The I'll make them pay... thread

Buster-K

Since this trophy is basically the road block to 100%, I figured it deserved a thread for discussion.... general strategies, experiences (good and bad), etc.

Let me start off by saying that the level 2 boss fight is a huge thorn in my side. It's basically a guessing game as to where he decides to pop up, and while laser is good for most of the bosses, because of those damn pineapples or whatever you have to be at almost point blank range to even hit him. Yeah, I dunno if I'm that bad seeing as how I've been going at this for some time already, but holy hell that fight pisses me off the most so far.

The furthest I've gone is to level 5 with Krystal. Yes, I'm using Krystal, it might be a really retarded move since I'm not really skilled yet, but her mobility makes up for her lack of HP.

I'm kind of interested in seeing if anyone is using Sayuri... I think she is a really good pick if not for her trouble with the level 4+5 bosses (due to range) and some mini bosses like Vitis Engine (not bad if you use that ceiling exploit though)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started the game a few days ago and literally can only play with sayuri. I started to play with krystal. I really like sayuri's style and have lost of fun with using a sword over a gun. I slowly started to use krystal now and I like her 2, but i just gotta get used to using a gun uuugghhh... Well Il get there eventually the game's so much fun and very hard 2 put down.

For the Level 2 boss Machine Gun or Plasma is best against him.

Anything that puts the aligators in danger will be a thorn in your side. I have no problems with him, only thing that makes him difficult is Multiplayer because of the shared camera. It's a real pain in the ass then xD

Single Player you can just dash across without a problem while shooting your weapon.

The main reason i haven't really given the game too much of a go lately is because of that roly-poly glitchy boss. I went and watched one of that guy's videos you posted to even see if im doing something wrong and nope im not. He standing the same way I am and shootin the boss and not gettin hit. I just go flying for no reason even when boss hasn't touched me.

Game is just too glitchy and i'd be heated as hell if i made it all the way there without dying at all so close to the last part just to be knocked out by that glitched rolypoly. =/

Edited by CogniVision

For the Level 2 boss Machine Gun or Plasma is best against him.

Anything that puts the aligators in danger will be a thorn in your side. I have no problems with him, only thing that makes him difficult is Multiplayer because of the shared camera. It's a real pain in the ass then xD

Single Player you can just dash across without a problem while shooting your weapon.

The main reason i haven't really given the game too much of a go lately is because of that roly-poly glitchy boss. I went and watched one of that guy's videos you posted to even see if im doing something wrong and nope im not. He standing the same way I am and shootin the boss and not gettin hit. I just go flying for no reason even when boss hasn't touched me.

Game is just too glitchy and i'd be heated as hell if i made it all the way there without dying at all so close to the last part just to be knocked out by that glitched rolypoly. =/

Yeah I eventually taught myself to be less trigger-happy and switch weapons on reaction... basically being more active in general during the fight.

Regarding glitches, so far I've encountered 2 glitches on my many failed runs, coincidentally both in Stage 3:

-Ran into invisible boulder/wall during the lowering spiked ceiling part

(of course I used the air dash exploit to run through that area) right before the raft

-Game tweaked out right before the waterfall bit and I had a surfboard in the air which was splashing water :eek:

Question though, you're using the ceiling exploit and still getting hit? If you are, you shouldn't be getting hit.

I've switched to Sayuri and the difficulty dropped significantly (I guess you could attribute some of this to learning from many, many failed runs).... also I don't have to worry about getting any 1-ups, because I got the trophy. :D

The level 7 bosses are a joke with Sayuri (as are most bosses).... only worried about the Vitis Engine and maybe those tower scaling parts of that level too.

Edited by Buster-K

I was playing with CogniVision 2day and some random shit happened. I main Sayuri as shes the person i like the most. I wanna get Krystal down but the guns havent been my thing and just doing some of the things for the trophy.

The glitches in this game. OMG me and CogniVision were laughing our ass off in stage 5(i thing thats the laboratory). I had Sayuri and he had Leviathan and we were making our way down of the drops and then somehow the camera pushed me back and down and I got stuck and blocked in the wall which there was no way thru and forcing me to waste all 5 lives. Its funny but its sad. I ended up stealing lives back as payback lol. I still pretty noobish but playing with Cogni 2day helped me out alot and im slowly beginning to understand the bosses and stages better and better.

Edited by Kagerasimaru

I'll be going for this trophy after I finish up the last few I need...first of all, we need to declare which character is the best to use. I know Sayuri makes some bosses easier, HOWEVER she is close range based and getting through some parts without getting hit sounds very hard.

