High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition

High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition - Trophy Guide and Road Map

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad71/SigniDCaben19/hsvs_keyart_finalcopy.jpg

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 10/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)

-Offline (breakdown): 3 (1 (B) 2 (S))

-Online (breakdown): 11 (7 (B) 3 (S) 1 (G))

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 5-8+ Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 Seasons + Online Play

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheats

Roadmap:

It's the game everyone loves to play, POKER! High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition is a pretty fun little poker game for the PS3 that includes online play. The bulk of the trophies aren't that hard to get with a little work, but the ones that require specific hands in online play are completely random and based solely on luck, so they can take a while to obtain for obvious reasons. The other online ones can be boosted with a partner if needed.

Walkthrough

Step 1: Play offline seasons through all 3 difficulty levels

- Play through the offline seasons in each difficultly level to their completion. See "Complete offline Amateur Season" for more information about each and how to make them easier to obtain.

Step 2: Play online for all online Sit and Go trophies

- Head online and start playing in different Sit and Go games. If you are having problems finding games or winning them normally, check the Trophy Boosting Thread for a partner. See "Win 10 online Sit and Go Tournaments " for more information on how to boost these ones easily.

Step 3: Clean up remaining online trophies

- Just keep playing normally in whatever game you prefer and work towards getting the specific hand trophies. There is no way to really work around this other than possibly setting up a private game with someone else playing $1/2 Double Flop Hold'Em (Or 5 Card Triple Draw) and just have each person call the blinds, then check to the river so everyone gets the most chances to hit something.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator 27/10/2017.

Offline Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Complete offline Amateur Season (B)

Complete offline Amateur Season to unlock this Bronze Trophy.

You must play through satellite tournaments and finish in the top 10% (usually top 5) in order to advance to one of the main tournaments or you can buy directly into them if you have enough money. After playing through all 7 main tournaments, you must be in the top 6 money earners in order to advance to a 6-person Championship Tournament for that difficulty level. Finish in first place in that tournament and the trophy is yours.

Easiest way to do this is to make sure you win 2 of the regular tournaments and then play through the rest, going all-in for each hand until you are eliminated (since you have to play in each tournament).

See "Complete offline Championship Season" for more information on to make winning the tournaments easier.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/02.jpg Complete offline Pro Season (S)

Complete offline Pro Season to unlock this Silver Trophy.

Same as Amateur season, only it consists of 10 regular season tournaments.

See "Complete offline Championship Season" for more information on to make winning the tournaments easier.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/02.jpg Complete offline Championship Season (S)

Complete offline Championship Season to unlock this Silver Trophy.

The Championship season consists of one 6-player tournament of "pros". Win it and the trophy is yours!

Tip (Thanks to Memphis88 for this): When playing, save your game before each larger hand and move all-in. If you get called and are defeated in the hand, than just quit back to the main menu (DO NOT SAVE) and reload that save game. You will start back in the tournament at that spot with the same hand and can try again as the hole cards (2 cards you're dealt) will stay the same, but the flop will change each time. You can choose to keep retrying the hand in order to win (whoever called you the first time will 99% of the time call again) or fold and move to the next one if decide. This works exceptionally well on the final table & 6-person championship matches as you're all-ins are called a lot more frequently.

Online Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Get a Straight (B)

Get a Straight to unlock this Bronze Trophy. Online play only.

See "Get a Royal Flush"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Get a Flush (B)

Get a Flush to unlock this Bronze Trophy. Online play only.

See "Get a Royal Flush"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Get a Full House (B)

Get a Full House to unlock this Bronze Trophy. Online play only.

See "Get a Royal Flush"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/02.jpg Get a Four of a kind (S)

Get a Four of a kind to unlock this Silver Trophy. Online play only.

See "Get a Royal Flush"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/02.jpg Get a Straight Flush (S)

Get a Straight Flush to unlock this Silver Trophy. Online play only.

See "Get a Royal Flush"

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/476/03.jpg Get a Royal Flush (G)

Rarest and most valuable hand in Poker. Get a Royal Flush to unlock this Gold Trophy. Online play only.

Play a hand all the way to the showdown and have a Royal Flush (or the hand listed in the trophy you are going after) in the end. You must be online to obtain this trophy!!! If you are newer to poker and need information about the different type of hands, check out this link for hand descriptions: Poker Hand Rankings

There is no easy way to get any of these trophies as in the end, they are based purely on luck. One way that might make things easier is to boost with other people. Have one of you host a game and set a password so you won't have any unwanted guests join and select $1/2 blinds. After that just call the blinds and check it through the river to the showdown. This way everyone gets a chance to hit their hands without getting betted out early and you don't really have to worry about money since the blinds are so low! Playing Double Flop Hold'Em helps increase your chances with the easier ones.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Win 1 online Sit and Go Tournament (B)

Win 1 online Sit and Go Tournament to unlock this Bronze Trophy.

See "Win 10 online Sit and Go Tournaments"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Win an online Sit and Go Tournament of Double Flop Hold em (B)

Win an online Sit and Go Tournament of Double Flop Hold em to unlock this Bronze Trophy (add-on 3 required).

REQUIRES DLC ADD-ON!!!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Win an online Sit and Go Tournament of 2 to 7 Triple Draw (B)

Win an online Sit and Go Tournament of 2 to 7 Triple Draw to unlock this Bronze Trophy (add-on 3 required).

REQUIRES DLC ADD-ON!!!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/01.jpg Win an online Sit and Go Tournament of 5 Card Triple Draw (B)

Win an online Sit and Go Tournament of 5 Card Triple Draw to unlock this Bronze Trophy (add-on 3 required).

REQUIRES DLC ADD-ON!!!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/476/02.jpg Win 10 online Sit and Go Tournaments (S)

Win 10 online Sit and Go Tournaments to unlock this Silver Trophy.

