had all of them done. And well I was on "Countdown" the second to last mission. On the last challenge when I restarted my checkpoint and it went to a black screen. I turned my PS3 off loaded it back up and it said that there was no save file and asked me if I wanted to create a new one. I also backed it up and I was so angry I went to plug in my flash drive. I went to import it and I accidentally exported the new file onto my flash drive and fucked it all up. :mad:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is the first game to get a corrupted save for me. I first played it unpatched and offline and it was running smooth. But soon after patching it and playing with the online functions it started freezing constantly. At least twice it froze and I lost progress, for example unlock a play style, game apparently saves, then freezes later and that progress is gone. After about the 10th+ freeze my save was corrupted. I didn't know this was a common problem for this game before it happened to me. Now I'm backing up the save after every session and playing offline unpatched.