Crash Commando: Heist ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

TigerLust

http://www.tigerlust.com/ps3/CrashCommando_roadmap.gif

If you have found this or any other threads that I maintain useful and are compelled to join this forum as a consequence, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: No difficulty poll. (I would estimate around 1/10 if you boost, otherwise 9.87/10)

+ Online: 2 (1(S) + 1 (B)) BIG BLUNT OBJECT and MULTIKILL MADNESS (All others can be online or offline)

+ Trophies: 10 (3(S) + 7(B)) [i STRONGLY suggest boosting all trophies online]

+ Approximate time: 3-10 hours (presuming you boost)

+ Minimum number of play-through's needed: 0 (trophies are not play-through related)

+ Missable trophies: None, just keep playing.

+ Does difficulty effect trophies: No.

+ Glitched: None.

+ Cheats: None.

Install

NOTE: The DLC is currently free for :psn+: members! Grab it while you still can...

If you have the game installed and try to install the Heist Map Pack, you may get an error. If this happens, you should delete the game, download and install the DLC first, then download and install the core game.

Controls

:ls: - Movement (inverses while you launch a rocket)

:rs: - Aim

:r1: - Fire Weapon

:r2: -

On Foot: Explosive (Drop a mine / Throw a Grenade / Drop Explosive and press again to Detonate)

In Vehicle: Turn; You do a tiny jump and switch directions. Not very useful, just use :ls:.

:l1: - Jump, Hold to trigger jetpack

:l2: - Voice Chat (toggle on/off)

:triangle: - Taunt :p

:cross: - Action (enter cave, enter/exit vehicle/turret/rocket)

:circle: - Reload

:square: - Sidearm (toggle between main weapon and sidearm)

:left: - After yellow power-up bar is full, selects Heal over time power-up

:up: - After yellow power-up bar is full, selects faster movement power-up

:right: - After yellow power-up bar is full, selects death spin power-up, HOLD :l1: while rotating :ls: to use the death spin.

:down: - Hold down to display scoreboard

:start: - Menu

:select: - Suicide

Step 1: Heist Mode

The new game type is heist, which is basically capture the flag, with money bags instead of flags. One team has to steal the cash bags and bring it back to their base's safe, while the other team has to prevent that.

Play a few rounds of heist till you accomplish both of these:

(B) ROBBER - Shoot 50 opponents carrying the cash bag.

(B) BREAD WINNER - Deposit 20 bags of cash in the safe.

Step 2: Five Player Boost

There are two trophies that you won't get in a normal match, and essentially requires five boosters (yourself and the four you will kill) in an online death-match. (Click here for the boosting thread.) Please refer to MULTIKILL MADNESS and SHOOT'EM UP for details.

Step 3: Two Player Boost

The rest of the trophies can be on any game type, and I suggest online death-match. At least half of the trophies are not going to happen normally. Even if you luck out on a few, there are some situations that simply will not happen even 0.001% of the time. I strongly suggest boosting most (or all) of them. (Click here for the boosting thread.)

Edited by TigerLust

http://www.tigerlust.com/ps3/CrashCommando_Guide.gif

Online Only & Combo Kills

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/14.jpg BIG BLUNT OBJECT (B)

Kill 100 human opponents by running over them using a vehicle. You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

First of all, pay attention to the fact that bots won't work for this, it must be against human players. This must be done online (as the game sadly doesn't have local co-op).

This is pretty easy, just get in a tank or buggy and drive. The Base is a nice small map with two buggies and a tank to choose from. If an opponent jumps over you, back up to make him go splat! :D This will add up quickly, and is cumulative over multiple games/maps, so just keep at it till this pops.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/009.jpg MULTIKILL MADNESS (S)

Score a multikill combo (X4) against human players using the explosives, the primary weapon and the death spin in the same combo! You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

First of all, pay attention to the fact that bots won't work for this, it must be against four (or more) human players. That also means it can only be obtained online. (Click here for the boosting thread)

You don't have much time between kills, so make sure you are comfortable with firing your primary weapon, any explosives and the death spin before attempting this. This will nearly never happen in a normal game, as the other players would kill each other too. Even when you get a high combo, it is often not from using each of these once. Some people have a hard time getting this even with boosting partners, but simply be calm for the five seconds it takes to combo, and you'll be fine.

I strongly suggest you boost this in a five player death match session with four other HUMAN players (no bots). Obviously you need to choose the explosives before you spawn (I suggest grenades), and pick a real weapon - a machine gun or if your aim is solid a rocket launcher (basically anything other than the CAB healing ray will work fine).

Before you can death spin, you need to first build up your special by killing enemies till the icons on the bottom of the screen glow, then hit :right: to select the fire circle on the right.

The 4X multikill must be at least 1 explosive kill, 1 primary weapon kill, 1 death spin kill, and the fourth kill can be anything you want (from a second kill using the aforementioned choices, or even a quick kill in a vehicle or stationary gun, etc). My personal preferred combo is written below.

