[iOS] BioShock

vava

Original BioShock coming to iOS

The original BioShock is coming to iOS, 2K Games announced.

Due out later this summer and compatible with iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, and iPad 4, Mini 2, and Air, the game will offer optimized touch controls and full Made for iPhone game controller support.

The game will be “premium priced” and promises the “true triple-A first-person shooter game experience” offered by the original release.

BioShock is Coming to iOS, and We've Played It - GS News Breakdown

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!!! :rant:

Who will buy this anyway? Console gamers who have already played the original? Why waste money on a downgrade. The Angry Birds playing train commuters? I highly doubt that.

I don't know how you can sufficiently play an FPS on a touchscreen anyway.

:thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!!! :rant:

Who will buy this anyway? Console gamers who have already played the original? Why waste money on a downgrade. The Angry Birds playing train commuters? I highly doubt that.

I don't know how you can sufficiently play an FPS on a touchscreen anyway.

:thumbsdown:

I wholeheartedly agree, but strangely enough many people are buying these type of games on phones. The reason might be that these people never had the opportunity to play games with proper controls. People who game on PC or consoles throughout their lives don't like these, but the younger generation don't know any better.

You guys. The game only works on the newest versions of all apple devices. So you need iPhone 5/5S, Newest iPad (I believe 3)...BUT! This game does not work on any current iPods....

Unfortunately that's how it has been with developers in recent history. iPods don't get the love the newer hardware gets mainly because of that fact. The new devices have the hardware capable of running these high-horsepower games.

I can't really say it's anyone's loss to not play it on iOS. I'd much rather play it on PC (where I'm sure you can grab it off of Steam for less than $15) or on a console (where I'm sure you could get it used for less than $15)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't understand who this is aimed at, BioShock is such an engrossing and atmospheric game that playing it on a mobile device in short bursts with touch screen just sounds wrong plus the fact (as far as I'm aware) the game only goes up to and including the Smugglers Hideout which misses out anything from Arcadia till the end (including the 'big moment') it isn't even the complete story.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...