M4 issues

This weapon is frustrating as hell. It's not that it even is that hard to obtain. IT'S THAT IT SIMPLY WON'T UNLOCK!

I've done Anathema 10 times now, every single time I silent assassin ranked it. NO M4!

What the hell!?

Really at the edge here, I need some sort of clarification.

Is "current game" screwing things up? Should I "load game" instead? The guides here aren't even helpful and there is so much mis-information regarding this gun that I have no idea what to believe. This board is pretty dead... but I need help.

EDIT: IT JUST WON'T UNLOCK! 5 more levels silent assassin'd in a row, does this NEED to be done on Professional or something? There was nothing about this in any of the guides.

Edit #2: Since I'm pretty sure the stealth way is borked, I did it the other way in mission 15(thank christ for this method, seriously). Took a few reloads but I managed to get them to murder each other and then snuck up and grabbed one. Trophy didn't pop until the next level.

Pretty sure the regular way is bugged. :l

Edited by TunnelingEffect

This weapon is frustrating as hell. It's not that it even is that hard to obtain. IT'S THAT IT SIMPLY WON'T UNLOCK!

I've done Anathema 10 times now, every single time I silent assassin ranked it. NO M4!

What the hell!?

Really at the edge here, I need some sort of clarification.

Is "current game" screwing things up? Should I "load game" instead? The guides here aren't even helpful and there is so much mis-information regarding this gun that I have no idea what to believe. This board is pretty dead... but I need help.

EDIT: IT JUST WON'T UNLOCK! 5 more levels silent assassin'd in a row, does this NEED to be done on Professional or something? There was nothing about this in any of the guides.

Edit #2: Since I'm pretty sure the stealth way is borked, I did it the other way in mission 15(thank christ for this method, seriously). Took a few reloads but I managed to get them to murder each other and then snuck up and grabbed one. Trophy didn't pop until the next level.

Pretty sure the regular way is bugged. :l

Hello :)

I can confirm that you have to earn the Silent Assassin Rating on 5 different levels and they may have to be done in a row. I don't think doing the first level over and over, will suffice.

Whether difficulty has an effect, I really do not know.

If it still fails to unlock, then you might want to read this thread and on it there is an alternative place where you can earn the weapon. - http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/hitman-2-silent-assassin-hd/195477-lost-my-m4.html

Edited by Dr.HelmutMarko