Gundemonium Recollection - Road Map & Trophy Guide

GUNDEMONIUM

RECOLLECTION

ROAD MAP & TROPHY GUIDE

• Estimated Difficulty: 8/10.
  • Estimated Time to 100%: 10-20 Hours (Depends on one's skill).
  • Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 4 (8+ Recommended).

• Offline Trophies: 12 (8(B), 3(S), 1(G)).
  • Online Trophies: 0.

• Glitched Trophies: 0.
  • Missable Trophies: 0.

Introduction

Gundemonium Recollection is one of the three "bullet hell" shooters in the same series as Hitogata Happa and GundeadliGne. It is extremely fun, but as the name "bullet hell" would imply, it can be difficult/frustrating for even the most seasoned veterans of the genre. There is no secret or trick to it (aside from "don't die" and "shoot stuff"), the trophies are all about raw skill. Consider this a fair warning. :)

Gundemonium Recollection has a dynamic difficulty system known as "Phase Level." Phase Level can shift on the fly depending on your actions/performance, ie. Bomb Attacks and Deaths will make it decrease, whereas Friction Breaks and Onslaughts will make it increase. A low Phase Level means easy enemies, whereas a high Phase Level will have harder enemies. The main difference between the 4 difficulty levels is the maximum Phase Level:

Novice = Maximum of Phase Level 2.

Revised = Maximum of Phase Level 5.

Unlimited = Phase Level is Unlimited.

Demonic = Phase Level is Always 11.

There are unlockable characters/modes like in Hitogata Happa. They are also *much* harder than those in Hitogata Happa, as the requirement to unlock them is collecting 24 Play Orders (In-Game Achievements) -or- defeating Elixirel Daath (See Betelgeuse (G) for more information on this boss) which is one of the hardest tasks in the game. Thankfully, none of the unlockables are related to the trophy set, so I won't delve into the details here.

Without further ado...

Road Map

Here is an outline of the trophies that can be earned in each of the 5 Chapters:

• Any Chapter(s) - Achernar (S) and Hadar (S)

• Chapter 1 "Moonlight Ball" - None
  • Chapter 2 "Super Train Robbery" - Aldebaran (B)
  • Chapter 3 "Azure Sea" - Arided (B)
  • Chapter 4 "Gundemonium" - Altair (B) and Trapezium (B)
  • Chapter 5 "Proxy of Original Sin" - Betelgeuse (G) and Sombrero (B)

• Clear Novice Difficulty - Antares (B)
  • Clear Revised Difficulty - Canopus (B)
  • Clear Unlimited Difficulty - Arcturus (B)
  • Clear Demonic Difficulty - Kentarus (S)

Step 1: First Playthrough on Novice Difficulty.

Determine the character you like most (including all of the Custom Earl RIGs, there are 25 at the beginning) and learn/memorize all of her strengths and weaknesses as well as those of the enemies. You will earn Antares (B) upon completion of this playthrough. Focus on acquiring Achernar (S) along the way, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Step 2: More Playthroughs on Novice Difficulty

Once you are comfortable with the characters and the enemies/stages, continue on Novice Difficulty and aim for Arided (B), Altair (B), Trapezium (B), and Sombrero (B). If you're good, you can also acquire Hadar (S) at this time. Don't move on to Step 3 until you have 6 or 7 out of 12 Trophies and are feeling confident.

Step 3: Playthrough on Revised Difficulty.

Revised Difficulty will be a bit harder as there is no Automatic Counter Bombing and the maximum Phase Level will increase to 5. If you didn't earn Aldebaran (B) and Hadar (S) on Novice Difficulty, aim for them starting now. You will earn Canopus (B) upon completion of this playthrough.

Step 4: Playthrough on Unlimited Difficulty.

Unlimited Difficulty will be even harder. Focus on acquiring Betelgeuse (G) here as this difficulty setting is the most accommodating to Elixirel Daath. You will earn Arcturus (B) upon completion of this playthrough.

