What a AMAZING UNDERRATED GAME!!!! 10/10!!!

Balkrish999

So, I watched a entire you tube play through and this game's story is so amazing! With the twists, and characters!!!!

The Graphics are amazing, considering it was released in 2010!

and The story is simply amazing! Loved the story!!! :D

I played the TLOU and enjoyed that and loved it!

But am I the only one who found THIS story slightly more engaging and vivid and suspenseful.

The last of us, was a master piece in everything else.

Loved both games and story lines!

Edited by Balkrish999

Totally agree with you about the game being amazing, but... not sure where you got the idea that it's an underrated game. I think pretty much every site gave it a great score and basicly anyone I hear talking about it, loves it xD So...

Yeah, I suppose that my friends, tbh (COD/FIFA Type) and even on Amazon here in UK, there are not many reviews.

But yeah! Was a GREAT Story! and great Game! Some parts reminded me of the film SAW. :)

Have the makers of that game made any another similar games?/ or other similar type games?

Only regret was I wished I PLAYED it and bought it!

• 1 month later...

I agree its a 10/10 because of the multiple fall backs to get the endings and the perfect crime trophy. it can be a lot harder if you have the freezing issues too. youll be constantly reloading the game to save you file till it reappears. I had this issue on my first playthrough. but don't delete your file. keep resetting your ps3 instead.

Absolutely love the game!! I'm now done with my first play through, and went back to get some other trophies. Now to complete the remaining trophies I'm going to do a second play through. I'm so glad I bought this game :D

I am considering giving Beyond Two Souls a go also.

Beyond: Two Souls is definitely worth playing; it's one of my favorite games of all time. I have yet to play Heavy Rain, I can't wait to! :D

It's so amazing!! You'll love it :D I'm very keen to play Beyond!!

Well I just bought heavy rain and beyond two souls so I'm happy to hear both of them have been received positively :)

Enjoy them both :D

I figure if it's even half as good as Heavy Rain then it's going to be worth it.

I'm doing another play through right now to get Perfect Crime trophy and doing a few different options giving you just a little bit of a different fate is so interesting!! I'm seriously loving this game so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just ordered both heavy rain and beyond two souls, really looking forward to them both! Have been wanting to play them for a long time, pretty sure I gonna love them both.

That's what I did a few months ago. Loved Heavy Rain but absolutely hated Beyond: Two Souls. I hope you enjoy both though :)

That's what I did a few months ago. Loved Heavy Rain but absolutely hated Beyond: Two Souls. I hope you enjoy both though :)

Yeah I hope so too, gonna start with heavy rain, im 99% sure I will love that one. Oh how I wish it would arrive in the mail tomorrow, but Im lucky if I get it before the weekend. :p typical me: waits 5 years to order a game, then really needs it RIGHT AWAY after making my mind up to get it, went to the psn store first, and then I remembered it was disc version only (this has stopped me from bying it before). Oh well, its not like waiting for a episode from telltale games :p

Yeah I hope so too, gonna start with heavy rain, im 99% sure I will love that one. Oh how I wish it would arrive in the mail tomorrow, but Im lucky if I get it before the weekend. :p typical me: waits 5 years to order a game, then really needs it RIGHT AWAY after making my mind up to get it, went to the psn store first, and then I remembered it was disc version only (this has stopped me from bying it before). Oh well, its not like waiting for a episode from telltale games :p

Haha you are describing me too exactly :rofl: You will enjoy Heavy Rain though, it's REALLY good!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It is not underrated. Actually it is very overrated. Though the genre is a niche genre it is liked by many people even though it has clunky controls, very slow pacing and some questionable twists. I think it is good enough to be recommended and it has some good aspects for me but it still disappoints me and is definitely the worst of the three in my book.

Edited by Cetra

It is not underrated. Actually it is very overrated. Though the genre is a niche genre it is liked by many people even though it has clunky controls, very slow pacing and some questionable twists. I think it is good enough to be recommended and it has some good aspects for me but it still disappoints me and is definitely the worst of the three in my book.

For the most part, I agree with Certa on this. It was not a bad game, but not really a good game. There were points that I just wanted the game to be over, especially when attempting the endings..

• 1 month later...

Ding! Was intending on replying with exactly this before I saw yours. Heavy Rain is an amazing, amazing game - QD is an amazing game dev studio. Hell, I popped in this thread because I was on the board due to intending on starting it up again for the first time since 2010, and finishing up my Plat run this time (plus having probably forgotten much of the story in the intervening years.)

But for as great of a game as it undeniably was (and still is) critics and gamers alike slurped on every single one or zero bit the disc contained like it was manna from heaven. This game was and is worshiped -rightfully so- only, not as some cult classic/underground fave, but a beloved mainstream release. Heck, it's maybe one of the most popular/widely universally loved titles in recent memory. That's not to say it was a game with CoD like sales, but it was pretty big.

Also, from the OP -am I the only one... bemused by the "Man, really crazy good graphics for some ancient game like... whoa, way back in 2010?!?!?! Wtf, dinosaurs were still roaming free!" Especially since 2010 + HR = PS3/360, and PS3/360=Today, when game devs still continue dual releasing all major titles on 7th and 8th Gen consoles, even some almost two years later. Given such titles mean limiting oneself to the lowest rung on the ladder, forestalling exploiting PS4/XOne for all they're worth, HR is gonna be nearly as good as what we're seeing being released here today - in that far-flung future world of 2015.

Lastly, I didn't see mention of it (something I at least did with Beyond: Two Souls), but where be all the love for Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy? This, being Quantify Dream's first major release. In many ways, it's also my favorite: I enjoyed the style of play better than the QTE they utilized for HR and Beyond Two Souls, that's part of it. But I really fell in love with the story. The noirish supernatural thriller a more realistic and gritty supernatural story than Beyond: TS could ever dream of- all the while, being somewhat more "out there/Twilight Zone-ish" than Heavy Rain was (at least so far as I can recall -regarding both games- memories of which are today some ten and five years old, respectively.) Really, I suppose, it could be summed up as a blend of their later two titles, Heavy Rain and B:TS - the dark, brooding metropolis-based thriller-whodunnit-murder-mystery of HR, and exploring the bizarre unknowns of Beyond...

Only, I suppose... if the OP was.so shocked by how awesome looking an archaic dinosaur from the oldest of history books was in 2k10's Heavy Rain, being a PS3 title, Indigo Prophecy probably might as well not exist in their mind. I mean, my God the Almighty, it was a PS2 release!!!!!!1!one!!! That's, like, something those folks played on back during World War 2! I think I've even seen paintings (being before photography was invented, obviously. Duh.) of Hitler, FDR, Stalin and Churchill all DMing each other in Battlefield 1917: The Great War.

I only kid! Really, though, give Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit a shot. Hell, now that this makes me think of it, I believe I read where they'd be giving it a remastering/HD facelift only a little while back - a couple of months, tops. I'm certain the studio (regrettably not Quantic Dream who was handling this update, but an unaffiliated developer) was even doing so for mobile platforms, on both iOS and Android. So this Quantify Dream game, much more than any other, should be easy enough to get one's hands on just now, despite the assorted realities faced with seeking out any now-decade-old game (holy crap do I suddenly feel old) made for/on 6th Gen consoles.

Meh, I can understand what you are saying but IMO Beyond: Two Souls was by farrrrr the worst :/ A total snore fest.

I actually really enjoyed Heavy Rain.

• 1 month later...