Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Hitman: Absolution This thread has been created to discuss anything Hitman: Absolution related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

Gotta to tell you jumping out of the cake after you kill and hide the stripper was a nice touch. Then getting to head shot all of the guards when you jump out of the cake then take the disguise was entertaining.

wha...?

Like I said in the other thread before it was pointlessly deleted only to be recreated by a mod...

So eh, Diana was alive at the end? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad she is, I cannot wait for the next game with missions starting "Hello 47, here is your mission" but I mean, he shot her in the heart... he intended to kill her... he left her alone and killer the guards in the mansion... surely the ICA went in and checked... Oh, there are just so many issues I have with the fact she is suddenly alive. At least in Blood Money 47's death was really clever, what with the whole antidote lipstick thing

wha...?

Like I said in the other thread before it was pointlessly deleted only to be recreated by a mod...

So eh, Diana was alive at the end? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad she is, I cannot wait for the next game with missions starting "Hello 47, here is your mission" but I mean, he shot her in the heart... he intended to kill her... he left her alone and killer the guards in the mansion... surely the ICA went in and checked... Oh, there are just so many issues I have with the fact she is suddenly alive. At least in Blood Money 47's death was really clever, what with the whole antidote lipstick thing

I sort of think you shouldnt look too deeply into that bro, IO simply had to make my personal interpretation to the whole story goes like this: ICA wanted to get rid of Travis near the end of the game (we the gamer don't see this) until the very end where you see 47 get his Contract money for the kill.

It's very cleverly well done I thought, I'd go as far to say that the ICA planned it all to weed out who ever was using them for there own gain which Travis obviously was.

That's just my two sence though I could be totally wrong.

I sort of think you shouldnt look too deeply into that bro, IO simply had to make my personal interpretation to the whole story goes like this: ICA wanted to get rid of Travis near the end of the game (we the gamer don't see this) until the very end where you see 47 get his Contract money for the kill.

It's very cleverly well done I thought, I'd go as far to say that the ICA planned it all to weed out who ever was using them for there own gain which Travis obviously was.

That's just my two sence though I could be totally wrong.

explain your theory in a bit more depth, I like it

explain your theory in a bit more depth, I like it

No problem bro.

Ok, basically my interpretation of the story in a bit more in depth is that Travis has been taking advantage of his position within the ICA, I came to this conclusion at the wood graveyard level where you can hear Travis saying to his secretary that the ICA higher ups will believe what ever they are told which means it isn't his first time he's been dishonest towards the ICA.

So sometime during the campaign they got into contact with 47 and arranged a contract out on Travis, we don't know this until the very end when you notice the ICA planting funds in to our account after the credits.

Story was complete dog shit, someone watched Taken and thought yes lets make a game!! Why did they put so much focus on story? Every Hitman before Absolution had better stories yet they were never the main focus. Stuff like the Sanchez fight was pure cheese and the last "boss" was anticlimactic.

Don't get me started on that Cop-out ending!!!

I still really like the game but god was the story bad, wouldn't have mattered if there was more big open social stealth levels but there wasn't. Hopefully Montreal get it right, most of the old hitman devs are there so it should be great.

i'm not a big fan of the story either.

In the end I still don't understand why Victoria gets so good at killing when she has the usb around her neck, it wasn't explained(fine) but how is she better/compare than 47 when she has this obvious weakness around her neck?

As for Diana's "death", i just hated it so much. Sure they intensionally didn't let us kill her(cut scene) but bringing her back in the end was just bad taste. you just can't do things like that without explaining...the bullet SHOT her!! it shattered the glass and struck her!! who the hell is she still alive?? oh, and the ICA just didn't bother to check or are they too busy going after Victoria.

let's hope there's gonna be more DLC coming out soon with a Birdie contract, really want to kill that guy.

Gotta to tell you jumping out of the cake after you kill and hide the stripper was a nice touch. Then getting to head shot all of the guards when you jump out of the cake then take the disguise was entertaining.

Holy shit, just looked that up on Youtube! I had no idea that section of the level was even there, I usually just got in the decontamination suit and walked right out lol.

I did really enjoy killing the guy through the two way mirror in the VIP area of the strip club though, that was probably my favorite kill. That or during my playthrough last night, needing to kill a guard in Blackwater when he walked through a door, only to notice another was following close behind. I bailed before changing disguises and hid in a closet, and as the second guard came through and opened the door, he jammed the body between the door and the wall, so the body was hidden! 2nd guy didn't even notice the first behind the door.

