Kamikaze trophy

DQ9

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not impossible, just hold the controller perfectly straight. Then after every QTE pause the game and look at the trophy guide for the next one, rinse and repeat.

When it comes to using sixaxis, flip the controller to the right or left until it's facing straight up. Don't be to gentle on these movements as chances are the game wont register them.

okay I'll try I hope It works

and about the flippin trust me I'm even fliping with the controller hoping it'll work..

I'll tell you if I get the trophy

Thanks Harry,DeMaisonneuve for your tips

Honestly I found the best way to get it to register was to do it at a medium smooth speed if I jerked it to fast it wouldn't recognize what I did and too slow you obviously run out of time. Just try to make your movements smooth when tilting and you should be good. Pausing inbetween each action also really helps to prepare for the next button sequence

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/321/18.jpg Kamikaze (B)

The Bear - Take the best route on the highway

This is a difficult trophy if you don't know the route and because little things can mess you up. Fortunately, FiftyQuid (all credit goes to him for putting this together) has compiled a list of EXACTLY what you need to do to. This has been tested by him and by me and is verified. As long as you follow this list, you'll be ok. You can pause the game after each selection to make sure you know what's coming next. Also, make sure that your controller is perfectly flat and not tilted at all. If it's tilted and not completely flat and facing your TV, then some of the tilt sections may not register (thanks to GorgeousDre for the tip).

Note: The list below is for this sequence on the hardest difficulty.

Replay Chapter: The Bear

• Left
  • Tilt right
  • Right
  • Left (Your car will get hit here. Don't worry about it.)
  • Tilt left
  • Tilt right
  • Tilt left/right repeatedly
    (This is the part where your car is fishtailing and you need to get it in a straight line again)
  • GPS will say "You still have 4 miles to go until you reach your destination"
  • Tilt left
  • Cut scene of some guy changing his tires
  • Tilt right
  • Left at the barrier
  • R2
  • Tilt right
  • Tilt left
  • Tilt right
  • Tilt left
  • GPS will say "You still have 3 miles until you reach your destination"
  • Quick cut scene of hubcap flying off a car
  • L2
  • Right
  • GPS will say "You still have 2 miles until you reach your destination"
  • Right
  • Tilt left
  • Cut scene of toll booths
  • Right
  • Cut scene of cop cars making a u-turn to chase you
  • Tilt left THEN Tilt right or Tilt right THEN Tilt left to avoid the police cars chasing you.
    (This one is causing a lot of people grief. It is tricky, but only because the QTE is being misunderstood. A lot of people say your controller must be absolutely flat. This is true. However, some people are saying they got it by going right, some swear they got it by going left. What these people don't realize is that they did both. The trick is to do BOTH. The QTEs displayed are not a choice. You don't choose one or the other, they are both there because you are supposed to choose BOTH. Basically you want to slowly 'wiggle' your car side to side. My recommendation? The camera will go to the in-car view, then the QTE events x2 will appear. SLOWLY tilt right, then left. The camera should cut to the outside and your car will swerve away from the police car without bumping fenders. If you get hit you need to start again. DO NOT get hit by the police car. If you do, the trophy will not pop).
  • R2
  • Tilt right
  • Left or Right (Barricade of police cars. It doesn't matter which direction you choose).
    Quick cut scene of a cop shooting out your tire. Be ready! The next set of QTEs come very quickly.
  • Everything past here is just a bonus. It is not necessary for the trophy.
  • L2
  • Tilt right
  • Tilt left
  • L2
  • Tilt left

I highly recommend using this guide to get Kamikaze. I just got it today using this guide after over 30 tries at it without the guide.

It's not impossible, just hold the controller perfectly straight. Then after every QTE pause the game and look at the trophy guide for the next one, rinse and repeat.

When it comes to using sixaxis, flip the controller to the right or left until it's facing straight up. Don't be to gentle on these movements as chances are the game wont register them.

This is great advice. I was having such a hard time with the "Tilt Right" sections until I decided to hold the rotation for an extra second to let it register. So instead of rotating it really quickly to the right then quickly bringing it back to straight, hold it vertical at the end of the rotation for an extra split second to let it register. I don't know why but the "Tilt Right" sections are a finicky bunch and often have a hard time registering.

I found that if you hold the controller with your first finger and thumb, right in between the two joysticks, when you tilt to the left or right it seems to register better.

I missed the damn hubcap......a hubcap. It put a major damper on my psyche and trophy hunting after reading this and realizing I only missed one and was so close on my first attempt.

