Stuck @ English Battle 14

The French enemies are either insanely overpowered at their levels 7-8 against my level 9-12 armies, or have just too much in numbers.

I can't finish the mini-battles, and even much less the story mission because it starts me off with 8 units against, what? 30 units?

How do I get through this?

• 2 weeks later...
The French enemies are either insanely overpowered at their levels 7-8 against my level 9-12 armies, or have just too much in numbers.

I can't finish the mini-battles, and even much less the story mission because it starts me off with 8 units against, what? 30 units?

How do I get through this?

me 2 stuck same place , i need help alos

and i can see they got guns how the hell to get guns i only got bow level 12 at the stage

• 3 weeks later...

the solution is to throw this game in the garbage lol!i dont know what to say first time i played it they destroyed me-2nd time i had 6 units left at the end-it appeared to be mostly luck-remember at the start of the battle you can chop and change your army-i had half knights and half archers-also its basic advice but have the battle cards starvation,well fed,panic.

let them come to you and obviously avoid a head on route at the end to avoid their guns-you will unlock firearms after this battle.

• 1 month later...
the solution is to throw this game in the garbage lol!i dont know what to say first time i played it they destroyed me-2nd time i had 6 units left at the end-it appeared to be mostly luck-remember at the start of the battle you can chop and change your army-i had half knights and half archers-also its basic advice but have the battle cards starvation,well fed,panic.

let them come to you and obviously avoid a head on route at the end to avoid their guns-you will unlock firearms after this battle.

Man at what level wasyour army

and by any chance you answer my PM if i need u help or if u have an PS email

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this the one where you attack against French prepared defense line with artillery pieces?

What I did was that I maneuvered a left flank movement, so that I wasn't hit too badly by his long range (and inaccurate) artillery. After I got a bit of room, it was the usual infantry at front, archers at back following infantry closely. Cavalry for flanking charges only and pulling back after charges. I guess I routed enemy from battlefield rather than getting 3 of my units across it as I can't remember any mission where I advanced?

Step 1: Advance to enemy's right flank keeping max distance to artillery pieces:

----x-----x-----x----

^

|

|

+---- yyyyyyyyy

Step 2: roll enemy lines

yy

yy--> ---x----x---

yy

Remember, keep your force concentrated for local superiority, like what Rommel did on North Africa at early stages against ill prepared Commonwealth forces :)

This works well for example on last French battle. I tried first to keep all 3 victory squares but was overhelmed everywhere. Then I decided to defend only the leftmost one having a ring defense around it and letting artillery to kill enemies on initial stage (and sacrifice them), and then decimate anyone coming close to my steel arbers and handguns. Handguns are effective against knights with mail or plate armour. As English arrived piece meal, end result was something like 35 own losses against 300+ of theirs.

Edited by Strat1968

• 4 weeks later...