Eye of the Storm mission walk-through by Ford Grunt

fordgrunt

Did you find this Walk-through useful?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find this Walk-through useful?

• Yes extremely
    • Somewhat
    • None or little

Eye of the Storm walk-through by Ford Grunt. Completed on Ace.

To demonstrate my creditability - I have completed all missions on Ace and have all HoE PS3 trophies. I have also replayed the mission using the below tactics and it works :) Also at time of writing placed 9th in world in kill stats :cool:

Plane selection is important to complete on ace - I recommend the P47D.

This aircraft is a good choice for this mission because it has the deadly 50 cal's x 8 which are in my opinion the best for speed attack from height as they don’t overheat as well as that it has 8 x rockets will make the ground attack easy and attacking the ME-110s from above.

Further the P47 AKA Jug is a good armoured plane which is also important as you will need as much armour at the end of the mission to face off with the Ace.

After plane selection the next most important is to keep that Jug free of as many bullet wounds as possible. I suggest you need more than 1/2 of your armour left at the end of the mission, instead I recommend 3/4 if you are going to shoot down all attacking planes on the two bombers as well as take out the Ace.

First part is to defend bombers from the advancing squads in my opinion you need to keep bomber strength above 3/4. First thing to do as mission starts is get altitude so when the waves of fighters come in you can speed dive them. As they advance pick a squad to attack they are flying in a nice formation so by speed attacking from high above will give you plenty of time on the 50 cal’s to take out at least 3 planes. Then continue to climb, dive and speed attack this is effective two fold – first you take out planes easy and second by maintaining speed you are hard to hit therefore you keep plane preservation. The important thing is to try to make each pass count.

Next flak window – you are probably wondering how to maintain plane preservation in the flak window – seems near impossible right? Well I tried a tactic and it keep the plane flak free (bit of a cheat). What I did was simply circle above the bombers which also puts in good position for next phase. Use full lock left or right using overrun on engine the whole time (on and off so not to overheat engine) and shouldn’t get hit once.

Next fighters will come in to attack bombers again use speed attack constantly to take them out quickly – plane preservation is more important than bomber protection as you only need to keep a few flying. Next take out flak guns using rockets – don’t get distracted by incoming fighter squad first finish the flak gins quickly then fly behind a squad a try to take out two before they get to the bombers. Next use speed attack tactics again to finish them off.

Next is saving ground crew, again tactics remain the same plane preservation and speed attacks for the aircraft. Key is ground crew can take a lot of hits provided you keep the armoured cars and tanks off them using rockets and keep them moving not stationary, otherwise focus on taking out planes using speed attack and 50 cal’s and in addition rockets on ME 110. Order of attack should be ground attackers first, ME 110s second then other fighters. If you keep speed up and most importantly height it should be easy to keep the plane from much damage as most planes fly low and not many break off to attack you.

Last part the Ace, wingman and other FW 190s attacking the bombers – you should hopefully have around 3/4 armour left – it is important to have plenty of armour as you will need it.

I noted best thing to do is to ignore the Ace and wingman at the start as you need to reduce the number of incoming planes that are coming in to take out the bombers.

However, you need to try to keep the Ace from getting altitude on you because unlike other Ace’s he will speed attack you and shred your plane – this is how you will most likely be taken out by him. To prevent this you need to maintain speed and keep climbing/diving then immediately climbing again (rather than flying straight after diving) so he doesn’t get above you. Also keep out his line of fire by using combinations of rolls/climbing/diving.

So first fly high ignoring the Ace and wingman and head slightly left over toward the advancing FW190s. Then speed attack a squad and if timed right it is possible to take out three out on dive and shoot up one, then turn then took out the one on fire.

Then use tactics of climb and speed attack on the other FW190s until they were all gone (I happened to be quick enough that most hadn't reached up to the bombers), ignoring the ace and wingman but did keep an eye on the ace and kept as much out of his line of fire as I could by using rolls/climbing/diving.

If you take out FW190s quick I noted that the wingman hadn't started attacking the bombers yet, but don’t give them a chance speed attack them both to leave the ace.

The ace is then easy as you can focus solely on him as he is not interested in taking out the bombers.

Once shot up he lost his confidence and will stop trying to go head to head or dive attack, instead he simply just flys around and so by sticking right on him with 50 cals and rockets when real close he will have nothing.

Finish him with about three speed attacks and it was all done with bombers with hardly a scratch other than the ones they came in with.

Good luck! Any questions just ask.

FG