Any arcade mode walkthroughs?

Stalemate666

So basically I can't even beat the game on arcade mode once let alone the no death thing. It seems like the only way I can make progress is if I have a laser (though I can make it to like stage 4 with no death with using the laser) but on stage 5 I lost my laser and I couldn't beat the boss, I couldn't figure out his pattern (the last one not the sub-boss) and all my weapons sucked so I got stuck, I was looking at the walktrhoughs in the guide, and they were of course useless since they just spam lasers in rising mode, I need the bosses patterns and tricks (like the stage 3 sub boss if you crouch at the right place it won't hit you) for the other bosses.

Pretty much the only chance I have to beat the game on a no death run without a dlc character is to learn the bosses patterns and stack lasers, so yeah arcade walkthrough where I can actually learn their patterns, I don't think I'll have a problem with the stage 6 bosses and I got the pattern down for most of 7s I'm worried about the last guys first form too though.

Also anyone know what exactly the arcade buffs are? I'm thinking I can practice in rising mode but it's useless if I don't know the exact buffs.

This game was build around Rising Mode, it doesnt matter if you loose your weapon in Rising Mode when you have 30 Lives and 8HP, however Arcade Mode is different, because 1 Hit takes your weapon and leaves you with this awful default weapon.:think:

The entire game is poorly balanced, No death run shows those flaws, no healing Item in 6, no extra lifes in 4, almost no Laser upgrades, garbage Spread Shot before every Boss WTF, 3 Upgrades necessary for max power, but gone with 1 measily hit etc

I can beat Arcade Mode with Bahamut however not good enough for the Trophy, because I die around ~2-3 times when I loose a weapon.

My tips if you don't want to use Sayuri:

Weapons:

Laser, Heavy Machine Gun or Heated Plasma as your Primary weapon, Laser is preferred, however good luck keeping a Laser Lv3 till Mission 8.:think:

Secondary weapon, it may sound silly, but Crash Gun is your weapon of Choice. Why, simple, highest damage output vs. Boss, Boss goes down fast>>less dodging necessary, and Crash Gun easily destroys those Boulders in Level 3, Plants in Level 2 etc

Laser sucks vs. some Boss like Level 3 Boss or Final Boss, Crash Gun is great vs almost all Boss exept Level 4 Boss, but Level 4 Boss is for Laser

but on stage 5 I lost my laser and I couldn't beat the boss, I couldn't figure out his pattern

Stage 5 Boss, well, at the start of the round, aim at one of his arms, arm goes down fast depending on weapon, dodge those lasers from above and watch out for Fireball coming from the far side of the destroyed arm, then destroy arm 2. Boss will now sandwich the player between his arms, try to destroy one of his arms, if not succesfull, crouch in the middle to avoid Fireballs, then dodge small Fireballs, once 1 arm is destroyed, I always run swiftly in the direction of the destroyed arm, thus again dodging the Fireball, then destroy Arm 2. Now comes the final part, depending on weapon, stay in the middle and shoot nonstop at the Boss, and hope he goes down before those ground Lasers hit you, if your weapon sucks, I'm afraid either destroy his Arms AGAIN, and thus shutting down those Lasers, or concentrate on the Boss himself. This Boss is so hard without good weapons

I'm worried about the last guys first form too though.

Crash Gun stuns him, he goes down in a few seconds without a chance of moving once

Laser for Level, Crash Gun for most Bosses, best weapon Combo, better and stronger then Sayuri if you can keep those weapons, Good Luck

I'm using the laser and switch out when I think there's a chance I might get hit method lol so holding onto a secondary weapon isn't really ideal, and yeah I can beat the level 5 boss with a laser but even then I get hit and usually lose it because of those bombs, if you aim straight up you are safe from them but he won't go down faster enough and the low lasers will start to come and it's like impossible to survive that.

I actually just beat the game in arcade as player 2 and didn't get any trophies which pissed me off, and I got good at the last boss with machine gun + plasma (I lost my laser long time ago) I can beat him with only taking one or two hits, and his second form is really easy, the last form seems luck based though with a level 1 crash gun stun him because there's one there, so maybe I can just stun him and use plasma/laser (if i still have) to hit him.

EDIT: wow I just found out mashing the button in arcade mode makes you fire faster, even the laser, everything is alot easier now lol.

Edited by Stalemate666

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello everyone, first of all, sorry for resurrecting an old topic, but I had the same question.

I have been trying to boost the Online Arcade trophy "World Peace", but the videos in the guide show two people playing Rising Mode, with lots of lives, lots of hit points and powered up weapons... Not useful for someone like me using Sayuri with only 3 lives and 3 hit points...

So, I did a bit of searching in Youtube and found these videos by: wtks

This person plays single player Arcade Mode, using Sayuri and runs almost perfectly through it, so I'm now using them as reference for my playthroughs. I take no credit whatsoever for his/her work.

I think it would be great to add at least a reference to them to the trophy guide, with permission of wtks, of course.