Story was complete dog shit, someone watched Taken and thought yes lets make a game!! Why did they put so much focus on story? Every Hitman before Absolution had better stories yet they were never the main focus. Stuff like the Sanchez fight was pure cheese and the last "boss" was anticlimactic.

Don't get me started on that Cop-out ending!!!

I still really like the game but god was the story bad, wouldn't have mattered if there was more big open social stealth levels but there wasn't. Hopefully Montreal get it right, most of the old hitman devs are there so it should be great.

I loved the Fight Night level. It was a pain in the ass to get the Patriot unspotted, but once I did and walked through the curtains to the roar of the crowd, I thought that was a nice touch. Yes the QTE fight itself wasn't very exciting, but the level as a whole came together nicely.

And re: the "boss", i.e. Praetorians, yes, it was very simple and easy since you had a sniper rifle, but I'd rather have it that way than some superhuman boss that takes 20 bullets to the head to kill like other games will throw at you.

Overall, I thought the story was good. I found myself being much more vengeful and vicious on levels like Rosewood where the enemies were killing innocents or being cruel to Victoria. If you can look back and realize those types of situations, then obviously the story got me involved.

I just replayed the first mission. (Tutorial mission.) When 47 "kills" Diana, you do NOT see where or even if the bullet hits her.

Overall, I liked the story with all its goofiness, though they forgot to give anyone but the villains any personality.

Personally, the Diana not dead trick kind of destroyed the dramatic aspect of it for me, but then again, they didn't really focus much on it anyways.

Hm ... I had not killed Lenny the first time and I thought it was him in the ending that comes to that police chief and offers info about 47. I was curious what it would look like when you kill Lenny before and it was that info dude (forgot the name right now) instead ....

but now I'm not so sure, maye I wasn't paying attention back then and it was him all along?

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe he shot her with a bullet with the same fake-death serum Diana used on 47 to fake his death in Blood Money. Diana faked 47's death once. 47 could just be returning the favour. And I don't remember seeing 47 shooting Diana in the heart... he could have shot her in the shoulder. We don't know for sure because the camera doesn't show where 47 shoots her.

• 2 weeks later...
Hm ... I had not killed Lenny the first time and I thought it was him in the ending that comes to that police chief and offers info about 47. I was curious what it would look like when you kill Lenny before and it was that info dude (forgot the name right now) instead ....

but now I'm not so sure, maye I wasn't paying attention back then and it was him all along?

good point Mate, i was wondering the exact same thing at the end.

saying as i always play without killing anyone but the targets i was always going to leave him alive

i even tried to knock him out and put him in the Car boot to take him with me rather than let the little Bellend get away! lol

good point Mate, i was wondering the exact same thing at the end.

saying as i always play without killing anyone but the targets i was always going to leave him alive

i even tried to knock him out and put him in the Car boot to take him with me rather than let the little Bellend get away! lol

Best way is to shoot the vultures (5 of them I think) and watch the van zoom through the scene and run him over.

ehm it is only Birdie that comes to the police officer, i didn't killed Lenny either, and i'm 100% sure it was Birdie at the end (birdpoop on his shoulders, and a voice you will recognize)

Lenny just died in the dessert ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finished the story yesterday and was one best parts of the game, both the story and the BGM where they were excellent. The game has some major flaws in my opinion, do not know if it was because of the difficulty where I played (hard), but I doubt, then we walk and the guards begin to see us use a bit of Instinct and reached such a pc where we pretend we work done so far so good, now we have a mask to cover face us and they see us?! Apart from that, the combat system is simple and easy for anyone, too easy that just about 3/4 KO punches they are :p

There are several ways to pass ever mission is also excellent, as was the previous was, this was much better. For me it was one of the major candidates for GOTY 2012.

Now aside for those who have finished the game and do not want spoilers.

[spoiler=spoiler alert]Do we have a new game here a while? At the end of the Birdy goes to a cop and says that helps catch the 47, I hope so, because I love the Hitman franchise.

Edited by vava

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this game very linear.

There are a variety of ways to complete your objective but it's not a typical open world game.

I usually love stealth games but this game I was often restarting your checkpoints so you get past enemies unseen etc.

It had great graphics and a decent storyline.

The game is also a bit glitchy as some trophies are bugged (all evidence trophy glitched on me :mad:)

Overall, not too bad and not too great.

7/10.