Step 5: Playthrough on Demonic Difficulty

Demonic Difficulty is nothing short of complete and total insanity. Enemies are aggressive, fast, and will assault you w/ an absurd amount of bullets. You will earn Kentarus (S) upon completion of this playthrough, and if you haven't already acquired Betelgeuse (G), continue to aim for it here. If you've made it this far, good luck!

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/01.jpg Sombrero (B)

Obtain 4 life items.

Defeat each of the following Mini-Bosses *all in one game, without continuing/dying* to receive their Life Items:

- Pamelah (Chapter 2-C).

- Mariel Deux (Chapter 3-B).

- Pamelah Deux (Chapter 4-B).

- Elixirel Chesed (Chapter 5).

Pamelah, Mariel Deux, and Pamelah Deux are all fairly straight-forward, but Elixirel Chesed (one of the forms of the last boss) is a little tricky. Elixirel will create clones of herself, one in each of the four corners on the screen:

Clone A - - - - - Clone C

Clone B - - - - - Clone D

The four clones will start to move vertically toward each other. Clone A will combine with Clone B, and Clone C will combine with Clone D:

Clone AB - - - - - Clone CD

At this point, Clone AB will start moving to the right, and Clone CD will start moving to the left. In order to earn the Life Item, you must destroy Clone CD *before it can combine* with Clone AB. The easiest way to do this is to use Earl RIG 222 (Drill Shot) and position yourself to the left of Clone AB. With the Drill Shot, you can fire through Clone AB to hit Clone CD as well as spam Bomb Attacks and Mana Attacks.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/02.jpg Antares (B)

Clear Novice Mode.

See Kentarus (S).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/03.jpg Canopus (B)

Clear Revised Mode.

See Kentarus(S).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/04.jpg Arcturus (B)

Clear Unlimited Mode.

See Kentarus(S).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/06.jpg Aldebaran (B)

Defeat 16 Cyclones in one game.

Cyclones are enemy pumpkins w/ a shield found in Chapter 2-B. Several of the Cyclones will have the word "Shoot" beside them. Under normal circumstances, we want to destroy these "Shoot" Cyclones in order to advance through the stage. For the purposes of this trophy, however, we want to avoid the "Shoot" Cyclones at all costs, as destroying them will make the rest disappear.

Cyclones are a bit more resilient than the other enemies, but if you use Earl RIG 444 (or a Custom RIG that has a Photon Shot) you can one-shot them.

I recommend doing this on Revised Mode because of the fact that Automatic Counter Bombing is enabled on Novice Mode. If you are accidentally hit on Novice Mode, it will trigger a Bomb Attack that has the potential to destroy the "Shoot" Cyclones.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/07.jpg Arided (B)

Defeat Slayer while destroying only the main body.

Slayer is a Mini-Boss found in Chapter 3-B. It is an enormous sword surrounded by 12 smaller swords that revolve around the main body and act as a shield.

You cannot destroy any of the smaller swords for this trophy, so choose Earl RIG 333 (or a Custom RIG that has a Laser Shot) as this shot is the most precise. Ironically, I earned this trophy on accident with Earl RIG 222 (Drill Shot), so that too is a viable option.

Try to aim between the smaller swords and hit the main body. Precise shooting is the key. If you accidentally destroy one or more of the smaller swords, you can choose "Restart Area" from the menu to try again.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/08.jpg Altair (B)

Defeat Phaser after letting it kill you twice.

Phaser is a Mini-Boss found in Chapter 4-C. When his health is low, he'll charge at you extremely fast from the right side of the screen to the left side. Whether he hits or misses, he'll reappear on the right side of the screen and continue charging to the left, faster and faster each time.

You need to enter the battle w/ Phaser with at least 3 Lives. When he starts charging at you, stop shooting and let him hit you twice. Then resume evading/shooting back at Phaser and finish him off for the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/09.jpg Trapezium (B)

Perform a 1,000-Hit Combo in 1 Area.

