Butcher's Bird

sthenurus

• 2 years later...
As anyone been able to get through this one on Ace?

This is the last mission i need on ace, did it on pilot but cant do it now. If anyone got tip, i would gladly take em.

One more thing : F**** you ubisoft

This one took me four hours last night. I tried several planes finally did it with the Black Widow. I cannot manage to charge ace kills for anything. It takes way too long but I managed to beat this level regardless.

Anyway, I'd say beat the first section where you protect the B-17s without losing more than three bombers and make sure you have a lot of health, preferably more than half. At the next part shoot at the German B-17 so you can target them, then charge the Ace Kill meter. You ahould, be able to take out the four engines in one go. If you can't, take out the rear gunner first. Repeat with the second B-17.

Don't bother staying in formation after this part. Start flying to the damaged B-17s that are returning home. When the Me's arrive take them out then start heading back to the air wing. Doing this will prevent you from having to go as far each time you reload the checkpoint.

I wasn't able to get a single Ace Kill at the next part. I made sure to change directions a lot and attack another plane even if I hadn't shot down the previous target. Try to stay close to the bombers. If you get out in front there's a large group of enemies. I would try to go for planes that were already on fire. Finish them the retreat. This still took me a long time mostly because planes would keep flying in to me randomly. Yes I crashed myself, but the amount of random deaths way exceeded my own. Obviously if you fail the bonus objective reload.

For the Ace battle I used warspeed a lot and tried to stay behind him. When he flies off you know he's going to do a 180 and come back firing so get out of the way. Keep this up until you're able to charge the meter for an Ace Kill.

Oh yeah, using a newish controller definitely helps line up Ace Kills after you've charged the meter.

Edited by Vapor_N4