Learning Leviathan

MAttbrush

Hi there, My Friend and I are playing through Hard Corps, We have been getting a lot better lately. He uses Sayuri and I use Harley (usually) on arcade mode and we have beat the game a couple of times.

I just switched over to Leviathan because I dont get hit often and I wouldnt mind some grenades to toss at the Big Bosses every now and then!

He has a Lot of moves I am not familiar with but seem very useful, His dodges and backflips seem very awesome when pulled off right and his slide works well to dodge those irritating green stray bullets as well as kick a few guys in the face.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips to learning his moveset a little better, Im essentially just grinding with him with all perks turned off on rising so I can get everything down on each level. Doing so seems to have a very slow progress rate but I guess that is the perk of the character is the bragging rights!

Edited by MAttbrush
Mispell

well one thing I can say there is absoutely no way I can pull a no death run on Arcade with Leviathan in fact I have never heard of anyone pull it off so if you manage to do so then that is beyond superb status. I am still working on this Sayuri no death run and I made it all the way to the part where u have to jump the umbrellas to reach Leviathan but I didnt realize u have to be quicker on the second set and the last umbrella was too low for me to make it (why couldnt they make it to where you can cling to the damn wall:mad:) I have beaten Level 8 without dying on Arcade settings its way easier than Level 7 if you memorize what you need to do. I am thinking about retrying my run again knowing to run double jump the last sets of umbrellas but there is always a time on the train level that gets me alot if im not careful (the part where u have to fight that huge robot and i am too far away from the "sweet spot" to avoid his second wave. Since I died on the umbrella part I wont call it quits since I know what to do. It just takes a good 30-45 minutes for me to get back to that spot and argh, anyway good luck with Levithan.

oh by the way...on the fight with the Vitus Engine instead of trying to avoid its turrets that shoot the lasers just take one out and the other one you can Bullet Reflect the beams back at it making this fight a breeze so as long as u make it on the ceiling.

well I thought the next time i posted on here I'd be saying I got that cursed gold trophy but all I can really say is I did get further...to the end of the Vitus Engine fight. But apparently jump slashing the tall green turret things that are on the top of the ceiling have a 95% chance of hitting you. I was too much in the zone thinking I'm almost there that I didnt try to notice that u cant jump slash the to ones and I wasnt about to run slash because if one of those bullets hit me its game over. So I'm going to disect the strategy for taking those out while i wait for my jaw to come back up from absolute disbelief and shock, maybe its upward slash the top ones and jump slash the bottom ones...I'll figure it out so this wont happen again.

after nearly a month mastering every mission on this game and learning the mandatory "instant death" areas. It finally paid off well, I made it past the Vitus Engine and lost 2 health to Tiberious 1st form but in the end the only thing to get nervous about it the helicopter jump. Right after I defeated Tiberious I kept climbing until I saw the helicopter and my hands were already numb and shaking from the tension of trying to stay alive that last hit point and avoiding falling on Tiberious' last form. But I paused the game right after I got the the platform right beside the helicopter and after a 10 min break I was calm and I made my ascent to one of the platforms above the helicopter and did a simple run double jump making sure Sayuri was in the center when she was in midair and landed almost towards the middle of the helicopter. The relief of getting this is just that a relief but what I among many of gamers had to do to accomplish getting this is another story so good luck to anyone trying to attempt to get this. You will definitely need that, along with skill, practice, memorizing, and most of all patience.