Rapture trophy

Rapture - Hit every stunt Hoop in a Race.

can anyone give any tips on how to get this trophy exactly? What race did you do it on? And does does the boost meter need to fill to max for it to count?

finally got it. i did race 9. i saw the boost meter fill up on every jump and the trophy unlocked before the race ended. delighted.

Edited by supernorm
got the trophy now

• 1 month later...
Rapture - Hit every stunt Hoop in a Race.

can anyone give any tips on how to get this trophy exactly? What race did you do it on? And does does the boost meter need to fill to max for it to count?

finally got it. i did race 9. i saw the boost meter fill up on every jump and the trophy unlocked before the race ended. delighted.

boost meter must fill up to max on every 5 jumps in race 9?

R2 + X on end of ramp then press :triangle:, :square:, :cross: or :circle: button = right?

Edited by hE7EL

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I got it! you need to try and control your speed so you can aim at the stunt hoop properly. You need to go through the middle of the hoop, as just clipping the edge won't do, and you also need to make sure that you press the corresponding button just before you go through the hoop, not as you're going through, or it sometimes won't count. If the boost bar doesn't fill all the way up the jump won't count.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Try level 20 first, but be aware: It may be glitched. Otherwise level 9 is the best level to beat this. The trick is to press the action/stunt-related button before you enter the hoop.

Your 'nitro' bar should always fill to max! So It's handy to use up half your nitro before the next jump.

A few moments ago I GET THIS TROPHY!!!!!

What I did!!!

First the trophy is not GLITCHED.

Second the best place to do this TROPHY LEVEL 9 at the beginning of the game or at the end, you choose.

Third my tactic was so simply, slows a bit when you go to take the ramp, on all the ramps that are around the corner the last 3 in level 9. This will give you control over the penguin and take the ramp straight.

Now for me there was no difference between going through the center or toward either side, so yes, you get to the rim and seconds before touching it, and you must press the button that asks, in such a way to do acrobatics and fall well with full boost bar. The trophy is unlocked before the end of the race.

Now I SO HAPPY, because in the end, hate the game's songs.

ID: dominiumundi

If you need some help, ask it for XD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did level 16. I didn't hit X to jump, just slowed down a turn before the jump (need to memorize the map so you know they're coming), lined up and R2'd at the ramp, hitting the correct button when I was airborne.

After each ramp I'd use up some boost so the next successful jump would fill the gauge (confirmation).

I had to do it successfully twice though. I was sure I had done it properly but no trophy. Did it again and the trophy popped before I hit the finish line.

• 3 weeks later...
I did level 16. I didn't hit X to jump, just slowed down a turn before the jump (need to memorize the map so you know they're coming), lined up and R2'd at the ramp, hitting the correct button when I was airborne.

After each ramp I'd use up some boost so the next successful jump would fill the gauge (confirmation).

I had to do it successfully twice though. I was sure I had done it properly but no trophy. Did it again and the trophy popped before I hit the finish line.

good tactics stork:applause::applause::applause: this should be in the guide once you know where the jumps are it's just a matter of slowing down with :l2:and getting infront of them press :r2: and press the corresponding button before you hit the ring. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Killer strategy. Found it way easier then race 9. Couldnt get it right on race 9 but got it in about 10 min on race 16. Thanks. :dance:

• 1 month later...

i've done level 20 hitting all ramps and stunts and no trophy, this is seriously starting to annoy me now. meant to be an easy plat? yeah right...

edit: finally, got this done on level 9 as nearly all but one ramp is in a straight direction. no amount of skill involved with this trophy, it's pure luck. (the kind of trophy ya hate)

Edited by plisken1979

i've done level 20 hitting all ramps and stunts and no trophy, this is seriously starting to annoy me now. meant to be an easy plat? yeah right...

edit: finally, got this done on level 9 as nearly all but one ramp is in a straight direction. no amount of skill involved with this trophy, it's pure luck. (the kind of trophy ya hate)

That's the reason I recommended in my guide to use Level 9 for Rapture. It's much easier and more straightforward, so "farming" for the trophy would be easier.

But yes. Most hated trophy in the game, next to the grinding one...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Did it in lvl 16. There are only 4 jumps in this level which makes it way much easier than level 9. You don't need to have full boost meter! You will know if you did your acrobatic correctly if there will be a sound+auraeffect on your penguin. On first ramp do not use boost nor jump, on second only boost, third jump only, fourth boost+jump - pling, trophy!

Edited by Smashero

• 1 year later...
Did it in lvl 16. There are only 4 jumps in this level which makes it way much easier than level 9. You don't need to have full boost meter! You will know if you did your acrobatic correctly if there will be a sound+auraeffect on your penguin. On first ramp do not use boost nor jump, on second only boost, third jump only, fourth boost+jump - pling, trophy!

Thankyou, i used your method and got it with no try. Brilliant mate!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you soooooo much for this :applause:. After 5hrs of trying to do this on Lv9, I got here with an additional hour's trying. Whoever designed this trophy must have been a sadist because it's one of the most sadistically hard trophies I've ever had the misfortune of going for :mad:.

• 3 months later...

This is actually my last trophy needed for the (P). I'm wondering how many attempts it's going to require for me.

As suggested I tried both levels 9 and 16 and 16 is definitely the best option (plus there's one jump less). I'll keep trying tomorrow and hopefully I'll have it.

EDIT : I decided to give another try today and finally after a couple of attempts I got it ! Yay !

To every person who's going to attempt this, definitely try it on level 16. It's much easier ! ;)

Edited by Alex Fly

• 3 years later...

Also did it in level 16, as people said it only counts if the landing is perfect and the boost bar fills up, sometimes you land it right, after pressing the correct button but the boost bar doesn't fill and this way will not count. Think i never pressed jump in any ramp, just boost and press the button before going in the circle. Took me about hour and a half to do it with lots of swearing and rage envolved. It is absurd how such an easy platinum has this trophy.