Win 10 online Sit and Go tournaments. Can be combined with all the different game variations.

Easiest way to do this is to boost with someone else. Have one of you host a Sit and Go game and set a password so you won't have any unwanted guests join. Next, make settings as 5 Card Triple Draw (unless going after the other game type SNG trophies), No-Limit, Buy-In $20+2, & # of player 2. Have both players go all-in and let each other know through in-game chat/messenger/whatever what you each have, have one player discard accordingly until the person you want to win has the best hand, then just pass on discarding til the end.

Alternative method is to set up the game exactly as above, but choose Hold'Em as the game type. When you start the first hand, have Player 1 (person that is going to lose) bet everything except for $20, have Player 2 move all-in, then have Player 1 fold. After that, just keep going all-in each hand until Player 2 wins.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator 27/10/2017.

just incase anyone is wondering, (to help get offline trophies faster, and place higher easier) you CAN save before any hand, to try and move all in and knock someone out, if you lose, just quit to main menu really fast, and load the game, and then choose yes when it asks you if you want to go into the current game, you will pick up with the hand u left off on, and the computer opponents will have the same starting hand as before as well. AND if you saved before the flop, all the community cards will be different. pretty easy way to knock people out actually once you make the final table of a tournament.;)

You can greatly increase the odds of a royal flush by playing 5-Card Triple Draw. Especially if you have a group of people in a private room working together. Keep in mind that in 5CTD you can see up to 20 cards per hand cards can get recycled because the total number dealt can be way more than 52 cards. If you had 6 people working together it could go pretty quickly.

I couldn't imagine boosting the Royal Flush trophy. Not only would it be insanely boring, would you really stick around and help your partner after you got it? What if you got it after 10 hands? You gonna stick around and play it over and over for the next few months to help your partner? Yeaaaah right.

I didn't say you had to boost it, I said it might make it easier since you could make it so you'd always see the hand all the way to the showdown. I also said it's easiest for the lower requirement hands in the roadmap. There is no real way to boost a royal or straight flush or any of those, but if you are able to play every hand to the end, the chances are better than having to fold most of the time. Boring as hell, yes, but some people will do it thus is the reason it's noted.

I think you should actually explain what the hands are and what they each require, thats instead of just saying see 'Get a royal flush'. Maybe not everyone who bought this understands poker fully. Just a tip :)

You know, originally I had them in there and then took it out thinking it was common knowledge, but after playing some of the people online and after answering a question or two, I'm starting to agree with you, so will be adding that or a link with a how-to-play site w/ hand rankings/descriptions here in the morning...

You know, originally I had them in there and then took it out thinking it was common knowledge, but after playing some of the people online and after answering a question or two, I'm starting to agree with you, so will be adding that or a link with a how-to-play site w/ hand rankings/descriptions here in the morning...

lol kl. Nice one for adding it & it's a nice guide you have here :)

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question, how do you save in offline play while in a tournament ?? the save option isnt highlighted for me ??

After the cards are dealt, pause the game before you do anything with a hand (bet/raise/fold) and select Save Game. Save it and return to the hand to play. If you lose on the hand, just reload that save and everyone's hole cards will remain the same, but the flop will come out different each time.

After the cards are dealt, pause the game before you do anything with a hand (bet/raise/fold) and select Save Game. Save it and return to the hand to play. If you lose on the hand, just reload that save and everyone's hole cards will remain the same, but the flop will come out different each time.

Thanks bud,sorted it now,it was because of a old save since the patch so i had to start all over again.

• 2 weeks later...
I just won a 2 man sit n go tourney with double flop, and no trophy popped. Thought I'd share.

Was it an online game? If it was, do you have all the DLC updates installed (particularly add-on 3)? If yes to both, than did you have the game prior to the DLC being released and were playing off an old game save? If you were than try starting a new game with a new save and use that one to play SNGs and see if it makes a difference.

Outside of those things, I don't know what to say because I know it works fine in every game I've helped to boost with people after the first win (in all the different types as well), so I know it's not glitched.

Is this game working for anyone online? I just get a message saying 'There was a problem while connecting to the stats server. Please try again later.'

Just tested it now and everything is working fine for me. Might've been an issue earlier only, but seems to be up now. Not sure if you're still getting that error or not.

• 7 months later...
After the cards are dealt, pause the game before you do anything with a hand (bet/raise/fold) and select Save Game. Save it and return to the hand to play.

I did that my self and it didn't work. It said that I couldn't save the game. That was annoying! But it was just a connection problem and it work fine afterwards, but the game was lost. Other than that the game is fine, I just wish there would be more pro poker babes you could battle against. That would be awsome...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't get it...

*Loaded the game

*Hitted Play Poker

*Picked a player

*Hitted Career

*Hitted Continue with the Amateur Season (the other option says Start from the beginning)

* Continue

I get 3 options: Play the Satellite (1080 buy in)

Play the Super Satellite (109 buy in)

Play the Tournament Finale (1080 buy in)

I finished in 1st place in all of them and there is no change and no trophy, played the last one twice and finished in 1st place, then nothing...guide says i have to win 7 tournaments but i can't find the other four, where are they???

Right after finish the tournament i only get two options...continue with the Amateur Season or Start from the beginning.

Please help...

Edited by Drawohkan

• 8 months later...
Easiest way to do this is to make sure you win 2 of the regular tournaments and then play through the rest, going all-in for each hand until you are eliminated (since you have to play in each tournament).

This is under the amateur season, does it apply to the Pro season too?

You only need to win 2 regulars, and play through the remaining 8 tournys?

Edit: I'll reply to myself :p

It turns out you only have to win to regulars in the Pro Season too. No problem to get a top 5 spot with two wins.

Edited by Oo Ion oO