The Black Heart mission walk-through by Ford Grunt

fordgrunt

Did you find this Walk-through useful?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find this Walk-through useful?

• Yes extremely
    • Somewhat
    • None or little

The Black Heart walk-through by Ford Grunt. Completed on Ace.

To demonstrate my creditability - I have completed all missions on Ace and have all HoE PS3 trophies. I have also replayed the mission using the below tactics and it works :) Also at time of writing I am 9th in world in mutiplayer kill stats :cool:

The best plane for this mission by far is the Tempest FB Mk.2. Reason are because it is quick, very agile, packs 4 x 20mm cannon and 8 x rockets – exactly what you need for this mission.

The key to this mission is keep moving fast and make every pass count. By moving fast you don’t need to rely on you armour to defend you as much and you can climb/dive for speed kills.

The mission starts you are to defend the British bombers “the Lancs” from the incoming night fighters. The He 219 are heavy night fighters which fly under the bombers and take them out with heavy cannon which chew up the bombers in no time.

Your aim here is to concentrate on taking out the He 219 as soon as possible. You want a combination of fast slashing moves and speed attacks. At the start of mission first gain altitude and when the planes come in target on the He 219s in front but left of screen they are flying in formation so dive but diving so you are following them in – now speed attack and use you rockets when close and you should take at least one out and shoot up/kill another. Best things is to use the Tempest’s speed and agility to climb/dive/speed attack the He 219 and before climbing look for any opportunity kills and use slashing tactics ie. come in fast and use rockets right when you just about on them and overfly them - as you are much faster and more agile than the He 219 or FW 190s. Repeat theses tactics maintaining speed and roll to also keep others off you – not many planes will turn after you as they are mainly interested in the bombers.

The He 219s are also very easy to hit with rockets as they are a big plane and are slow and remember they don’t have tail guns so you can come in close with cannon and rockets.

The next checkpoint is the first flak tower, so as soon as you have finished defending the bombers immediately dive to ground level – this way you won’t get hit by any flak. Attack the flak towers by coming in fast and low using slash tactics again – aim at the base of the search lights and attack with rockets and cannon overfly they repeat leaving the radar to last.

Next you need to take out the armoured staff car. For this you have the perfect plane because you need speed, agility and rockets to take him out in time before he reaches the airport. The best way to take him out is to line him up on the straights and fly in fast with rockets and cannon then overfly turn and return for more. You should keep low otherwise the flak will start and you should fly in fast as there are plenty of planes that will get on your tail (six) if you attack too slow.

Once you have taken him out you need to take out a further 2 flak towers – use the same tactics as I mentioned above on the first – keep moving fast and turning with keep other planes off your six while you attack.

Next you need to attack the airport, so before the checkpoint starts immediately gain some altitude. The best tactics is to try to take out as many planes on the ground as possible before they taxi and take off as they will attack you if they get airborne. You are best to take out the hangers first as a lot of planes will come out of them if you leave them, so dive aim for one of the 3 hangers in the middle, use cannon and about 3 rockets should take one out – you should be able to take out at least two on the first pass – gain altitude, turn and then take out the rest there are 5 in total.

Next aim on any planes that are trying to take off use cannon and rockets to take them out then turn and take out any that are starting to taxi to the runway or any parked planes, keeping a look out for any planes that make it to the runway.

Any remaining airborne planes can be easily taken down by gaining a little altitude and using speed attacks.

Next you need to take down an Ace and his 2 wingman. Remember you need to Ace Kill the Ace to get the bonus.

The easiest way by far to complete this is to first before the checkpoint gain altitude – then dive and speed attack the Ace using also rockets as he also tends to fly straight up giving you a small window of opportunity to hit him with rockets.

Next pick a wingman and stick on their tail and keep you finger off the trigger and build up for an Ace Kill their planes are slower so use the Tempest’s speed to keep up and slow as required to build up the meter – then Ace Kill and then do the same to the other wingman. This will just leave you will the Ace, you want to do this as the wingman in this mission are particular deadly so the quicker you take them out the better.