You do not need to follow the guide by the letter as it might confuse you, especially what is counting towards this trophy are the (choices) you make (left or right) and for the rest only follow the QTE on screen and success. If you having troubles with the trophy I suggest using the easiest difficulty because, well it have less moves :) however, no matter on what difficulty you play what really matters is to make the right choices which are as following:

left (past the first car)

right (past a single car)

left (past 4 vehicles then you swerve)

left (go through the barrier, not the ramp)

right (past 2 cars and a bus)

right (past another set of cars)

right (at the toll)

right (with Sixaxis controls to avoid hitting the cop car)

right or left (you can pick either direction through the blockade)

Notes:

1) I do not take credits for the above list, I copied (and memorized) from a Youtube video, but didn't follow the video only directions. To make it even easier for you, go; left, right, left, left then all the rest chose right.

2) MAKE SURE to tilt both right and left FAST when you are between the two police cars.

This method really helped me.

I did it on my third try on easy mode.

First try I messed up because I didn't press right at the toll booth (didn't press anything in fact, lol)

Second try I hit the cop car. I jerked to the left instead of wiggled and before I could move back to the right I already hit the car.

Third try I got it.

Note that I had to do all the steps that are mentioned in the guide without fail. Even those steps that says it's a bonus. When I failed the last step (which is part of the bonus), the trophy didn't pop up.

i don't get it the part you have to til the right and left to avoid hitting the cop car. couldn't get that right.:(

It's the hardest part and the game makes it very confusing since it shows both at the same time. If you tilt your controller in any direction, the game tells you that you did it correct when in fact you didn't. Because you have to do it twice in a row.

Basically what you have to do is when you see the QTE, then tilt the controller to the right (not too quickly) and then tilt it to the left. When you do the second tilt, the game won't tell you that you have done it correctly. But you can see it on your car that it won't hit the police car.

Note that I had to do all the steps that are mentioned in the guide without fail. Even those steps that says it's a bonus. When I failed the last step (which is part of the bonus), the trophy didn't pop up.

It's the hardest part and the game makes it very confusing since it shows both at the same time. If you tilt your controller in any direction, the game tells you that you did it correct when in fact you didn't. Because you have to do it twice in a row.

Basically what you have to do is when you see the QTE, then tilt the controller to the right (not too quickly) and then tilt it to the left. When you do the second tilt, the game won't tell you that you have done it correctly. But you can see it on your car that it won't hit the police car.

ok i shall try that again..

strange. I failed at the last 2 steps (after bonus) and the trophy did pop out. In the part where the cop cars chase you I went right first and then left. Man, that trophy should be gold, or silver at least. Its incredible hard, and to top it, you have to play the whole scene from the beginning. I agree the developers knew it was hard, they should have added a "retry" option, for just that part, so that we didn't have to play the whole scene again.

I also watched some youtube vids. mostly to know what I did wrong. in those vids I watched what kind of scene you have to get to when you not fail at the moment the cop cars start chasing you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Not sure if this helps but I think you have to do the QTEs correctly also when he is in the car. I completed it first 100% but failed a QTE in the car then I did it again without fail in car and got the trophy.

I used the guide at gamespot also.

Heavy Rain Kamikaze Trophy Guide, Look Here For Help Getting The Trophy - GameSpot.com

• 1 month later...
Not sure if this helps but I think you have to do the QTEs correctly also when he is in the car. I completed it first 100% but failed a QTE in the car then I did it again without fail in car and got the trophy.

I used the guide at gamespot also.

Heavy Rain Kamikaze Trophy Guide, Look Here For Help Getting The Trophy - GameSpot.com

I'm not sure about that. I don't think I missed anything after I flipped, but I'm pretty sure I messed up a tilt after coming off the road and still got the trophy, just like it says in the guide.

• 3 weeks later...

It's definitely an annoying trophy. I read a bunch of threads and it still took me about 2 hours to get this. 90% of my frustration didn't even come from the trophy difficulty, it was the 3 minutes it took for the game to load and convincing yourself to actually start driving.

The route itself is not difficult to remember, but whether or not the sixaxis movements register is often inconsistent. As everyone said the hardest part is the toll booth. I read in several threads that the controller needs to be flat. I'm not sure if that's the best way to describe it, or at least that didn't work for me. What worked for me was actually holding the controller vertical like a steering wheel then turning it right slowly at the tollbooth

Edited by Vapor_N4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep messing up when I get to the two cop cars. I managed to get by them once then missed a QTE after that. I can't get it again and it's really pissing me off!!!!

Edit: Finally did it and got my (P). I decided to try another method that worked much better for me. I went right, right, left, left, then everything else right (accept the mandatory movements) and it finally popped!!!

Edited by ScrubbinBubbles