Walkthrough (Spoiler Free)

Cauchy

OK having risen from the depths of hell, I thought I'd throw together a quick guide to getting this platinum. If done properly, I think this game can be platinumed in less than 4 hours.

EDIT: By following this walkthrough, this game has been known to be platinumed in about 3 hours and 13 minutes. Even then, there may be some room for time reduction, as the person who played did not skip all the (useless) dialogue.

1. Play the tutorial. This isn’t required for any of the trophies, but you’ll have no idea what you’re doing during the performances otherwise.

2. Start story mode. During the course of this ridiculous game, you will be asked to do a multitude of menial tasks. Unless you’re compelled by this story (and God help you if you are), you can just scroll through all the mindless drivel. Don’t worry about getting confused, because whenever you are tasked to do something (which almost always means: “go over there and pick that thing up for me and bring it back here”) there is an omnipotent arrow that points you in the necessary direction. Now, at several junctures, you will perform songs. You earn points by properly inputting gestures or completing the in-song mini-games. For each song, there is associated a trophy for completing and unlocking it, getting 5 stars on it and for performing some instrument specific mini-game perfectly. As long as you finish, you'll get the “unlock this song” trophy. Unless you have no hand-eye coordination, you should also get the “5 star this song” trophy. As for the “perfect this mini-game” trophy, these are harder than the others, but still not hard at all. Note that any given song may have multiple mini-game sections for the same instrument and you only need to do one of these perfectly to get associated trophy. Below is the list of songs given in the order that you will encounter them along with the instrument mini-game that you will have to perfect.

Song (Instrument mini-game to perfect)

Pump Up the Party (Singing)

Life’s What You Make It (Keyboard)

Nobody’s Perfect (Keyboard)

I Got Nerve (Singing)

Just Like You (Singing)

Hoedown Throwdown (Guitar)

Old Blue Jeans (Drums)

We Got the Party (Guitar)

Rock Star (Guitar)

You’ll Always Find Your Way Back Home (Drums)

3. At some point (I believe before Rock Star), you will be forced to play all of the mini-games at the county fair that have trophies associated to them. Use this opportunity to go ahead and get them. The frog-hopping and bean bag games' trophies are self-explanatory. For "Bullseye", you must have at least two controllers (but you don't need four). The second controller can be any type of assignable controller (e.g. a Rockband guitar). When you start the horse races mini-game, just turn on the second controller and hit X to have the second player enter. Now, push (and hold) the PS button to reassign the controller to slot 3 and push X to have the third player join. Finally, do the same for player 4. Finish the race and the trophy is yours.

4. Finish the game and reenter story mode to mop up the remaining trophies. If you’ve done everything outlined above, you should only have “Champion Rider”, “Big Spender” and “Fashion Designer” left. First do “Champion Rider”. For this, go to the farm and just ride Old Blue Jeans 9 times. (You should have already riden him once in the game.) Be sure to make as many jumps as you can because they give you tokens and you want these for the next task. When you finish with this trophy, you’re going to want to go to the fair and play the frog hopping game (or the bean bag game) until you have 99 tokens (the maximum you can carry). Others suggest continue riding the horse for tokens, but I don’t think that’s as fast. Now, go shop for clothes until you’ve spent these tokens. You CANNOT buy stickers, shoes or jewelry to count towards you purchases. You must buy tops or bottoms (or both, of course). Including the clothes that you had to buy during the normal progress of the story, you should now unlock “Big Spender”. Finally, go to your tour bus and to the right enter the designer interface. Place stickers on 30 different articles of clothing and you’ll have the last trophy and the platinum.

Edited by Terminator
Removed signature.

Awesome. Platinum # 13 is only a few hours away, lol

TYVM for the guide, did you have a going away party for your penis?

Mine is about to pack up and leave.

ps: your trophy/platinum list is very impressive, with the execption of HM lol.

You're welcome. I kept constant watch on my penis as I was playing and it survived beautifully. :D

I may be overstepping my bounds as a lowly forum member, but could you edit your sig so that your trophy cards are stacked rather than side-to-side. It's kinda screwing with my viewing. Why two cards BTW?

Why two cards BTW?

EU PSN trophycard is very tempermental, but the dude who runs the leaderboards here only accepts that one, hence the 2 cards. On my screen they are stacked. Is it your computer's resolution?

btw fwiw: there are people with HUGE pictures in their sig doing ridiculous things like playing hockey for instance, so it is def out of line to ask me to change or remove a gamercard thats not even big.

btw fwiw: there are people with HUGE pictures in their sig doing ridiculous things like playing hockey for instance, so it is def out of line to ask me to change or remove a gamercard thats not even big.

How about you let the staff decide which sigs are out of line. If anyone sees a sig they think is too big, a quick PM will get our attention and well check it out.

I see how it is TJ, edit me while others make very valid points about their "penises"...ok whatever. Didn't know I crossed a line, sorry.

I have to agree with Swat's decision. Your comment was just a little bit uncalled for there and I would have edited it out too.

Edited by mjc0961

EU PSN trophycard is very tempermental, but the dude who runs the leaderboards here only accepts that one, hence the 2 cards. On my screen they are stacked. Is it your computer's resolution?

When I see your trophy cards, they are side-by-side and for some reason this causes word wrapping issues (for me). If you want them stacked just put a blank line between them. In the end, I don't really care how big you sig is, so long as I can read your post.

Damn, the GTAIV platinum? That negates any lameness of the HM platinum. In fact, it probably negates the lameness of any lame platinum. No "I just want a pile of easy plats" gamer would touch GTAIV.

Vindication at last!

Edited by Cauchy

Best of luck with that. I can't be assed to play the game forever to get all the achievements in the 360 version.

I know what you mean. It's a lot of time to dedicate. But since it can be done in multiple sessions, I'm looking to split the time up the best way I can. Maybe 4 hours and breaking for a day between sessions.

thanks you for the guide

i have one qustion i missed one song didnt get 5 stars on it how can i do it again ? shoul i start over ?? new game

and thanks again

I'm pretty sure you can do a quick play for any of the songs you missed. I'm not 100% sure, since I made sure not to screw up so I wouldn't have to ever go back. ;)

Damn, the GTAIV platinum? That negates any lameness of the HM platinum. In fact, it probably negates the lameness of any lame platinum. No "I just want a pile of easy plats" gamer would touch GTAIV.

The problem with GTA IV platinum is not that its not easy, its extremely irritating. I hear horror tales from some friends who had to do the Auf Petrovis 4 times for the trophy to unlock- thats about 12x 4= 48 hrs, go figure. It requires no skill, just a whole lot of time and luck.

Also, I had completed 3 100% campaigns before the trophy patch came out, so I REALLY can't be arsed right now to play it again. Maybe later in the year.

No skill? I'd say the time missions take plenty of skill. Even with videos of how to do them, you could still screw up if you're not good enough.

And even if I choose to concede your point right now, and say that it is only time consuming, that still removes it from the list of games an "I want a lot of easy plats NAO" gamer would touch.

I was just taking a look at it and from what I can make out he has a few hard/time consuming platinums. Fallout 3, W@W, Mirrors Edge, Wipeout, GTA, Street Fighter, rock Band 2. I cant make out a few of them but all of those take a good amount of time to get, so he must be a really dedicated trophy whore

• 3 weeks later...