Besides Sayuri I'd say use Bahamut (or Harley for more life? what are the other differences), pick up the Laser in Stage 1, and then upgrade that along with Spread Shot (or a fast one to destroy bosses with like Heat), just taking it slow and staying back, clearing out every enemy with Laser before moving forward (or at the least just walk instead of running/dashing). But then again, these may get you through some levels but then some bosses would be tougher than if you used Sayuri. Although again, I can take down most bosses in under 10 sec with Sayuri BUT that's with sacrificing a hit or two and rapid slashing while you're invincible after getting hit, you can't afford to do that.

Some parts that I can see ruining the run:

-Vitis Engine/"rolypoly" in Stage 8...the last phase where it rolls at you, I ALWAYS get hit on it's last 2-3 hits. Can the game really not keep up or am I doing something wrong. Each time I tried with Bahamut or Krystal, never Sayuri (who would probably make that even HARDER because you have to get close to hit it instead of relying on your bullets) (edit: Nevermind read about the ceiling thing, hopefully that makes this one less worry for the run)

-Final Boss, last phase with the falling platforms. I have only been able to even beat this guy by using Heated Plasma, default rifle takes TOO LONG. Never tried with Sayuri though. Imagine then getting passed that and then dying because you missed the helicopter? Man that would be bad.

-Lots of other small parts but this is just off the top of my head

Edited by zeociko

*snip*

The only bosses/mini bosses that you can't spam her melee on are:

-Laser wall stage 2 (you can, but it's dangerous)

-573 Tigris first form (you can, but it's dangerous)

-Alien baby stage 5 (can't reach)

-Robot in stage 6 (risky, and can't reach)

-Vitis Engine (charge shot cd is too long), easy with ceiling exploit

The rest are easy. The Tiberius Augustus or whatever his last form is called can be killed with melee, if you jump on top of that ship (or cars, whatever vehicle they are) and spam slashes upwards. If you do this, he won't fly around and come back, since you'll kill him.

After playing as Krystal I find Sayuri much, much easier to use because:

-sheer power & boss killer

-3 health

-pretty fast, OK air dash

-unlike the other characters you don't have to worry about getting hit as much

Level 3 laser is really good, it's about the same as Sayuri's melee attack, but the problem is if you lose it, you're screwed! There is usually only 1 laser powerup per level.... Sayuri's sword swipes are faster IMO because there is almost no animation to it, unlike the laser.

does 2 players make this trophy easier? Will the there be more spawning mob and more hp on bosses if there is 2 players in this game
I have not confirmed this yet but from what I recall playing co-op, at least the Boss HP is increased, but I think regular enemies do not have a HP adjustment.

So far I've managed to get to level 7 with no deaths.... died somewhere before the knight. After practicing in Rising mode for a bit (upgrades turned off) I think I can do this. :dance:

Question though, you're using the ceiling exploit and still getting hit? If you are, you shouldn't be getting hit.

Nah I havent used the ceiling thing. I dont want to rely on something that would be difficult to do especially if I lose my machine gun or something during the boss battle and cant destroy those things fast enough I wont have time to be climbing one to hit the ceiling and avoiding the bullets they shoot.

The thing is ridiculous though I was even shooting a lvl 3 laser at the fucker and hit me -.-

does 2 players make this trophy easier? Will the there be more spawning mob and more hp on bosses if there is 2 players in this game

I actually didn't know if it allowed 2 players for this trophy, if it does I would say it makes it more difficult because of the shared camera issue. Can make bosses like Leviathan's robot in Stage 2 and the Leviathan fight in Stage 7 a pain in the ass.

Pretty much any boss that doesn't fit within the screen becomes a pain. Going through levels at any decent speed will get whoever is in the lead killed as well.

Really should have been seperated cameras rather than shared.

I have not confirmed this yet but from what I recall playing co-op, at least the Boss HP is increased, but I think regular enemies do not have a HP adjustment.

So far I've managed to get to level 7 with no deaths.... died somewhere before the knight. After practicing in Rising mode for a bit (upgrades turned off) I think I can do this. :dance:

Yeah it's increased, I noticed when i play with people in Rising mode my level 3 lasers doesn't do as much damage, usually bosses are down within seconds that goes to about a minute sometimes for the tougher bosses.

Edited by CogniVision

• 3 weeks later...

i die at stage 7 at jumping umbrella during the lev chase lol....:( i decide to continue and see if i can survive the rest no more death.

Worse is that after that death, i didnt die anymore and finish everything.

