[iOS] Family Guy - Official PST Thread

vava

Fox and TinyCo reveal first images of upcoming ‘Family Guy’ game

Back in December, Fox and San Francisco-based mobile gaming studio TinyCo announced that they were partnering up to build a Family Guy game. They didn’t offer up many details about the title, but they did say that it would launch sometime in 2014.

Today, we get to see our first screenshots of the game, and we have to say it looks exactly like we imagined it. In the image above you can see Peter doing his popular injured leg gag, and Chris, Quagmire and Mort all fighting outside of the Drunken Clam…

The game will feature elements of resource management, but its focus will be on character and story, with a “large meta-arc” that will play out many months after release. TinyCo is working closely with the creators of the show to ensure an authentic experience.

And they’ll have a lot of material to work with. Believe it or not, Family Guy has been on the air since 1999 (well, there was a brief, two-year hiatus from 2003-2005) and has recorded 12 full seasons of television. That’s enough to put it well over the 200-episode mark.

Anyway, there’s no word yet on when the game will be released, but TouchArcade believes we could see it as soon as next month. Only time will tell if the game will do for the franchise what ‘Tapped Out‘ has done for The Simpsons. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you updated.

Screenshots:

http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/familyguy1-1024x576.jpg

http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/familyguy2-1024x576.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a The Simpsons Tapped Out dejavu when i saw this :p

My thoughts exactly! But I've always preferred family guy over the Simpsons so I would happily switch over. Not sure I would carry on with both though.

This is the same with me. The Simpsons are awesome, but it has ran its course for me. I know I'll only stick with one, but not sure which one. Just depends on how well the Family Guy game is set up and plays.

Pretty excited!

Looks like Tapped Out, like everyone above me is saying..

EDIT:

This article says that it is set for an April 2014 release on Android and iOS devices

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/14/family-guy-first-mobile-game-images-do-the-simpsons-tapped-out-dance/

Edited by Gunner63095

• 2 weeks later...

I'll play it if it has some of the things people mentioned above. My biggest concern is the in-game currency hopefully these TinyCo guys aren't selfish bastards like EA. Also the loading times will be a big thing for me I get so tired of looking at TSTO screen.

Another thing I think about is the familiarity of all the buildings and characters. I know Family Guy and have watched it for the past 10 years but I don't know any of the town really like I do with the Simpsons. So idk it may lose its appeal after a short while. I really don't want to add another game to my routine though I already have TSTO and Underworld Empire sucking me dry :(