This game fun?

TigreBoo

I know asking in this forum is likely to get me a lot of biased opinions but what's the general thought on this game? I played Contra for the nes and Contra 3 for the snes and loved them both....well except for the top-down levels for Contra 3 which I pretend never existed but the sidescrolling levels were really good. Overall is it really fun like the older games and worth the buy?

Well worth it IMO, although you might wanna wait for a price drop on the DLC characters, except Sayuri, unless you're a fan of Arc System Works.

The gameplay is very similar to Contra, but you have a life bar now, special actions, air dashing, etc. If you like this kind of game, you will enjoy Hard Corps. It's also a challenging and rewarding 100%, if you care about trophies.

Replay value wise, once you get 100% there's no real reason to keep playing, but if you're going for all the trophies you'll be investing a lot of time into this game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe a long shot getting a reply or even someone to read this post, but IMO this is one of the best games I've played in such a long time. It's really one of my top favorite downloadable games... there are so few games that allow repetitive replayability that naturally increases your skills and understanding of the game. At first it seems like pure hell, but keep continuing and don't give up, and soon the game will become almost easy.

The only other games that I've played and felt so in love and rewarded by persistence have been Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Mega Man 9.

It's truly an underrated gem. Maybe if arcade mode was placed under rising mode and instead called Hard Corp ("Hardcore") mode, more noob reviewers would actually have been able to play this game and appreciate the gameplay for what it is.

• 4 months later...