Hard Corps: Uprising - Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Tuffinz

2cfPb6w.png

Hard Corps: Uprising Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Hard Corps Uprising is a 2D side scroller from Konami, the makers of Contra. It is extremely similar in game play with vamped up abilities and graphics. The bosses are more complex and the stages are more difficult. There are two modes: Rising and Arcade. Rising mode offers the ability to upgrade your character by obtaining CP (Corp points). Arcade mode is precisely the same but without level select and the upgrading abilities, making it far more difficult. The game features local and online co-op.

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 9.5/10

-Offline (breakdown): 7 (B) , 3 (S) , 1 (G) 

-Online (breakdown): 1 (S) 

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: TBD

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Multiple Completion of Stages

-Number of missable trophies: None - everything can be obtained via Stage Select

-Glitched trophies: None known

-Does difficulty affect trophies? no difficulty setting

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? no cheats available

General Information:

Controls:

• :square: – Fires weapon
  • :cross: – Jump (tap :cross: to double jump)
  • :triangle: - change weapon
  • :circle: - Action button - (available in Rising Mode only with a powered up character)
  • :ls: – Moves character
  • :lsdown: – prone position
  • :r1: or :l1: - run/dash
  • Hold :l2: – Strafe -locks in firing position (useful during driving sequences)
  • Hold :r2: - Stationary Aim - allows you to aim without moving

It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the controls. There is a lot at your disposal here. It's not simply moving, jumping and shooting. You have dash, stationary aim and strafe abilities. Utilizing these abilities will make your playthrough easier. Specifically make sure to use :l2: during the driving sequences.

Weapon Items (power ups you obtain by shooting capsules out of sky):

• Machine Guns (green capsule with letter "M")
  • Spread Shot (red capsule with letter "S")
  • Chain Laser (blue capsule with letter "L")
  • Ripple (light blue capsule with letter "R")
  • Heated Plasma (orange capsule with letter "H")
  • Crash Gun (yellow capsule with letter "C")

Game Modes:

• Arcade Mode - Standard mode with a set amount of lives and continues. There are 8 trophies associated with this mode. There is NO level select with this mode.
  • Rising Mode - Same as Arcade but in Rising you collect CP (Corps Points) that are used in the shop to upgrade your character. Upgrades include extra lives, extra continues and power ups for the weapons you obtain. There are 4 trophies associated with this mode.

573 Continues:

• If you complete 100 playthroughs of your allotted lives in Arcade and/or Rising mode you'll unlock 573 continues in both modes. These continues will prove helpful with your Arcade runs. If you want to speed this process along then start up a game and die repeatedly until the continues unlock.

Note: I highly recommend purchasing the DLC character Sayuri for your runs in Arcade Mode. She is powerful. She'll cost you $2.49 USD.

Roadmap:

NOTE: Rising Mode is remarkably easier than Arcade mode. I recommend playing through Rising Mode first to familiarize yourself with the stages and the bosses. The following are the recommended steps to get the trophies for each mode.

Rising Mode:

Step 1: Grinding CP Points

You'll want to complete Stage 1 to unlock Stage 2. During Stage 2 there is a perfect grinding spot to earn CP points. You want to earn enough points to upgrade your character. This will make obtaining the trophies in Rising Mode much easier. See You Can Never Play Too Much... for details on grinding the CP points. Once you're comfortable with your character's improvements you can either continue on or finish grinding until you earn the necessary CP needed to obtain You Can Never Play Too Much...

Step 2: Completing Stages/Obtaining all Medals

Once your character is leveled up, focus on completing all 8 stages and obtaining the Gold Medal in each stage. They aren't in plain sight and require you to look for them or platform to certain areas to find them. Some are powerups you need to shoot out of the sky. See Decorated Soldier for all gold medal locations.

Step 3: S-Ranking Levels

On your next playthrough focus on S-Ranking all 8 stages. You need 4,000,000 CP to obtain the highest ranking (S-Rank) in a stage. You get a 3,000,000 bonus for completing stages in a particular amount of time. You also get bonuses for finding the gold medal, not dying, etc. Note that if you die and continue, your CP will reset and will make obtaining the 4,000,000 very hard. See Burning Spirit for stage bonus times and video walkthroughs.

