Who's next? trophy

StarFoxMania

Is it just me or is this by far the most ridiculously impossible trophy ever made? Forget Warhawk, Ninja Gaiden or street fighter. This is a whole new level on the meaning of "crazy". I've only beat 2 demonic challenges so far, 44 more to go, lol. Please offer tips (like character selection, time to use mana, etc) if you manage to beat some of them and let's keep this thread strictly related to this trophy. Fun game regardless :)

P.S: Can't believe it's only a silver too. If that's not worth gold, I don't know what is.

wow, thanks a lot max herman, I didn't know nagi had that ability, I will try her for sure later on with those tips. I was always suspicious that I was missing something about her though, because she seemed way too weak in the challenges. Also it sucks that i can't choose my custom matrix like in the story mode. That's how I beat the 2nd hardest difficulty in story mode with Nagi, cause her reflective matrix blocked all the bullets as long as you were pointing it in the right direction, but it seemed like in the challenges the mana did nothing for me. Does the mana work only when close to the boss in this mode?

Edited by StarFoxMania

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
*snip*

Awesome tip man. I've completed 14 of the challenges with Elixirel, so hopefully I can use this method for the majority of the other challenges.

@Zeldafinalfantasyfan: congrats on that, very impressive skills! :applause: From the vids I've watched of the secret boss, it looks so insane.

Babelforge is ridiculous, it's bad enough dodging hundreds of bullets but you have to complete a puzzle too. I guess you could try the Nagi method? Got my ass kicked w/ Elixirel and Eryth.

Does the mana work only when close to the boss in this mode?
I don't know what you mean by "work", but the invincibility lasts for a second or so, so you just rhythmically mash :square: while holding :cross:, as long as you can keep gaining mana fast enough. I think the planeshift slowdown activates when you're close to bullets after using her mana ability... not sure though.

I tried the Nagi method out on Babelforge but no luck since you can't gain mana fast enough. I got some advice from a guy who has 100% in this game and he said he used Nagi for all the challenges using the invincibility exploit.

edit: OK almost got all of the challenges done (babelforge, lotus backer, and a few others) mostly with Nagi and a few with Elixirel. Almost got Babelforge w/ Nagi.

The few ppl that I've messaged with 100% or a high percentage in this game said Nagi is the only way to go for Demonic Challenge mode. After learning how to use Nagi, getting 100% seems more feasible than when I first started playing, lol

Edited by Buster-K

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what you mean by "work", but the invincibility lasts for a second or so, so you just rhythmically mash :square: while holding :cross:, as long as you can keep gaining mana fast enough. I think the planeshift slowdown activates when you're close to bullets after using her mana ability... not sure though.

I tried the Nagi method out on Babelforge but no luck since you can't gain mana fast enough. I got some advice from a guy who has 100% in this game and he said he used Nagi for all the challenges using the invincibility exploit.

edit: OK almost got all of the challenges done (babelforge, lotus backer, and a few others) mostly with Nagi and a few with Elixirel. Almost got Babelforge w/ Nagi.

The few ppl that I've messaged with 100% or a high percentage in this game said Nagi is the only way to go for Demonic Challenge mode. After learning how to use Nagi, getting 100% seems more feasible than when I first started playing, lol

@Buster-K Hey dude if you defeat Babelforge may I request a youtube video of you defeating it? I know it might be a hassle to upload the video but it would be greatly appreciated if you would. That one is just driving me nuts! I actually got to 1/10 of it's health left but unfortunately got nervous and choked. If I can actually defeat her then I'll post the video on youtube and on here as well.

• 4 weeks later...
//

@zeldafinalfantasyfan

@Buster-K

Do you have any tips for Elysium- the biker

section is difficult to complete consistently?

What method are you using for Babelforge...

are you dodging bullets or restoring mana?

Thanks.

-m.

//

I actually posted a video beating it with Nagi on my second profile here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9eNM4zLAm8&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - Gundeadligne Demonic Challenge - El Dorado: Elysium[/ame]

I still don't have a distinct trick to get close enough to Babelforge but as soon as I defeat it I will post it on here as fast as I can on my main profile.