This leaves you with the Ace in his Me 262 – I usually like to shoot him up so he starts to smoke that way he isn’t quite as courageous to attack you and you can track him easier. Next you need to Ace Kill him so you can get the Bonus Objective, so best thing to do is to use the Tempest’s speed to keep more or less up with him and look for him to turn , you need to get close and try to follow him through his turn to try to build up the Ace Kill meter it may take a number of attempts but with some patience you should be able to Ace Kill him – the key is to keep close to him so he can’t shoot you and so you can build up the Ace Kill meter.

After you have taken out the Ace the mission is completed.

Good luck! Any questions just ask.

FG

• 2 months later...

I think i've found a easy way to finish the last part, whitout much flying around chasing the ace. So at the beginning of the checkpoint the ace and wingmen come flying strait at you, but there might be some other nazi planes around, if there is one target im and build your ace meter until it's red, then quickly target the ace, if done right even if he shots you the meter will stil climb enough to do a ace shot on im, then if you are quick enough you can use the rest of the ace energy on the wingmen since they will come at you all together. Note that for this to work you will need some enemy planes near you not far of the trajectory of the targets, and you will have to be quick, also remenber you must press x button during ace kill animation to give the time needed to do all the targets (or at least 2) in one passage, the plane i used was the tempest. Still if you at least get the ace from the beginning it will be alot easier...Hope this helps because these last missions on ace dificulty are very extremely dificult, great game:applause:

Edited by Madmouse_one

• 1 year later...
I think i've found a easy way to finish the last part, whitout much flying around chasing the ace. So at the beginning of the checkpoint the ace and wingmen come flying strait at you, but there might be some other nazi planes around, if there is one target im and build your ace meter until it's red, then quickly target the ace, if done right even if he shots you the meter will stil climb enough to do a ace shot on im, then if you are quick enough you can use the rest of the ace energy on the wingmen since they will come at you all together. Note that for this to work you will need some enemy planes near you not far of the trajectory of the targets, and you will have to be quick, also remenber you must press x button during ace kill animation to give the time needed to do all the targets (or at least 2) in one passage, the plane i used was the tempest. Still if you at least get the ace from the beginning it will be alot easier...Hope this helps because these last missions on ace dificulty are very extremely dificult, great game:applause:

OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! I got it!! Yes!!

Dude, your tip worked!!

What i did was veered right when i'd restart checkpoint and immediately go for the ace and throttle completely down. Then i'd keep tapping L1 like a madman when the bar was getting close to the red. It took me about 15 tries each time to get the ace mode going, then another 3 or 5 to kill him. But then I just cleaned up the wingmen and I got it!!!

Edited by rvdizecw420

• 1 year later...

I pretty much followed all of this walkthrough here. However, SILENTKILL2009 had a really good tip for the airport part which I borrowed as well.

A tip for this mission. You come to a part of the mission where you have to destroy the aa installations of 2 flak towers by an airport. Destroy everything on one, but for the other one, destroy almost everythng on it, but leave 1 target intact on it. Then, rush over to the airport and bomb some of the planes on the ground and bomb the hangers. These are primary targets after you destroy the aa installations on the 2 flak towers. You can't destroy the hangers, but you can weaken them, and you can destroy the aircraft. Keep doing this until you have 30 or 20 seconds left on the timer, then rush over to the last flak tower and take out the last target on it you left intact. This will make the part after the flak towers alot easier.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/246802-352-squadron-campaign-on-ace-difficulty-tips-Forums

I changed methods on the Ace battle a few times. I wasn't in a good position for the final checkpoint. So kinda had to improvise. Several times I'd fly past the Ace and his wingmen and then follow one of the wingmen to build a chain. It takes a lot of patience because you can get shot down very easily trying to lock on so long. The one time I finally managed to do it I screwed up going for the Ace. If you can do this it's probably one of the better methods.

You can also try and go for the Ace first. I was able to do this a few times, but ended up getting shot down anyway by the non mission targets.

The way I finally beat it was shoot down one wingman, crashed into the other (unintentionally) and then Ace killed the Ace lol. It was total luck because after the crash I only had 2 health bars left and barely had to chase the ace.

Edited by Vapor_N4