Hitman Go (IOS)

vava

Hitman Go announced (turn based strategy, first image, Square Enix Montreal)

We’re very excited about the new Hitman game that our friends at Io-Interactive are developing, but as you might know, we’re creating other Hitman-related things here and we want to share some of our plans with you.

We’ve been working hard here at Square Enix Montréal to come up with unique tablet/smartphone games that would fit the Hitman franchise (yes we said it: tablet/smartphone – let us explain). We had total creative freedom to explore this and see what we could come up with – something separate to the AAA game that is being developed at IOI, but something which still retained the essence of what a Hitman game is. This was a lot of fun and we decided to develop something quite different and, we hope, totally unexpected.

So, we’d like to introduce you to Hitman GO.

Hitman GO is a turn-based strategy game with beautifully rendered diorama-style set pieces. You will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out your target or infiltrate well-guarded locations. You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises, distractions, sniper rifles and even 47’s iconic Silverballers.

We developed the game with a small core team, which allowed us to iterate fast, come up with solutions more easily and embrace a development style that felt very fresh for us. When we pitched this slightly leftfield concept to the team at IOI, they absolutely loved it. Now, Hitman GO is almost ready for launch and you might even read about it online in the coming weeks as we do some testing to make sure it’s all working properly before we launch it globally.

We know not all of you will love mobile games but for those who are interested, we’ll share news with you here from time to time. Our next update may be sooner than you think as we’ve been working on something else here at Square Enix Montréal that fits perfectly within the Hitman fantasy – and you won’t have to wait too long for it either…!

And now it’s over to you. We know this isn’t a huge amount of information to go on, but we’re very eager to know what you think. You can send a tweet to either @SquareEnixMtl or @Hitman – or take to the forums.

But now, we’ll hand the blog back to the IOI guys to talk a bit more about the next AAA Hitman game again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This is riddled with Micro-transactions :(:

http://i.imgur.com/9I8fT4z.png

I bought Hitman Go when it was on sale last December on Amazon (US) for my Android tablet and finally got around to playing it last week. I was a bit wary of the micro-transaction aspect, but I have since put in 4-5 hours (completing the first two chapters) and I have yet to be prompted to purchase anything. I even looked to find where I might purchase something and have yet to find an in-game store.

Maybe the US version is different or maybe there's a free version that hits you with the micro-transactions. Regardless, you don't need hints because a walkthrough of every level is available on YouTube, and you automatically unlock the next chapter as you complete the one before. If you complete enough level objectives (2-3 per level), you accumulate enough points to unlock later chapters early, but I personally would play them in the given order anyway.

EDIT: By the way, this is a very enjoyable game, the perfect tablet diversion while watching sports on TV. I hope it gets a PS4/Vita port so I can earn some trophies!

Edited by Satnamji