Arcade Mode:

Note: Remember that this mode has no level select. You have to play all 8 Stages all the way through to get the completion trophies. Also remember to make use of the 573 continues by completing 100 playthroughs of your allotted lives in Arcade and/or Rising mode. With this method, so long as you can beat a level or even a checkpoint with your 3 given lives you'll have no issues completing the game. Note that while this makes having to start over a non-issue, it doesn't make the game any less difficult.

Step 1: Co-op online

You can obtain the other trophies while playing co-op. Note, though, that if you are dead and you complete a stage only the player who is alive will get credit for it. During this playthrough focus on completing the stages with your partner. Give yourself enough time to finish (a couple of hours minimum and maybe longer) - you'll be playing all 8 stages back to back. When you're finished you should have World Peace, The Strongest Warrior, Stage Clear and Let's Do This Thing right!

Step 2: Avoiding Privates

For Innate Guerilla Warfare you need to complete all 8 stages while only killing 50 privates. Privates are your standard enemy that run in from the left and right of the screen. Focus on avoiding these enemies at all costs across all 8 stages and when you've completed them all it will pop. Most of the privates you can jump over or get around fairly easily.

Step 3: Avoiding Weapon Power Ups

For The definition of a warrior you need to get through all 8 stages without using a weapon power up. Those are any of the capsules that upgrade your standard gun. You'll need to complete all 8 stages using the gun that you first start out with. You want to avoid shooting into the air as the power ups float by in the sky. Also be aware that bosses occasionally drop these power ups. Don't use them. I recommend spending the money on purchasing the character Sayuri. Her standard sword attacks are powerful and your need for weapon power ups will diminish with her.

Step 4: Beating the Game without Dying/1-ups

For your final playthrough you'll need to focus on not dying for I'll Make them Pay. During this playthrough also go for obtaining the 20 extra lives trophy, Disposable Warrior. For this trophy you want to find all the 1-ups in the game and not lose any lives. These trophies can be obtained on the same run. May the force be with you on this one. See Disposable Warrior for 1-up locations.

Edited by Viper
Replaced a missing banner.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rising Mode Trophies

03.jpg All Clear(B)

[RISING MODE] Clear all missions

Complete all 8 Missions. Unlike Arcade mode, Rising has a level select option so you're free to complete these at your leisure. See the following thread for General Walkthrough Videos: General Walkthrough Videos

04.jpg Decorated Soldier (B)

[RISING MODE] Obtain all medals

There are a total 8 medals; 1 per stage. They are located inside of gold chests, regular chests and power ups that float in the sky. The gold chests only appear when you've come across the area. You won't see them until you've walked upon it and then it appears.

Note that you do not have to complete the stage for the find to count. You can either complete the stage or get a game over and the find will count. It will not count if you quit the game.

The following are what type the medal is located in:

• Stage 1 Desert: Gold Chest
  • Stage 2 Jungle: Gold Chest
  • Stage 3 Ruins : Regular Chest
  • Stage 4 Capital Highway: Power Up in Sky
  • Stage 5 Capital Laboratory: Power Up in Sky
  • Stage 6 Capital Railway: Power Up in Sky
  • Stage 7 Capital Tower Building: Gold Chest
  • Stage 8 Battle Ship: Gold Chest

See video for walkthrough (credit to IRonanN1I😞

05.jpg Burning Spirit (B)

[RISING MODE] Achieve the highest rating on all stages

You need 4,000,000 CP points to achieve the S-Rank on each stage. The points are determined by killing enemies, speed and not dying. If you die your points will reset and you’ll have a tougher time reaching the 4 million mark. You get a 3,000,000 bonus for finishing the stage in a certain amount of time (see below.) You also get a 250,000 bonus for finding the medal in the stage.

Time Bonuses for each Stage are as follows:

• Stage 1 Desert: 6 minutes
  • Stage 2 Jungle: 7 minutes
  • Stage 3 Ruins: 6 minutes
  • Stage 4 Capital Highway: 10 minutes
  • Stage 5 Capital Laboratory: 10 minutes
  • Stage 6 Capital Railway: 7 minutes
  • Stage 7 Capital Tower Building: 12 minutes
  • Stage 8 Battle Ship: 12 minutes

See the following thread for S-Rank Walkthrough Videos: S-Rank Videos

06.jpg You can never play too much. (B)

[RISING MODE] Purchase all obtainable items

You only need to purchase all of the items for Bahamut and Krystal. You purchase items with CP or Corp Points that are earned in game. The DLC character's don't count towards this trophy. In order to fully obtain all of their items, you need to accumulate a total of 225,550,000 CP for each character. You have to play as the character to earn CP for the character.