DAMNIT

Edit: Did arcade again and this time got the gold =)

Edited by 3tse

Haha Etse that musta sucked a hard one doing all that and dying over a simple ass part like that xD

Congrats on the gold now. I've pretty much set down the game since it would be a waste for me to try and make it all the way to the end and die from my glitchy roly poly boss... that's the only damn thing in the game that gave me trouble. =(

Edited by CogniVision

Haha Etse that musta sucked a hard one doing all that and dying over a simple ass part like that xD

Congrats on the gold now. I've pretty much set down the game since it would be a waste for me to try and make it all the way to the end and die from my glitchy roly poly boss... that's the only damn thing in the game that gave me trouble. =(

What glitch for that boss?

I've never encounter any glitch for that part. I just jump up to the ceiling so it doesn't hit me cause i was using sayuri.

i die at stage 7 at jumping umbrella during the lev chase lol....:( i decide to continue and see if i can survive the rest no more death.

Worse is that after that death, i didnt die anymore and finish everything.

DAMNIT

Edit: Did arcade again and this time got the gold =)

You think that's bad? See how you'd feel if you missed the final helicopter (which I did!) after not dying once.

Congrats :applause: Looks like Yourgamercards.net is up to full functionality for now, and a few people have the trophy. Me, not going back to this for a bit... after I missed the last heli (note to self: DO NOT air dash after a dash double jump :mad:) I was pretty much in shock and disbelief. I would like to get 100% obviously but that last run annoyed me so much...

And yeah Cog I haven't encountered any glitch with the Vitis Engine... you're safe if you use the ceiling exploit.

• 2 weeks later...
And yeah Cog I haven't encountered any glitch with the Vitis Engine... you're safe if you use the ceiling exploit.

You're safe if you use the ceiling exploit, but that doesn't mean there is no glitch there.

The boss is glitchy when he picks up speeds and doesn't register your bullets, so if you play it normal on the ground you're gonna get hit by him and die even with a level 3 laser he would hit me... and a level 3 laser is pretty much a continuous shot even without the Rapid fire from Rising Mode.

And attempting to reach the ceiling can be a pain in the ass if those things shoot out a bullet while you attempt to climb them. Either way you can get boned... I shouldn't need to rely on doing something like that all because the game gets glitchy because a boss is moving too fast. I've pretty much mastered the whole game and all the bosses except that one because of his glitchiness. Only other part that gives me trouble is the beginning of that stage running through all the mobs while the missiles and lasers from the ship is shooting you, but only reason I haven't bothered practicing it is because I dont see a point since the roly poly gonna keel me :p

And I really dont want to run through Arcade, get to that point, and die because I get hit by the roly poly... or die because I attempt to reach the ceiling and get hit by a bullet from the pillars while I climb.

I dont use Sayuri, I use Krystal.

Edited by CogniVision

Well I've beat Vitis Engine without Sayuri both on Rising and Arcade mode, and I've never experienced this glitch you mention. Could you possibly post a video of this occurring? You might want to consider using the default weapon or super machinegun instead of laser.... there is a cooldown with laser even at level 3 so the space between your shots will be larger than if you had a super machinegun. I'm guessing ripple could work too.

Dying at that boss isn't so bad, I've died @Tiberius' first form, 2nd form, and the final helicopter on separate no-death runs :o :p

i always have been using krystal before sayuri and i dont have a problem with that part even without jumping up to the ceiling. I just save the machine gun till that part

Jumping up to the ceiling is actually no problem at all if you jump from the back and not directly at it as it coming to you.

I hit the last one a few times leaving some hp then let it rotate another round. stay close to the right and when it reaches the front again, just jump from the back giving you a lot of time to reach the ceiling without having to worry about pushing you out of the ring when you jump from the front.

Well I've beat Vitis Engine without Sayuri both on Rising and Arcade mode, and I've never experienced this glitch you mention. Could you possibly post a video of this occurring? You might want to consider using the default weapon or super machinegun instead of laser.... there is a cooldown with laser even at level 3 so the space between your shots will be larger than if you had a super machinegun. I'm guessing ripple could work too.

Dying at that boss isn't so bad, I've died @Tiberius' first form, 2nd form, and the final helicopter on separate no-death runs :o :p

I've used a level 3 Machine Gun as well and my friends have the same problem with this boss as me. The game just doesn't pick it up, the boss will really turn away like I hit him but i'll go flying as well.

I dont have capture equipment to record a video or I would. Unless I use the ceiling its impossible for me to get past that part without dying. I've even used a Level 3 Laser and Machine gun on Rising mode with Rapid fire and still get hit.