This is extremely easy to do in Chapter 4-D if you use Earl RIG 111 (or a Custom RIG that has a Rain Bomb). Chapter 4-D has a ton of "debris" on the screen that you have to shoot away to prevent it from closing in on your character. Shooting the debris counts as a hit, and if you arrive at this area w/ 5x Rain Bombs, you can simply spam Bomb Attacks. The Rain Bombs will hit all the debris on the screen multiple times and you'll rack up a 1000-Hit Combo in a matter of a few seconds.

Edited by Aeliana

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/624/05.jpg Kentaurus (S)

Clear Demonic Mode.

Novice Mode (Easy), Revised Mode (Normal), Unlimited Mode (Hard), and Demonic Mode (Insane) are all available from the start, and clearing each of the aforementioned modes earns you 3 (B) and 1 (S). The main difference between the difficulty modes is the aggressiveness of the enemies due to a higher maximum Phase Level.

If you die, don't worry, you can continue as many times as necessary and it won't adversely affect the trophies. Also, you can change the Default Lives from 3 to 5 in the Game Config menu.

(Note: Scores earned on Default Lives settings other than 3 will not be ranked on the online leaderboards. Use 5 Lives for the trophies, then switch back to 3 to see how your scores stack up to the rest of the world!)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/10.jpg Achernar (S)

Obtain 1,000 Gems in 1 Area.

This will come naturally en route to the other trophies. Destroy as many enemies as you can, as quickly as you can, and try to create Friction Breaks. Friction Breaks turn all of the bullets on the screen into Gems - See Hadar (S) for more information.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/624/11.jpg Hadar (S)

Perform 4 Friction Breaks in 1 Game.

Friction occurs when bullets pass through the character's body, but do not strike her hit box. You will know Friction's occurring when "sparks" fly out of the character and the Friction Meter at the top of the screen increases. When the Friction Meter increases to a certain point (1st Friction Break is at 500, 2nd is at 1000, 3rd is at 1500 and so forth) a Friction Break occurs and all of the bullets on the screen turn to Gems. Refer to the video under the Betelgeuse (G) trophy to see a Friction Break, it happens at 0:15.

For this trophy, you need to execute 4 Friction Breaks in 1 Game. Fly close to enemy bullets (without allowing them to touch the hit box, of course) in order to amass more Friction and create Friction Breaks. This will be easier to do on higher difficulties, as there will be more bullets on the screen at a given time due to the higher maximum Phase Level.

This shouldn't be too difficult, as the final boss has *a lot* of bullet waves in store for you. ;) It's not uncommon for me to Friction Break 4+ times in the final battle alone, so if you are good enough to beat the game in the first place, Hadar (S) will come naturally en route to the other trophies.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/624/12.jpg Betelgeuse (G)

Defeat Elixirel Daath.

Elixirel Daath is the "true last boss" that has severely strict requirements to make spawn. In fact, simply spawning her is much harder than the battle itself. Of the three Gold Trophies in Hitogata Happa, Gundemonium Recollection and GundeadliGne, this one is the most difficult.

At the time you deliver the final blow to the last boss, you must have...

1. Ability of at least 100:

Ability is a hidden stat that is only visible on the "Game Over" screen, therefore you won't know the Ability you're at until it's too late. Here are a few of the factors involved in determining decreases/increases in Ability (Thanks to Kawaii Mikage over at GameFAQs):

Amount of Levels Played: +1 for every Level Played.

Phase Level: Bonus based on current Phase Level in relation to the max, multiplied by Levels Played.

Onslaughts: +1 for every Onslaught.

Score: +1 for every 100,000 Points.

Deaths: -1 for every Death.

Bombs: -1 for every 2 Bomb Attacks.

To summarize, as a general set of rules:

- Don't die.

- Don't use Bomb Attacks.

- Focus on earning Onslaughts.

