Rate the trophy difficulty...  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.26

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the platinum for this game, and can safely say it's a 6/10, who ever the people who voted it a 1 are, have never played this game.

I would say I'm pretty decent at RTS and strategy games, And have played a lot of them, and this is one of the toughest I've played, even on easy. I found my self having to replay alot of the chapters and missions just to find the right tactic to beat the opposition. A lot of the time you have less units and will find yourself having to play lots of side missions over and over to level your units up, And that can get quite boring after a while.

But saying that I really enjoyed playing this game, It's on of the few RTS/strategy games that has made me think and plan on how to win a battle.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voted 4. Single player was 3 in my opinion, but completely dead online community backed up with the low amount of sold copies makes online trophies extremely difficult to get!

Build up your force from beginning to have lots of archer type of units backed up by a few heavy infantry and a few cavalry units. There is no need to have unmounted cavalry (knights) IMO, except to get the trophy. These units are very vulnerable to handguns at later missions. Try to get some decent cards from side battles like starvation, prevailing winds. The real key to win battles is to keep your forces concentrated and let the enemy to come to you, preferably piece meal. If there are occassional troubles with enemy archers try to handle those swiftly, either with cavalry or archers. Also, target enemy units with no shields as a high priority targets. When they rout, you can turn your eye to other units and you can make flank attacks more easily as there are less enemy units around blocking your path.

If you need to attack, don't make a frontal assault. Try to attack using one single group, with heavy infantry leading the way and archers covering them, or even having archers leading the way. If enemy counterattacks, be prepared to withdraw your archers behind your infantry. Always try to roll enemy lines using flank attacks if possible.

Finally, I didn't find cavalry as effective as it should have been, to me it lacks charging effect completely. You can see those horse shoes but there are no actual kills as decribed on help texts? Or perhaps I missed those.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I gave this a 4 as the English campaign is easy to do, relay a few of the side missions to get your archers up and they are evil, longbows have best range with a couple of upgrades they will pwn enemy forces. Upgrading your General to use more battle cards helps for both sides ofc. The annoyance is the French campaign, there are less missions but they route when the enemy farts it seems. Not a bad game overall, this should be classed as a good console RTS

• 1 month later...