Stuck on Prologue - can't play with kids!

MarKISSuk

thought id go back to heavy rain the other day and replay it for the trophies, so i started from the very beginning with the prologue and i physically cannot complete it!

ive done everything, ive thought about everything, i showered, got dressed, i looked at the picture, the bird, i juggled, i did my work all the way up til the signature, i drank some juice, had some coffee, watched some tv, played some music, drove the little remote control car, looked at a book, looked out some windows, lay down in the garden, when grace and the kids get home i helped her with the shopping, i put out the plates perfectly, i kissed her and chatted with her.

ive exhausted EVERY possible thing i can do, every thought and every action, yet wen i go outside there's no prompt to play with the kids! nothing, no matter where im standing or where im looking! so i cant get the birthday party trophy and i cant complete the level!

please tell me someone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it. :confused:

might just have to restart the story if youve done everything there is. you did talk to her again after putting the plates out yeah? because im not sure but i think she asks you to go play with the kids, or you say it yourself. have you checked your thoughts also because im sure theres an option that says "play with kids"

might just have to restart the story if youve done everything there is. you did talk to her again after putting the plates out yeah? because im not sure but i think she asks you to go play with the kids, or you say it yourself. have you checked your thoughts also because im sure theres an option that says "play with kids"

thanks for the reply. ive restarted the story twice to no avail. every time ive spoken to my wife after setting the plates and ive done all the thoughts including 'i think ill go play with the kids'. there really does seem to be some kinda glitch because wen i first played thru the game i didnt do everything, as ur not supposed to have to! but now i do absolutely everything so that theres nothing else to do and i still dont get the prompt.

my next plan is to erase every scrap of heavy rain from my ps3 as i can. no game data or save data. the only evidence that it has ever been there will be the trophy list. so its almost as if im starting completely afresh. hopefully thatll work, we'll see..

• 3 years later...

I found this thread in a google search when I encountered the same problem in my second playthrough on a new save (greatest hits edition with latest patches). Since no one on the net has offered any kind of solution that I could find, I thought it would be worth a thread bump to post mine.

After interacting with everything in the house and yard to try to trigger the playing with kids activity, I ended up hitting the PS button and exiting to the XMB. That forced my PS3 to reboot. When I loaded up the game, the first thing I saw was Ethan standing in the dinning room with the "Play with Kids" thought floating above his head. I selected it, and was able to complete the activity and this portion of the prologue.

Unfortunately, after I completed the mall scene, I realized I hadn't checked to see if the dishes were set on the table when the game reloaded, and since I needed the Happy Birthday trophy, I quit out and started a new game in the same save slot. This time I didn't have any problem with the playing with kids, however, I didn't do the canoodling with the wifey bit this time as I had done the time that it glitched. (In my first playthrough I didn't know about the canoodling and didn't do it then either and was able to complete the prologue without it glitching. So I wonder if that had something to do with it. :think:)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...