Now have all four boosters stand in an orderly fashion, and make sure they understand what each person's role is over the five second madness. You want to have the booster closest to you jump, throw the grenades at the two boosters behind him (they should quickly run on top of the explosives so it will kill them when it detonates), then quickly death spin into the booster that jumped, and fire away with your primary weapon to kill the one or two remaining boosters that didn't die from the explosives.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/009.jpg SHOOT'EM UP (S)

Score a multikill combo (X4) while using the stationary gun. You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

For this you need to be on a map with a stationary gun. When you mount it, it will change the screen to another part of the map. You would obviously need four opponents within your shooting area to get this. As opponents will never stand there normally, especially not four in a row, you will have to boost this. (Click here for the boosting thread)

Play a round of death-match, have your four boosting partner(s) stand in the proper area, mount the stationary gun and gun them all down in rapid succession.

Easily gotten in the Tower level. If you spawn on the side with the turret just run/float to it and aim to the right. The other team spawns and runs right into your cross-hairs. Easy multikill. If you don't spawn on that side just switch teams. (Thanks to immikeulate for this paragraph)

You don't need all 4 kills to be from the stationary gun. You can get a X3 combo from regular kills, then quickly get 1 stationary gun kill for the X4 combo - you can also get the trophy this way. (Thatnks to Manifest-Density for this paragraph)

Heist Mode Only

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/14.jpg ROBBER (B)

Kill a total of 50 opponents while they are carrying cash in the Heist game mode. You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

This is simple enough, as there is a mass gun-fight back and forth near the cash bag. Each team will be killing the bag carrier and trying to bring the bag to their own base. Even if you are not good at this game, this is merely a matter of time.

One of the few trophies that would come naturally and does not require boosting. This is cumulative over multiple games/maps, so just keep at it till this pops.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/14.jpg BREAD WINNER (B)

Deposit a total of 20 bags of cash in the safe in the Heist game mode. You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

You need to be on the robber team to get this. If your teammate stole the bag and the enemy kills him, you can kill the enemy, grab the bag and haul it into the safe earning a point for yourself towards this. :devil:

One of the few trophies that would come naturally and does not require boosting. This is cumulative over multiple games/maps, so just keep at it till this pops.

Edited by TigerLust

Any Match

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/14.jpg PLASTIC PUNISH (B)

Destroy 50 vehicles detonating an attached C4 explosive. The vehicle has to be occupied by an enemy to be counted! You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

Before you spawn, obviously make sure you have C4 as your accessory. I suggest boosting this using buggies instead. The Base is a nice small map with two buggies (and a tank) to choose from.

This is cumulative over multiple games/maps, so just keep at it till this pops.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/14.jpg MR SWEEPER (B)

Destroy 20 enemy mines in the same round using the CAB primary weapon. You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

Obviously you need to choose the CAB as your weapon before you spawn. The CAB is a health beam, but it will also trigger mines and make them explode!

In a normal round, it will be tough to find 20 enemy mines (as not everyone chooses mines, and often the ones that do drop will make your teammates explode before you get them). I suggest having your boosting partner(s) spawn with mines and drop them in front of you, one mine at a time. When they are out of mines, kill them to get a refill. :devil:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/14.jpg UNSUNG HERO (B)

Restore a total of 3000 health points by using the CAB on hurt team mates. You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

Obviously you need to choose the CAB as your weapon before you spawn. The CAB is a health beam, and you should focus this on your teammates that are under fire. One of the quickest ways to do this in a real match, is to focus the CAB on the person carrying the Cash Bag in Heist. ;)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/14.jpg TANK SPANKER (B)

Destroy 20 tanks while driving a rail buggy. The tank has to be occupied by an enemy to be counted! You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.

The buggy is very weak compared to the tank, so it would take a lot of time to luck out in a standard match. I suggest doing this with a boosting partner. Shoot up the tank with your standard weapons till is is nearly done (three shots from a rocket launcher and a few shots from a pistol is a good method), then jump in the buggy and shoot for the final kill. Repeat 20 times.

This is cumulative over multiple games/maps, so just keep at it till this pops.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/009.jpg MASTER SPINNER (S)

Destroy 3 vehicles using the death spin without dying. Stay alive for 3 seconds after a successful vehicle kill for it to count. The vehicle also has to be occupied by an enemy!...

This is not going to happen in a real match, so get a boosting partner!

Before you can death spin, you need to first build up your special by killing enemies till the icons on the bottom of the screen glow, then hit :right: to reserve the death spin. The person going for the trophy should have the armor and full health (from health packs that spawn on the map).

The Volcano map is a good place to do this trophy. Drive the "A" area Buggy on the rails toward the right (not too far though). You'll see a place where a person can stand underneath the jeep and shoot it. Start out by placing the Buggy in this position. It takes 18 shots (which is exactly one full clip plus two single shots) from the pistol, to weaken the Buggy to the point that you can destroy it with a single deathspin.

Your boosting partner should not move the vehicle while you jump, otherwise you may go splat and have to start over again. Jump underneath the two tires, and when you are close enough, that's when you perform the death spin. To activate the death spin, HOLD :l1: and rotate the :ls:. You'll destroy the Buggy and will get hurt badly, but will survive if you have the armor and full health. Now grab some more armor packs and health packs before you go at the next vehicle.