Onslaughts occur when you kill a certain number of enemies in rapid succession, and it is another hidden stat on the "Game Over" screen. Onslaughts are the easiest way to increase Ability.

2. Phase Level of at least 5:

Therefore, Novice Mode is out of the question - You need to do this on Revised Mode, Unlimited Mode, or Demonic Mode. Unlimited Mode is the most accommodating because there is no cap on the maximum Phase Level.

3. Transmigration:

After delivering the final blow to the last boss, the word "TRANSMIGRATE" will appear at the bottom of the screen. Once the word appears, immediately use a Bomb Attack (Naturally, you must conserve at least 1 Bomb until the end of the battle in order to do this) and "TRANSMIGRATE" will be replaced with "COMPLETED!" if you were successful. You are then taken to the true last boss battle with Elixirel Daath - Refer to the following video to learn/memorize her attack patterns and how to best evade them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEDi49oqsg8]YouTube- Gundemonium Recollection - Elixirel Daath[/ame]

Note: If Elixirel Daath does not appear after a successful Transmigration, it is because your Ability and/or Phase Level were too low. There are only a couple seconds to do the Transmigration, and if you are too slow, Elixirel Daath will not appear.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing Tiles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This game is pretty crazy. I'm stuck on Chapter 5 for Novice, though... I'm guessing I can't change my character or weapon without overwriting my save/continue file, eh?

Correct. You can continue as many times as you want with the same character, but if you wanna change characters, you'll need to start over at the beginning.

just as an FYI, the requirements for the betelgeuse trophy you posted are not confirmed.

people are having problems with this trophy and some might believe it is glitched. i for one had 120 onslaught 15 million points and phase level 5 and did transmigrate and she did not appear. according to your guide she should, but that is not the case.

therefore i would add a footnote to your guide about that trophy because unless you can confirm it 100% (with a video) and i doubt you can, what you have posted is not correct.

those requirements do indeed work for the pc version but for the playstation it is unknown.

im outi

HeaT

• Sad 1

Oddly enough when I was going for Sombrero I ended with only 6 hearts. The heart from Stage 4 didn't give me an extra life but the trophy still popped when I got the last one on Stage 5.

just as an FYI, the requirements for the betelgeuse trophy you posted are not confirmed.

people are having problems with this trophy and some might believe it is glitched. i for one had 120 onslaught 15 million points and phase level 5 and did transmigrate and she did not appear. according to your guide she should, but that is not the case.

therefore i would add a footnote to your guide about that trophy because unless you can confirm it 100% (with a video) and i doubt you can, what you have posted is not correct.

those requirements do indeed work for the pc version but for the playstation it is unknown.

im outi

HeaT

I went over to the GameFaqs board after having the same thing happen to me and they are having the same issues. I can confirm those are the requirements as they were on the PC, so either something was changed or something is bugging.

Edited by Kheapathic

Oddly enough when I was going for Sombrero I ended with only 6 hearts. The heart from Stage 4 didn't give me an extra life but the trophy still popped when I got the last one on Stage 5.

I went over to the GameFaqs board after having the same thing happen to me and they are having the same issues. I can confirm those are the requirements as they were on the PC, so either something was changed or something is bugging.

Yeah maybe only on PC works, geez today I do the game without losin all the Heart, and no secret bosss, I only unlocked the mission mode <_<

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This game is incredibly hard to 100%. i just can't get the ability level to come up to 100 to fight the final secret boss. Well as they say practice makes perfect.

PSN's hardest 100% in my opinion. Do you have any tips for the Stage 3 on demonic? The bosses are very easy to deal with but some parts have just an absurd amount enemies and their projectiles. I was wondering if anyone had found some safe spot or some consistent strategy other than absolute insane reaction dodging.

Edit: Nvm. Just finished my Demonic playthrough. The stage 5 was a lot easier compared to say, stage 2 or 3.

