Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Galaxy S5... which one?

Infinitez

I'm on the last week of my trip and I'm deciding whether or not I should take advantage of tax-free shopping and get a new phone. At the moment, I'm debating on Samsung's Galaxy S4 or S5, and I'd just like to see what the community's opinions are on them (especially if you own one of the above).

I'd be more than happy to get either one, but I'm leaning for S4 at the moment and I'd just like some feedback from people who are familiar with these phones. On one hand, I feel like the S4 is more than enough to satisfy my needs for a phone (mainly call/text/internet browsing/camera/functionality) but S5 seems to be able to do them better and faster, albeit with a lot of preinstalled shiz on there for things like fingerprint scanning and everything. For a price difference of $129 I don't know if I'll actually use the extra functions. But the processor is apparently a lot faster.

So basically, I just want to know what you guys would choose. I still have a week to decide but I'd rather get it sooner than later.

Are you dead set on a Samsung? Personally I've had many Android devices, and the Samsungs are all full of bloatware, and are generally not very reliable.

Personally I'm loving my Nexus 5 right now, so I'd opt for that if you have the choice. Much easier to manage the phone without Samsung waving their shit in your face.

• 2 weeks later...

I've owned the Galaxy S4 since the initial release, having upgraded from a Galaxy S2. The S5 of course has better everything (processor, graphics, battery), but the few upgrades didn't impress me enough to want to say, I need to get the S5. Personally I'm waiting on the Galaxy Note 4 release.

If you're on a budget and don't mind having a year+ old phone then the S4 is a good pickup. If you feel you want a more up to date phone then the S5 is good though most likely in the upcoming months it will be replaced by something else.

Right now is probably the least efficient time to buy a galaxy s5, the next cycle of phones will be coming out this winter including the iphone 6 (my galaxy s4 was dropped a few days ago and the lcd was no longer working). I bought a Galaxy S5 anyways because best buy was selling them for $100 with the upgrade I had available.

Before my S4 broke, it was working completely fine with all of the most current apps. The internet ran fast, applications were still running smoothly.

I would say if you can get an S4 for close to free, then do it. If you can find a really good deal on a Galaxy s5 ($100 USD or less), then that is a good choice as well.