Rate the trophy difficulty...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.81

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Truly, once you learn how to play (and stop stressing the Heroic Victory concern), this game is quite easy. You will certainly have to restart several missions a few times to learn the ambush points, but this is quite an easy Platinum.

I'd rate it a 3, just for the frequent level restarts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was a 2 for me! Some missions I had to restarr maybe a couple of times to get within the right amount of turns for herioc victory but overall its really easy! Just get up the 3 upper most Patton point categories first for more hit point, ammo and attack power and make sure you dont walk into ambushes and you'll be fine!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I vote 3 out of 10.

I only have hard time with the last mission of 3rd operation: go the destination where a bunch of bunker around:mad: .

My favorite soldier type: Sniper. Bazooka guys are only good at the 1st 3 operations, I rarely use them in 4th operation. Tanks are good choice in these missions because I can use them to protect my snipers.

Edited by LD2013

I voted a 2/10 for overall platinum difficulty because none of the missions were impassable. Some required some forethought or altering my strategy but there was nothing I couldn't get past on my own. In fact, once I got the 10 Heroic Victories I went on my own without any guides and found the latter levels in Campaigns 3 and 4 to be pretty easy.

As long as you go slowly and use cover then you should be fine. In many cases your units can see the enemy before they can see you so you should be able to inch your way across the map and still take out any enemies in your path.

I really liked this game and am glad it was finally released on other consoles (besides the PSP, which is where I first played this in 2010).

Just plat the US PS Vita version. It seems this version is easier than US retail version because the bunkers didn't shoot my soldiers even they come nearby it. The bunkers are disappeared in some maps, Churchill tank can shoot infinitely in mission 20.....not sure if this is a glitch in this version :whistle:.

I voted 3/10 for US retail version, if I can vote again, I will vote 2/10 for PS Vita version.:think:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I give it a four. It's gets much. Easier after you figure out what is actually going on and very easy after obtaining the howitzer. I finished the game with 13 heroic victories so don't fret like I did about heroic victory on level one. I played it like 15 times to get the heroic but then again it did help me learn more of the ins and outs of the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

2/10. You'll probably have to replay some of the missions once or maximum twice but nothing too frustrating. Heroic Victory is not a problem whe you'll look at the number of turn criteria that has been posted on this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

3 - I probably tried too hard to get Heroic victories on the early levels. In Op4 I got 3 Heroics without even trying so like an earlier poster said, don't kill yourself trying to get Heroic. Knife kills are farmable (just reload a commando stealth level, finish it and reload again if you still need more - mission 12 or so is great). I probably struggled the most with Mission 15 but I suck at these kinds of games and struggled only to keep everyone alive even though it wasn't necessary. Damn bunker guns would kill me even though I was outside their range. :mad:

EDIT: probably would have made it easier on myself had I known from the start that snipers are still really good at killing guys well outside their range (on Easy at least). Seriously, give it a go. If I could see them and there wasn't any rocks/buildings in the way I could pick them off from anywhere.

Edited by Stork77

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 3. Lost a troop member a few times near the end of a mission and had to restart. In retrospect, I had more than enough heroic victories, so I probably made it harder than it needed to be. Once you are upgraded fully and have a couple of tanks, the later missions are very, very easy.

I voted 4.

While not really that hard, since you can get the platinum with the lowest difficulty, there are some bullsh*t moments that will make you restart a level several times, like stealth levels, or some tanks appearing out of nowhere and killing one of your units right away.