Edit2: I've been trying to spawn Elixirel Daath these few days and for further reference, the Guide is misleading, at least with the part "100,000 score for +1" as I had 84 onslaughts, 35 million points, 17 deaths and 15 used bombs (they are used to kill some bosses faster to acquire more onslaughts) on unlimited and my Ability was 97. It's probably "1,000,000 score for +1" Btw. has anyone actually managed to spawn her on revised? I can do revised with pretty much zero deaths and plus 90 onslaughts with Ability being always more than hundred, but she won't spawn. Tricky one this is. Still scoreboards show at least 3 players with this trophy so it's not glitched. Maybe you have to use 3 hearts?

Edited by Synophis

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide, this is my next challenge for 100% after I finished Hitogata Happa... so far not as difficult as my first impression of the game was.... but still pretty f'in hard. This game is more difficult to complete than Hitogata Happa, IMO b/c in HH you can just spam dolls all day long, and there's no ZOC at all.

Hoping to get 100% (seems possible given there are all of the trophy images available)... a bit worried about Demonic run and Elixirel Daath though.

edit: Just had to say "wow", Demonic mode is ridiculous... Hitogata Happa is basically a joke in comparison. -.-

Edited by Buster-K

• 3 months later...
I have been trying to 100% all 3 of these 'bullet hell' games on the PS3 to 100% and my god.. Does anyone have any tips for Stage 2 on Demonic difficulty? i can sometimes make it up to the 2C but only with 1 life left :(

Who do you use? I use Earl 211 and it's especially helpful to use those bombs at the parts where it's near impossible to dodge. (the pumpkins, etc.) The boss is quite easy. I managed to do it without losing a single heart. IMO the hardest trophy in that game is the Betelguese trophy because the stats needed to fight her are unknown and it's possibly beleived that it's glitched since many have met the proposed requirements for it but has not appeared at all.

• Sad 1

Who do you use? I use Earl 211 and it's especially helpful to use those bombs at the parts where it's near impossible to dodge. (the pumpkins, etc.) The boss is quite easy. I managed to do it without losing a single heart. IMO the hardest trophy in that game is the Betelguese trophy because the stats needed to fight her are unknown and it's possibly beleived that it's glitched since many have met the proposed requirements for it but has not appeared at all.

I play as Eryth (Got kinda stuck to her since i almost killed that damned Demonic babelforge on the other bullet hell with her xD) And as for the Betelguese Trophy, im not worried at all about that one cause i can litrally play this game over and over and not get bored!

And anyways, she denfinatly possible since people have the trophy on the PS3 so i know it isnt impossible.

Edited by Orphiooon
  • Like 1

I play as Eryth (Got kinda stuck to her since i almost killed that damned Demonic babelforge on the other bullet hell with her xD) And as for the Betelguese Trophy, im not worried at all about that one cause i can litrally play this game over and over and not get bored!

And anyways, she denfinatly possible since people have the trophy on the PS3 so i know it isnt impossible.

I know it's possible but I think it's only 3 registered user who have it I believe? I'm just saying that the information given to us to unlock is very scarce. The thing I did notice is that when I asked them they did it in unlimited mode with the maximum phase level achieved so I guess I'll go for that then. Wow Babelforge already beaten? And with Eryth? Thats pretty damn good right there dude.

Edited by zeldafinalfantasyfan

I know it's possible but I think it's only 3 registered user who have it I believe? The thing I did notice is that when I asked them they did it in unlimited mode with the maximum phase level achieved so I guess I'll go for that then. Wow Babelforge already beaten? And with Eryth? Thats pretty damn good right there dude.

I said almost beaten xD i got it down to like a tenth left of HP, if i manage to kill it ill post a recording to the site ASAP.

i have been thinking that it maybe could possibly have something to do with the play orders? like getting a certain amount of them or achieving a certain them on the spawning run?

At least its narrowed down to unlimited mode, i was having bad thoughts about running through demonic with no deaths..

Edited by Orphiooon