You can grind points on the 2nd Stage: Jungle. When you reach the sub-boss with the alligators on either side you can grind out points here. It makes life a lot easier if you find and keep the flame power up. It has the letter "H" on it. Note that eventually the combo will max out and your points will no longer count. You can either continue on and finish the stage or kill yourself and get a game over.

Corp Points will save any time you get a game over or complete a stage.

See video for the location of the grind spot (credit to Treasurefan02😞

Edited by Viper
adding tiles

Arcade Mode Trophies

01.jpg Let's do this thing right! (B)

[ARCADE MODE] Defeat 10 or more Privates

Privates are your standard enemy. They run in from the right and left of the screen. You’ll get this trophy within the first 30 seconds of the Desert Stage.

02.jpg Stage Clear (B)

[ARCADE MODE] Clear Stage 1

Simply Complete Stage 1: Desert.

07.jpg The Strongest Warrior (B)

[ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions

There are 8 total stages:

• Stage 1: Desert
  • Stage 2: Jungle
  • Stage 3: Ruins
  • Stage 4: Capital Highway
  • Stage 5: Capital Laboratory
  • Stage 6: Capital Railway
  • Stage 7: Capital Tower Building
  • Stage 8: Battle Ship

You have to complete them all in one go. Once you complete Stage 8 the trophy will pop. See the following thread for General Walkthrough Videos: General Walkthrough Videos

08.jpg Innate Guerilla Warfare (S)

[ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions without defeating more than 50 Privates.

Again, privates are the standard enemies you come across that run in from the left and right of the screen. Essentially you need to avoid them as much as you can. You can typically jump over them or maneuver under them with obstacles. The biggest thing to remember is to move forward. Eventually they will disappear or you'll outrun them.

09.jpg Disposable Warrior (S)

[ARCADE MODE] Stock up 20 or more extra lives

You start Arcade mode with a standard 2 lives. Obtaining additional lives depends on finding the 1-ups in the levels and not dying. The 1-ups are triggered by you in most cases and will only show if you put yourself in certain locations. See the following video for all 1-up locations (credit to todayisforgotten😞

10.jpg World Peace (S) Online trophy

[ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions with friends from around the world

Simply complete all 8 missions with a friend online. See the following thread for General Walkthrough Videos: General Walkthrough Videos. Remember that this has to be done in one sitting so make sure you give yourself enough time to finish (a couple of hours at least). Using Sayuri for both players is a powerful combination so purchasing her is well worth it.

11.jpg The definition of a warrior!(S)

[ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions without picking up any weapon items

You’ll have to make it through all 8 levels without picking up any of the capsules. Just avoid them at all costs. You can also use any of the DLC characters. Sayuri’s sword attacks are powerful and will make getting this trophy a lot easier.

12.jpg I'll make them pay…(G)

[ARCADE MODE] Clear all missions without dying

Again I recommend the purchase of Sayuri. Her health meter and powerful sword attacks will help greatly. Be wary of enemies and obstacles that are instant kills. The bosses all have patterns. It's memorizing and recognizing those patterns that's key to getting through the stages without dying. Once those patterns are memorized, the bosses aren't nearly as daunting. See the following thread for General Walkthrough Videos: General Walkthrough Videos

Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep

It is a lot of fun but it is extremely hard. It's like Contra and the bullethell games collided LOL

I had my eyes on this trophy guide but I like what you done much better. There's also speed run videos on youtube as well that's making me wanna buy the game. And that dlc character is powerful but she has problems fighting most bosses, but will and can still deal mighty girl power damage. :eek:

You got this up fast- now I won't have to use the guide on xbox360a. You missed this tip for innate guerrilla warfare:

Go to arcade mode, activate 2nd controller (no need for an alt as player 2 can't earn achievements), and have player 1 die at beginning of stage 1 without killing anyone. Use player 2 on 2nd controller and play through until the last form of the last boss. Make sure player 2 has at least 1 extra life at 3rd form - if you're on your last life just die and try again. Assuming you make it and have a spare life, have player 1 steal a life by pressing the 'A' button, then get the kill. Player 1 has to get to the chopper 1st, though if you do this alone like I did, player 2 will likely be dead anyway.

