Hasbro Family Game Night

Connect 4 Perfection

MCHardmanUK

I was wondering how to do it seeing as even on novice the computer is pretty good but I found a way that I think is a sure fire one to win everytime.

We it worked for me.

The trick is to win the toss and if you don't just restart until you do.

Then drop the counter from where the game starts you off and then build up a 2 by 2 square to the right.

Now build up a 3 by 3 square from the 2 by 2 one you just made and then ithe computer will drop a counter to the right couner and you win with the next counter you drop.

Hope that is clear I know a vid would be useful but my phine doesn't want to let me make a vid for some reason.

yea, a vid (or a link to one) would help please.

Oh and I didn't even know you could change the computer AI so thanks (where is this?). Thanks. This is my last Connect four trophy to get (just got the 50 wins Gold this morning, it was a good thing to wake up to).

Edited by netguy503

The above only worked 40% of the time for me. This is an EASY way to get the silver and requires no video guide:

Select Play Custom, set the Game Mode to Power Chips, and change the settings to:

AI Difficulty: Novice

Column Drop: No

Drop Clock: Disabled

Rounds: 1

Score Limit: None

Time Limit: 1:00

I found it easiest to try to get two chips on top of eachother, then wait for the Hand power chip. Once you get the Hand, place it on your two chips and the opponent won't be able to lay a chip there. You can then score a Connect 4, and just let the time run out. If you are about to lose/tie a game, you can just press the start button and select Restart; this won't count as a loss.

Enjoy and Your Welcome! :)

These methods weren't working for me, so I relied on a Connect 4 solver. Click here for John's Connect Four Playground.

Just make sure you go first, and you're unbeatable. 40,000 hours of computation on the Sun and SGI workstations can't be wrong. ;)

Thanks for the link. Worked like a charm on my first try.

• 1 month later...
That link worked amazing. I wished I had checked this Forum a long time ago.

Here it is again, for anyone that just skipped to the bottom:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~tromp/img/c4.xbm John's Connect Four Playground http://homepages.cwi.nl/~tromp/img/c4.xbm

^ Absolute winner. That's all I've got to say. =D

An easy way I discovered on my own was:

-Choose custom game

-Just play it on original

-Turn Column Drop ON

-Disable Drop Clock

-Use 5+ rounds to make it go faster

-Win the coin toss

-Make sure to lay 3 of your pieces next to each other on the bottom row (the computer will block on both ends)

-Now just wait when it is your turn for the columns to start shaking, if your piece falls, replace it, if the AI's piece falls, take it's place for the win.

Edited by NothingLasts1987

These methods weren't working for me, so I relied on a Connect 4 solver. Click here for John's Connect Four Playground.

Just make sure you go first, and you're unbeatable. 40,000 hours of computation on the Sun and SGI workstations can't be wrong. ;)

Awesome method. I will definitely use that myself when I get to this game. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I obviously played wayyyyy too much Connect 4 when I was younger. I never had an issue with this, and have beaten the computer as many times as I've played them irregardless of coin toss win (had to test on friends and family and showed them the 4 in a row wins when they couldn't). If it weren't for them I would just say to just not suck at playing Connect 4, but since I've tested it with highly intelligent people that weren't familiar with the game, I won't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The above only worked 40% of the time for me. This is an EASY way to get the silver and requires no video guide:

Select Play Custom, set the Game Mode to Power Chips, and change the settings to:

I found it easiest to try to get two chips on top of eachother, then wait for the Hand power chip. Once you get the Hand, place it on your two chips and the opponent won't be able to lay a chip there. You can then score a Connect 4, and just let the time run out. If you are about to lose/tie a game, you can just press the start button and select Restart; this won't count as a loss.

Thanks dude. The other link had too many things to read and was difficult to understand. Your strat is simple. You can also do this with the weight since there's 2 different ones. do 3 in a row on the bottom after your 2 stack and then use whatever comes up ^.^

• 3 weeks later...

This method worked like a dream on the 360 when I did it a while ago. im glad it works on the PS3 too. thanks for the reminder.

• 2 months later...

This way worked great. when i was about to lose i just restarted. Thanks for the tip dude. I have been trying this the regular way and would always get three luck wins in a row and then lose. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
That link worked amazing. I wished I had checked this Forum a long time ago.

Here it is again, for anyone that just skipped to the bottom:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~tromp/img/c4.xbm John's Connect Four Playground http://homepages.cwi.nl/~tromp/img/c4.xbm

^ can anyone explain how the hell that website works? It's confusing :o

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This method worked a treat, I would suggest this to anyone struggling for a good method.

Worked pretty well for me just get a connect 4 then let time expire:applause:

• 2 months later...

This was awesome!! I was dying over this one!! Id get as far as three in a row and draw or lose. Novice is pretty smart.