I have no problem with Tiberius, or any other boss. The roly poly is the only thing that makes itself a problem.

Edited by CogniVision

Jumping up to the ceiling is actually no problem at all if you jump from the back and not directly at it as it coming to you.

I hit the last one a few times leaving some hp then let it rotate another round. stay close to the right and when it reaches the front again, just jump from the back giving you a lot of time to reach the ceiling without having to worry about pushing you out of the ring when you jump from the front.

I just get on the ceiling at the very start when they first start to rise up, I stand on the pillar and let it lift me up. Have to kill the ones on the ceiling real fast but it's a lot easier to get up that way.

Thing with DLC games not everyone may have the same bugs or as many as others.

Lots of people had a lot of bugs and glitches for the Prince of Persia trilogy DLCs while I had only a few for example. So you two might have just lucked out.

Edited by CogniVision

I've picked up the game again for the no death run since PSN is down, damn I made it to Stage 5 with a level 3 Laser and Machine Gun just to lose it because I wasn't paying attention was so busy thinking about "i'm so close to the 20 lives trophy, just one more stage!"

And while i was thinking that I didn't notice those stupid guys that explode when you kill them and send their pieces flying in the air, all of them my laser managed to kill the pieces before they shot up except this one... while I was all excited in my thoughts and by the time i payed attention I just saw the damage animation and my laser flying away "Nooo!"

And my little level 1 Machine Gun I got hit again by a damn piece and died! xD

Argh so close... Stage 5 is the most annoying all because of those damn flying pieces, I knew I shoulda picked up the Heat gun and replaced my Machine!

Update: Got Disposable Warrior! On Stage 8 right now with no deaths... I hope that roly poly doesn't hit me dammit.

Omg i passed the Roly poly and fooking died from a laser turret hitting me and knocking me into the holes the missiles shoot from... -.-

After all that ownage... all that not getting hit... and I die from some bullshit like that. Right before the end. Argh!

*lets game sit in the dusty hardrive of his PS3 again*

Edited by CogniVision

Yeah Cog I wasn't disputing if there was a glitch or not, just saying it hasn't happened to me. I'd be pretty annoyed if that happened to me. You've beat the game on Rising mode though, why not just keep continuing? Or are you trying to get all the arcade trophies in one run?

I hate those guys too (and those bouncing guys that shoot out 3 projectiles). Lvl 3 Machinegun is pretty good against those robots, you can lay down and shoot and you should destroy the projectiles. I haven't tried playing again after I got the gold... using guns is more fun IMO and more challenging. :cool:

I got that 20 lives trophy in stage 7 actually, since I died in stage 5 or 6. The parts most annoying in the no death run are stage 7 (2nd tower climb after the missile part+Levi chase) and the beginning of stage 8 (so much going on at once) for me at least.

Yeah i got the 20 Lives in Stage 7 as well because I missed the one in Stage 5 on the moving floor missed the damn Capsule.

Yea I beat Rising Mode that's easy, well I finished that run I was like "meh i'm at the end may as well get the bronze for clearing Arcade"

My thing was, I didn't really care about getting the clear all Arcade bronze because if I cant get that Gold it doesn't matter so was just gonna kill two birds with one stone may as well go for both... but damn, that was such a crappy ending to that run.

Very last part after roly poyl and before Tiberius got hit by that first laser turret... I woulda survived that, but it knocked me into the damn hole lol.

The very first part of Stage 8 yea that has to be the toughest part in the whole game for running through mobs, but I practiced it and I can handle it without a prob with just a gun. And since on my run I had a level 3 Laser I was able to just rush through it even easier.

The bouncing guys are very annoying especially in Stage 4 lol. I got used to them, though they are definitely a damn priority to take out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah man, for anyone out there. Stay calm, dont get too happy. I died right at the same time Tiberius's last form did. He was at about 5% health and i'm just spammin that laser.

Tongue stickin out of my mouth, with drool comin down my cheeks like "yes yes... its mine, the gold is mine. The precious is mine! THE PREC-" cut off by my platform exploding right from under my feet cause I was too focused finishing him off that I didn't notice him shooting the fireballs in the sky and it came down all the way to hit my platform without me noticing. Making me fall to my death just as I shot the last hit to finish the fucker off.

"NOOO THE PRECIOUS!" :applause:

That 1 is gonna b very frustrating when I get to that trophy. I gotta get the other arcade mode trophies 1st b4 that 1. I still need clear the game with a partner online, collect 20 lives, beat the game w/o collecting any weapons, and don't kill more then 50 privates. Also I have beat arcade but that will come natural. I got a long way.