GRA - Named NCR and Legion

Rolks

So, I was trying to figure out who and where were these people I can kill, and I started making a list. If anyone else has found any other people that fill this list, please add. The Legion list is very small, I've only found 13 so far, and I already killed like 4 of them in my main playthrough and may have to restart if I want to do that one. So your help is greatly appreciated:

NCR

Aerotech Office Park - Captain Parker

Bitter Springs - Captain Giles and Lieutenant Markland

Boulder City - Lieutenant Moore

Camp Forlorn Hope - Major Joseph Palati

Camp McCarren - Colonel James Hsu, Lieutenant Carrie Boyd, Lieutenant Gorobets, Major Dhatri (Does Captain Ronald Curtis count if he is a Legion spy?)

Camp Nelson - Ranger Milo

Freeside - Major Elizabeth Kieran

Helios One - Lieutenant Haggerty

Hidden Valley - Ranger Dobson

Hoover Dam - Colonel Cassandra Moore, Ranger Grant, General Lee Oliver, Ranger Stevens

Mohave Outpost - Ranger Ghost, Ranger Jackson, Major Knight

NCR Embassy (New Vegas Strip) - Captain Maria Pappas

NCR Sharecropper Farms - Lieutenant Romanowski

Novac - Ranger Andy

Primm - Lieutenant Hayes

Ranger Station Alpha - Ranger Rebecca Lineholm, Comm Officer Castillo

Ranger Station Bravo - Ranger Ericsen, Comm Officer Tilden

Ranger Station Charlie - Comm Officer Stepinac

Ranger Station Delta - Ranger Pason, Comm Officer Scheffer

Ranger Station Echo - Ranger Erasmus, Comm Officer Green

Ranger Station Foxtrot - Ranger Kudlow, Comm Officer Lenk

Vault 3 - Bryce Anders

Legion

Camp McCarren - Silus (Does Captain Ronald Curtis count as he is a Legion spy?)

Camp Nelson - Dead Sea

Caesar's Legion safehouse - Atticus

Cottonwood Cove - Aurelius of Phoenix, Canyon Runner, Cursor Lucillus, Decanus Severus

Hoover Dam - Cato Hostilius

Legate's Camp - Legate Lanius

Nipton - Gabban, Vulpes Inculta

Red Rock Canyon - Karl

Techitticup Mine - Alexus

The Fort - Antony, Caesar, Lucius, Otho (and Lucillus and Inculta again)

The Vegas Strip - Alerio

That's it ... any ideas for more?

Edited by Rolks
thanks corky

See here: Armed For Bear - The Vault, the Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more and here: Against All Tyrants - The Vault, the Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more :D.

Great Idea BTW, it'll save people from having to work through the Wiki :).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

There has never been a respawn in my game. Does he respawn at Cottonwood Cove?

Yes, his name is Alex or something and he comments on what heppened to Cursor. I don't know how many days it takes, or if you need to be on good standing with the legion.

I can't find it on the wiki so I can't confirm it.

Edited by MicrobeSS

The challenge with the named Legion members indeed is a lot tougher. I was lucky enough I was playing all my DLC (and this one too, then) continuing from a point in the main quest line just before I started doing Ring-A-Ding (after having done almost all the side quests, so finishing the story was pretty much a formality, but I still could get the Mark of Caesar so I could go to the Legion Fort)... but still... I was worried for a few seconds I would not find enough.

Yeah I hate all these story related kills challenges (Mr. House, President Kimball and such) because I used my 30 level character and my save was just before the battle of Hoover Dam, and I pretty much wiped out everyone in the Fort, plus Mr. House is dead and Kimball is now on holidays far away from the Mojave so there go 5 challenges that are impossible for me.

It's still possible to get the trophies, but now I have to kill the freaking cazadores with Long Fuse Dynamites.

They really should have released this DLC 1st as a lot of people are going to have to start over to get these challenges.

I do sort of agree with that. I mean, I can understand where the developers came from here: it is fun to go back and kill all these key story players... but if you don't have a save from just before the point of no return, you're screwed out of a few challenges.

Honestly, if I had to start a new game just to get one of the challenges I needed for a trophy, I would just forget about it and accept I would not be getting my 100% back. With all the crashing and freezing (I still remember the game crashed on me for the first time when I entered the character creation screen, not even 15 minutes into the game), there's no way I would put in more time with this game.

I started a new game just for this DLC and it's been fun, no freezing or lag. Not like a new game at release, that was hell. It's taking me longer than it probably would if I'd used my level 50 character, but it's saving me a lot of frustration too.

I do have to say though that I was hoping there would be even more challenges for this DLC. It's a huge world, they could have really made some interesting ones. Oh well.

Really? My game gets choppy every now and then - certain areas get a lot laggier than usual when I walk into them and I now I have to completely exit out of the game every few hours.

It's like the main game is copying off OWB's overworld now and it all happened once GRA was installed...and they won't be any more patches ever now so I've gotta reinstall the DLC without it once I'm done with this.

Really? My game gets choppy every now and then - certain areas get a lot laggier than usual when I walk into them and I now I have to completely exit out of the game every few hours.

It's like the main game is copying off OWB's over-world now and it all happened once GRA was installed...and they won't be any more patches ever now so I've gotta reinstall the DLC without it once I'm done with this.

I don't know what GRA has done to the world but it's upped the amount of lag and freezing to ridiculous levels and for some reason it gets particularly bad if I go to Lonesome Road then return.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

I don't know what GRA has done to the world but it's upped the amount of lag and freezing to ridiculous levels and for some reason it gets particularly bad if I go to Lonesome Road then return.

Which will probably start happening to me when my save file gets to 10MB, right now it's between 5MB and 6MB. I'll be done with the trophies by then though, fortunately. :p

The challenge with the named Legion members indeed is a lot tougher. I was lucky enough I was playing all my DLC (and this one too, then) continuing from a point in the main quest line just before I started doing Ring-A-Ding (after having done almost all the side quests, so finishing the story was pretty much a formality, but I still could get the Mark of Caesar so I could go to the Legion Fort)... but still... I was worried for a few seconds I would not find enough.

I got 9 legion named ppl in Cottonwood Cove and the Fort, and just went to Techatticup Mine to kill Alexus to get 10. Not that hard.

I tried Cottonwood Cove but only found 6 Named Legion and with them dead I couldn't get to the fort and I'd already Wiped out the mine.

If you don't have a save from MUCH earlier in the game, a lot of the challenges are not completable.

To get to the fort, go down to the docks, stand on the raft, look down an it should say travel to The Fort :D

For NCR, I don't see Captain Marie Pappas listed here, or on the wiki. She's at the NCR Embassy (Vegas Strip south section). I confirmed that she counts using a ripper. I was also sure that I had more than one kill at Camp Forlorn Hope, but it turns out that Hayes, Gorobets, and other NPCs transfer there at some point later in the game.

As for the discussion about the DLC, I agree that it should have been released much earlier. To me, it seems more of a cash grab, or possibly that they chose not to spend time and money on one of their usual full fledged DLCs.

It also sucks that some people will need to start a new playthrough just for a few of the challenges. With a level 50 character, I got all the trophies no problem. The real challenge was just getting them done with a >12MB save file :D