High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition

You can greatly increase your chance of getting one by playing 5-Card Triple Draw. I'm surprised more people aren't playing that game. I came within 1 card of it 5 times this weekend (3 of which were with 1 or more draws remaining).

If anyone wants to play private games of 5-Card Triple Draw to work on getting a RF without dealing with idiots that go all in every other hand... add ER777 on psn.

You can greatly increase your chance of getting one by playing 5-Card Triple Draw. I'm surprised more people aren't playing that game. I came within 1 card of it 5 times this weekend (3 of which were with 1 or more draws remaining).

If anyone wants to play private games of 5-Card Triple Draw to work on getting a RF without dealing with idiots that go all in every other hand... add ER777 on psn.

Yup, you can exchange cards, that's helpful, but nobody is playing it. Most people are playing Texas Hold'em. I was able to find some Super Hold'em game this week-end, better than Texas since you have one more card. But Texas Hold'em IS THE POKER GAME!

And I agree, I like playing like it's my own money, people going all-in constantly is pretty annoying.

Edited by StereoMike

What kind of a game mode is 5-card triple draw and how does it help with getting a RF? And you're sure getting one in that mode gets you the trophy?

Don't have the game yet but I'm thinking about buying it.

What kind of a game mode is 5-card triple draw and how does it help with getting a RF? And you're sure getting one in that mode gets you the trophy?

Don't have the game yet but I'm thinking about buying it.

you can exchange cards

You can get trophies in any online poker game.

I've been playing High stakes since it was released and I've never seen a Royal Flush while playing :(

This.

I've never gotten one (whether we're talking about playing this game, other console poker games, or online poker); and if I've even ever seen someone else get one escapes me. Maybe once or twice in about 9 years.

Whoever thought this would make for a good trophy is an idiot.

Although ER777's suggestion does sound promising.

Edited by NEOPARADIGM

• 2 weeks later...

ive had this game a year and never got better than 4 of a kind. got the trophy patch and on my 1st hand 4 of a kind. 2nd hand a straight flush. was cheering but never had a royal flush on this poker game. doubt il ever get it. i play super hold em as i get better odds and with 1-4 people only so theres less chance of others having what i need

Edited by Kildot

• 3 weeks later...
The odds are: 30,939:1

I know I can get this trophy...

I love poker so I will play until I get it...

the odds of a royal flush are far, far worse than that.

Probability Of Completing A Particular Hand In Texas Hold'em

Royal Flush 4 hands in 2,598,960 or 0.000154% (roughly 1 in 650k hands)

Straight Flush 36 hands in 2,598,960 or 0.00139%

Four of a Kind 624 hands in 2,598,960 or 0.0240%

Full House 3744 hands in 2,598,960 or 0.144%

Flush 5108 hands in 2,598,960 or 0.197%

Straight 10,200 hands in 2,598,960 or 0.392%

Three of a Kind 54912 hands in 2,598,960 or 2.11%

Two Pair 123,552 hands in 2,598,960 or 4.75%

Pair 1,098,240 hands in 2,598,960 or 42.26%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Was waiting to get into a game the other night, and watched the community cards draw a Straight Flush. Unreal, and annoying, since I was waiting to play, I missed out on that trophy. Since then, I've been holding out hope for a Royal Flush on the draw, like it would ever come, but then again I've never seen a straight flush on the draw either.

• 2 weeks later...