Pro Tip:The Ultimate Fastest way to gather 25,000 mini-crests!

I have one tip for you guys, but you must be ready for it!

[spoiler=123]During the story mode, first you will play an early mission where Harry will make a "Luck potion" then he stashes it away. At certain part of the story progression, Harry will use that very potion! This is the part in the game that you need!

At the time when Harry drinks the "Luck" potion and the game takes control of him, you just watch him walk in first person view, there is 1 more action you can do! And that is to break open the glowing lights with your wand.

What happens is as soon as Harry starts walking, you just keep tapping "forward" on the :rs: and because Harry is "Lucky" he will always and I mean literally always get the MAX amount of mini crests to come out.

The whole sequence lasts about 20 seconds and during those 20 seconds you will gather enough mini's to complete almost 2 full crests!!! You will ask how to repeat this infinite times?? Easy !! As Harry reaches the duel cut scene outside on the bridge, wait a bit so the mini counter finishes the gathered badges, then hit :start:, choose "Save and Quit", that will put you in main menu. From there hit "Continue" and the game will put you back at the cut scene where Harry actually drinks the potion! The game saves the amount of badges you gathered when you quit, but it assumes that you failed the duel, so it places you back from mission start!!!

Rinse and repeat... so easy .. .you don't even have to walk... Harry on auto-pilot! lol

Enjoy:applause:

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 2 weeks later...
Wow dude ... wish I had read this yesterday, as I finished the Luck sequence last night. But, props to you for posting this if it really works.

Yea ... :) I literally LOL-ED when I found this... How I found it is, I was trying to get all the dueling badges, including those that are NOT required for trophies. There is one dueling badge that requires Harry to defeat a person in duel by using only defensive spells. So, I started the "Lucky" sequence and got to the duel, noticed how I'm invincible in that duel, all due to the "Luck" again, so I decided to restart and acquire the "Defense" badge. When I restarted, I saw the game saved all my mini-crests! LOL ...

The rest is history...

Best part is Harry on auto-pilot HA! :D

Hopefully more will bother to read this before they get to that point in the game and have fun with it. And maybe post up their experience.

• 2 weeks later...
nice find!! I remember this part and racking up a lottt of crests - but never figured out how to play it over again...

definately way better/easier than runnng through the hallways :)

cheers!

You "Save & Quit" (best to do it before the Stone Bridge) then choose "Continue" from the main menu. Auspuff, I tried it on my friend's PS3 and your tip truly does work. Nice one! :applause:

You "Save & Quit" (best to do it before the Stone Bridge) then choose "Continue" from the main menu. Auspuff, I tried it on my friend's PS3 and your tip truly does work. Nice one! :applause:

Thanks!:dance:Thanks for going the extra lenght to try and test it!

Yes exactly at the Stone Bridge! I was quiting during the cut scene before the duel.

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm doing it right now, Harry talks with friends and drink felix so i have some time to write this ;p

whole run gives you 1 whole badge, not two

and you can quit when u reach cutscene and screen goes black to activate scene

good way to read something and pay attention only on the bridge

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
how many times does it take to get the T?

It's not a Trophy per-say, but it is part of a Trophy... Throughout the game you collect those badges. All over the place. And they made 25 of them all broken up in pieces, mini-badges ... The game keeps track of them separately from the main ones, so don't worry. You need 25 of them. 1,000 mini's make 1 full - hence the title of the thread - 25,000!

So to your question, one sequence nets you approximately 1,800 mini's. So I would say about 15 times you should be good. IF you didn't gather any mini's prior to this point, that is.

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 1 month later...