Questions about Trial Master trophy

MMDE

"Trial Master

Succeeded in all Ethan’s trials

Complete all five of the trials. You can’t fail any of them. Make it through the Bear without crashing, through the transformer maze in the Butterfly, cut off a finger in the Lizard, kill the Dealer in the Shark and drink the poison in the Rat.

Replay Chapters: The Bear, The Butterfly, The Lizard, The Shark, and the Rat"

I got no idea why I didn't get the trophy the first time around...

I know I made it through the maze (twice actually, as it froze right after I had made the maze the first time and had to replay that level urgh), cut off my finger, I did kill the dealer, I made it through the and I drank the poison.

The only thing I'm worried about is not crashing in the bear. I've never made it to not crash at the end, like his car ends up upside down no matter what I've done. What exactly does it mean that I must not crash?

Another question, can I just replay those chapters and by that get the trophy, or do I have to replay the entire game?

i know you can't replay just those chapters since the save file won't change the results of later chapters but you always crash in the bear. as long as you make it through all the QTEs the car flip at the end should follow.

a successful result in the trials gives you letters to the hideout, by the end of the game you should have the address in full. i would redo the poison chapter and watch the cutscene where "Smart Dad" unlocks to see if Ethan figures out where Shaun is by the letters given to him.

if there's any missing letters then for some reason you didn't complete a trial and will have to go back to the one you missed and play on from there.

i know you can't replay just those chapters since the save file won't change the results of later chapters but you always crash in the bear. as long as you make it through all the QTEs the car flip at the end should follow.

a successful result in the trials gives you letters to the hideout, by the end of the game you should have the address in full. i would redo the poison chapter and watch the cutscene where "Smart Dad" unlocks to see if Ethan figures out where Shaun is by the letters given to him.

if there's any missing letters then for some reason you didn't complete a trial and will have to go back to the one you missed and play on from there.

good idea. I was kind of confused when I had done all trials and I still was left with 3 possible addresses. xD I will be backtracking then! :)

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got no idea what I had done wrong, what trial I had not been able to complete, because I thought I had succeeded in them all, and I still think so.

The chapter you select to re-do will only alter the next chapter, and not the chapter after that or the ending or anything like that. You need to replay each chapter from the chapter you chose to go back to all the way to the chapter you wish to see the change in.

In any case, I was able to get the trophy the second time around. I think I combined it with some other trophy that requires you to play through the entire game again (perfect crime or something), and just made changes to the end for the ending trophies.

• 2 months later...
It doesn't pop... even after i replay the chapters....:(

Make sure you go back to the very first test, do it perfectly.

Then continue to play the entire story from there.

Do every single test perfectly, if you fail one, restart the chapter, but as I said, you must play through the entire game from the first test to make sure you get it.

• 1 year later...

Wow, they should seriously list Trail Master as a missable trophy. If you mess up on the first trial and just continue playing as the roadmap suggests, you will need to replay almost the entire game again. Even with a chapter select feature, that should be considered a missed trophy.

Edited by biggen5963

• 4 months later...
Wow, they should seriously list Trail Master as a missable trophy. If you mess up on the first trial and just continue playing as the roadmap suggests, you will need to replay almost the entire game again. Even with a chapter select feature, that should be considered a missed trophy.

Well, you gotta play the whole game again for Perfect Crime anyways.