Emulators on your Smartphone

I have found SNES, NES, and Game Boy emulator phone apps that works. You can go to google on your phone and type in any game ROM you like and it will play it (the app itself has its own search bar, so it will take you drectly to the search list of ROMS. I tried to get the Genesis/Mega Drive emulator to work with a Sega game ROM, but it's not doing the same what the Nintendo console brand emulators are doing.

Now the controller for these emulators on your smartphone can at times be hard to handle on your phone

• 2 weeks later...

I have several emulators on my phone too, and I agree, the controls need fixing at times because controlling the character and playing basically becomes more difficult when the touch screen isn't responding the way you'd like it to respond. I play several games like Pokemon (almost all series), sparks slot machine, and other adventure games (even the old Prince of Persia) on my Android with the aide of an emulator and later levels become challenging because of the controls. But, beggars can't be choosers, I guess. I'm thankful for these emulators even though they conspire against me sometimes.

Edited by Speedkills

The NES Legend of Zelda ROM game tells you that the game's save feature doesn't work and whenever you save your game (like you do back in the day with its save feature) and you come back to it, the save file won't be there and you have to start all over as new game.

I find the Emulator save slots helpful whenever you made a lot of progress and you don't want to risk everything you got up to the point of the game. I'm playing Castlevania and I save in the slot everytime I pass a tough platform or some hazard to get by without getting killed

However, these emulators can freeze up on you:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sometimes these emulators will freeze up on ya. I'm not sure if that is the case with all phones (and Iphones) or some android devices whichever phone version you have. I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 and most of the time the emulator works

the retro console emulator that will never work, no matter which app you get is the N64. And that is a shame because most of my fondest memory comes from the Nintendo 64 and had such awsome games to go back to including games that I never gotten to play or rent at Blockbuster because they were always taken. The N64 emulators are so glitchy, some which where the games flicker and audio is disorted