I've read about this method working online via co-op, but this is a solo method that works. I doubt many online players are willing to do all the work for others.

Remember that if you have to continue, player 1 must die without getting any kills. This guarantees you'll be under 50 kills. And if you can't beat arcade mode yet, keep playing in any mode until your clock hits approximately 20 hours - you then have 573 continues in all modes from now on!

Great guide though. Fun game, I love Arc System Works so I had to pick this up.

I had my eyes on this trophy guide but I like what you done much better. There's also speed run videos on youtube as well that's making me wanna buy the game. And that dlc character is powerful but she has problems fighting most bosses, but will and can still deal mighty girl power damage. :eek:

Thanks. I definitely recommend it. It's a great game. With Sayuri you just have to get in close and go nuts on the boss.

You got this up fast- now I won't have to use the guide on xbox360a. You missed this tip for innate guerrilla warfare:

Great guide though. Fun game, I love Arc System Works so I had to pick this up.

So according to the second part of that tip once you clock 20 hours in the game you'll recieve 573 continues on both game modes? Seriously?

Edit: After doing some research it seems that you have to lose 100 lives and then it unlocks the 573 continues. I'll test this over the next couple of days.

Edited by Tuffinz

According to people on the gamefaqs message board, you only need to max out any two characters for "You can never play too much" - it doesn't necessarily have to be Bahamut and Krystal. I'll be giving this a shot, since my friend and I are currently playing Sayuri and Leviathan.

According to people on the gamefaqs message board, you only need to max out any two characters for "You can never play too much" - it doesn't necessarily have to be Bahamut and Krystal. I'll be giving this a shot, since my friend and I are currently playing Sayuri and Leviathan.

Ok awesome. It's my understanding that it's the two main characters but if it unlocks for you using Sayuri and Leviathan please let me know.

After I just 100% Eat Them! I brought this game because of your guide. :)

Awesome :) Hope you enjoy it.

:)... It's hard as hell. :eek: It'll take me precision/perfect timing to 100% this game. :(

It'll be a while til I get 100% - I'm certainly worried about a lot of the arcade trophies. The mode is tough. Getting the 573 continues helps but you still have to be able to complete the level with the 3 lives. It's pattern memorization and being damn near perfect LOL

I just finished Rising mode w/ a friend, and he died before grabbing the helicopter in the final stage (I made it). The trophy didn't pop for him until he finished stage 1 on Rising mode. I don't know if this works the same way for Arcade mode though.

According the x360a guide, for You can never play too much you have to upgrade Bahamut and Krystal (not DLC characters)... so I take it this was changed for the PS3 version?

I just finished Rising mode w/ a friend, and he died before grabbing the helicopter in the final stage (I made it). The trophy didn't pop for him until he finished stage 1 on Rising mode. I don't know if this works the same way for Arcade mode though.

According the x360a guide, for You can never play too much you have to upgrade Bahamut and Krystal (not DLC characters)... so I take it this was changed for the PS3 version?

It is my understanding its only Bahamut and Krystal. Unless someone can tell me otherwise that the DLC characters worked for them.

Whats the deal w/ the 573 continues? o.O

I dont understand, Someone explain please ..

Just game over 100 times. :D

for those who are interested in 573 number

Konami is represented by the goroawase number "573". "Five" in Japanese is go, changed to the voiceless form ko; "7" in Japanese is nana shortened to na; "3" in Japanese is mittsu, shortened to mi; "573" = ko-na-mi.

This number appears in many Konami telephone numbers and as a high score in Konami games like Dance Dance Revolution (which also featured songs with a max combo of the number) as an example; in some other games like Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, the number is occasionally used as minor self-reference to the company.

taken from wiki

thanks for the great guide btw!

I have Sayuri maxed out and should be maxing Leviathan over the weekend, for testing the theory that you only have to max any two characters to get that trophy. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'll have to go back and max Bahamut and Krystal afterward, heh.

I have Sayuri maxed out and should be maxing Leviathan over the weekend, for testing the theory that you only have to max any two characters to get that trophy. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'll have to go back and max Bahamut and Krystal afterward, heh.

Ok awesome. I look foward to finding out. I haven't had as much time this week so I only have Krystal at 60% - then I'll start on Bahamut. Unless you confirm and then I'll upgrade Sayuri.