No Land Baron Trophy Glitch!

LizardKing_74

Hi all

I read that some thought there was a glitch when trying to buy the plot of land from the Jarl at Falkreath - well there isn't. I had previously completed all of the quests and tasks needed for Platinum and then I went to Jarl's Longhouse at Falkreath and talking to a woman called Tekla - she gave me the option to buy a plot of land when I asked about purchasing a house.

Hope this prevents folk from needlessly going back to old saves!

Hi all

I read that some thought there was a glitch when trying to buy the plot of land from the Jarl at Falkreath - well there isn't. I had previously completed all of the quests and tasks needed for Platinum and then I went to Jarl's Longhouse at Falkreath and talking to a woman called Tekla - she gave me the option to buy a plot of land when I asked about purchasing a house.

Hope this prevents folk from needlessly going back to old saves!

That you don't have any troubles buying the plot in Falkreath doesn't mean that other don't. It's definitely glitched, speaking from personal experience.

The glitch is from the dark brotherhood quest line. when you fulfill the kill helvard contract you lose ability to purchase land from the falkreath steward. I was lucky and saw "contract: kill helvard" in my active quest. bought the land, got land baron and master architect, went back to the jarls house and murdered helvard in cold blood :deadhorse:

Precisely. I got the (P) long before the DLC came out, but I had a smooth run with the Hearthfire trophies. The quests which deny you Land Baron are radiant ones that need never be completed (i.e. Kill Helvard).

If you have any of the "Rare Gifts" quests active, the woman won't give you the option either.

The dark brotherhood quest is a side quest. If its been done you can still get Thaneship and the plot of land but its only from a list of certain quests that are across Skyrim.

Asking the Inn keeper what quests are available everything but the Bounty quests add to Thaneship and the plot of land. You can if the disposition is high enough get the plot of land before Thaneship. If you kill that Housecarl in the Dark Brotherhood quest line, then you will just need to raise your likeness more.

Give Ysolda a Mammoth Tusk.

Give Shattershield person an Amulet of Arkay.

Drop some decent armor in Dead man's drink, and let anyone asking to keep it. (They won't pick it up anyway)

Rescue Valdr and clear out the cave.

Invest in the Gray Pine Goods

Do the Jarl's request of killing a Bandit leader directly from him.

Some of this list is solely to raise disposition to get access to the land even from quests in different holds, the rest is for Thaneship.

• 1 year later...

Before doing any DLC I had achieved Platinum and along the way completed "contract: kill helvard" potentially making it impossible to buy land in Falkreath.

I got around this by finding 'Ysolda' in 'Whiterun" and triggered a task to find her a 'Mammoth Tusk'.

After giving her said Tusk I went to 'Falkreath' and spoke with the 'Jarl' who then asked for some Mead and allowed me to start and complete the requirements to buy land using my Platinum save.

Hope this works for someone else & helps.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For me it hasn't glitched so far I just bought the land from the yarl of farkarth but I had done the help 3 villagers misc quest after I had discovered the College of Winterhold, then I received a letter from a mail runner saying he wanted to meet me id left it a while but finally went to see him and I got the quest to kill some bandits and after that quest I got the land to buy.

Right so I've got the land for Falkarth and Dawnstar and I've down the mission for the Yarl of Morthal I've done 3 citizens requests and I'm the that of all 3 but I haven't got anything for buying the land in Morthal do I have to be at a certain point in the main plot line for this one or is it glitched

Never mind got land baron after saving and restarting game the yarls butler spawned back and I got the land and trophy just now got to build all 3 but it's kinds of fun

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit/multi quote button instead of multi-posting.