(Thanks to blazenarutoshippuden for some of this information)

You don't need to do a death spin 3 times in a row without dying. You simply need to do it 3 times without dying. It can be across 3 separate games. (Thanks to Miguel_Zorro for this paragraph)

Closing Notes

Thanks to blazenarutoshippuden for some of the information on MASTER SPINNER. Thanks to immikeulate for some tips on SHOOT'EM UP.

Trophy Guide and Road Map is now complete! Open to suggestions, feedback, comments, etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%

These road maps and/or trophy guides remains the property of the author. Ps3trophies.org is licensed to display this once here in the forum and one copy on the "front end" of the site under the guide tab. This license does not allow any additional copies to be posted on this site, nor in any other form (physical, electronic, or other). This may not be duplicated in any fashion without the expressed permission of the author.

Edited by TigerLust

pfft! You should play games before you write the guides, not just DL it, hehe :p

I sometimes look at the list of games that need guides, and this wasn't on the list till around a week ago! I also recently wrote a guide for PixelJunk Eden after two years, for the same reason... :whistle:

Edited by TigerLust

trophies should take 30-50+ hours if you're boosting this.

you have 3-50

EDIT: I reconsidered this and think 15-30 hours would be more accurate for boosting time. When you finish the DLC, please let me know how long it took you, and I will adjust the numbers as appropriate.

what map, what gun, do we use to do MASTER SPINNER etc?

Sorry, no PS3 right now, so I can't look at map names. There are some maps with a buggy, that has rail with a slope (or simply, spots that you can stand underneath without getting crushed) - and any of those will work fine.

You can use ANY gun, so long as you bring it down low in health before you do the death spin. A good method is using the primary weapon to get it down to under 1/4 health, then a few shots from the pistol till you're not sure if another shot will make it explode, then a death spin.

Edited by TigerLust

Little tip. The SHOOT'EM UP trophy (Score a multikill combo (X4) while using the stationary gun. You need the Heist Map Pack to unlock it.) is easily gotten in the Tower level. If you spawn on the side with the turret just run/float to it and aim to the right. The other team spawns and runs right into your cross-hairs. Easy multikill. If you don't spawn on that side just switch teams.

EDIT: I reconsidered this and think 15-30 hours would be more accurate for boosting time. When you finish the DLC, please let me know how long it took you, and I will adjust the numbers as appropriate.

Sorry, no PS3 right now, so I can't look at map names. There are some maps with a buggy, that has rail with a slope (or simply, spots that you can stand underneath without getting crushed) - and any of those will work fine.

You can use ANY gun, so long as you bring it down low in health before you do the death spin. A good method is using the primary weapon to get it down to under 1/4 health, then a few shots from the pistol till you're not sure if another shot will make it explode, then a death spin.

I message you an easy way to do the master spinner. boosting friends just taught me the way.

this is a FUN game - ty for the guide ^_^

My pleasure, enjoy!

Can these trophies been done with bots? Obviously some are going to have to be boosted but the 100 kills trophy can be done with bots, right?

Actually, the 100 kills trophy specifically says Kill 100 human opponents.

Most of the trophies can be done with bots, it will just take a lot longer that way.

MASTER SPINNER

Destroy 3 vehicles using the death spin without dying. Stay alive for 3 seconds after a successful vehicle kill for it to count. The vehicle also has to be occupied by an enemy!...

Note: I got this trophy at 2 kills don't know why though.

The easy way to do this is to drive the jeep on a rail not a slope. The Volcano map is a good place to do this trophy on too. Drive the A area Jeep on the rails toward the right not to far though. You'll be at a place were a person can stand underneath the jeep and shot it. It takes one full clip from the pistol and two more extra shots to weaken the jeep in order to kill it with a deathspin. The person going for the trophy should have the armor and full health from the health packs.

Start out by placing the jeep position then shot it 18 times with the pistol. When ready to before the deathspin on it, the person in the jeep should not move. Jump underneath the two tires but don't make direct contact with the jeep or this won't work. When you close enough in the middle of the two tires that's when you perform the deathspin. You'll destroy the jeep and will get hurt badly, by will survive if you have the armor and full health. Grab more armor and refill your health with the health packs. Rinse and Repeat until your trophy pops and switch with your boosting partner(s)

took 7 hours to boost but that is because we were making sure everyone gotten the trophies. so yes I agree it takes about 4-10 hours to boost if your not an asshole of a booster that won't return the favor. People I boosted with were all 100% awesome helpers to one another. :)

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Thanks blazenarutoshippuden, the guide was updated.

As for boosting times, firstly, the times are for the DLC only, not the base game. I think it also has a lot to do with effective boosting. For a trophy like Master Spinner, if there is more than you and one other player, it is wasting time. There are only two trophies that requires 5-players, everything else can be done with 2 players. Some of the others might seem easier to do with more than two players, but that also means a lot more time spawning and running to your death when it's not your turn...

Edited by TigerLust