I finnaly killed him on my 1400th try..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VE-mdN60pM]YouTube - Gundeadligne Demonic Challenge Babelforge Complete![/ame]

if anyone else wants a replay of any demonic challenge on Gundeadligne just ask!

EDIT: Just beat Demonic difficulty too!! :D

Edited by Orphiooon

I finnaly killed him on my 1400th try..

if anyone else wants a replay of any demonic challenge on Gundeadligne just ask!

EDIT: Just beat Demonic difficulty too!! :D

Dude congrats! I was actually using that strategy with Nagi but instead of focusing on dodging it's attacks I would try to use her mana invicibility trick on it. I'll try to follow your method on see how I'll fare on it. That means you already got the Who's Next trophy?

No sadly not.. i now just need to alterbreak the secret boss (XXX Blacker) and i need to alterbreak elixriel (i have NO idea on how to even make her apear) and beat them on the challenge mode for my last 4 challenges!

But can anyone tell me how to spawn elixriel?

i also am wondering that to unlock the true final boss, you have to pass the game without continuing, but does that mean Continuing from the main screen? or are you allowed to continue when you die right when you left off? (When it gives you a 10sec timer to continue)

All i need is to kill this secret boss and the last 4 challenges for my 100%! i would greatly apreciate a answer!

No sadly not.. i now just need to alterbreak the secret boss (XXX Blacker) and i need to alterbreak elixriel (i have NO idea on how to even make her apear) and beat them on the challenge mode for my last 4 challenges!

But can anyone tell me how to spawn elixriel?

i also am wondering that to unlock the true final boss, you have to pass the game without continuing, but does that mean Continuing from the main screen? or are you allowed to continue when you die right when you left off? (When it gives you a 10sec timer to continue)

All i need is to kill this secret boss and the last 4 challenges for my 100%! i would greatly apreciate a answer!

By any chance are the other two challenges from area 4? I got just the thing to help you out with Elixeril. On area 4 depending on the character you use their Weapon/Matrix, different bosses spawn from them. Here's a complete list of which bosses spawn from the characters:

Eryth Ruby

- Katharine

- Mysty

- Eclipse

- Nagi

Eryth Diamond

- Neige

- Eclipse

- Mysty

- Nagi

Eryth Sapphire

- Eclipse

- Katharine

- Machina13th

- Nagi

Eryth Emerald

- Wendy

- Neige

- Eclipse

- Nagi

Eryth Jet

- Mysty

- Katharine

- Machina13th

- Nagi

Eryth Pearl

- Eclipse

- Mysty

- Machina13th

- Nagi

Elixirel

- Katharine

- Mysty

- Wendy

- Nagi

Nagi Murakumo

- Mysty

- Eclipse

- Machina13th

- Eryth

Nagi Musakado

- Wendy

- Neige

- Eclipse

- Elixirel

Nagi Ikaruga

- Katharine

- Wendy

- Mysty

- Eryth

I only need to do Babelforge and the Secret boss left so if you need help on how to get the alter break for the other 3 bosses or a video from their demonic challenges be sure to ask and I'll be glad to help. Good luck.

P.S. For the secret boss you must beat the game without continuing at all (meaning beating it without losing all your hearts) with your Phase Level and Alter Breaks adding up to 21. The phase level is required to be 11 though. I've managed to actually spawn her so the information for this secret boss is true fortunately. I couldn't beat her though but practice makes perfect as they say.

Edited by zeldafinalfantasyfan

Thanks for that! just 100% it! as for the true last boss, i used nagi with the sword on standard mode and just used the invincibility method on XXX blacker and downed it 1st try!

and as for XXX blacker, i dont know if you know this or not but all you need to do to unlock him in demonic challenge is KILL him, you do not have to Alter break him.

Anyone just ask me anything bout this game and i will answer, im a full bottle on it :D

Lol congrats dude. I guess all thats left for you is Hitogata Happa and Gundemonium left (if you still need them that is).

Yeah i still have them left, tho im holding off on Gundemonium recollection till i can figure out how im gonna record my demonic play through (So i can create a demonic play through guide xD) and im finding Hitogata Happa a real pain!! cant even pass it on standard mode =/

Congrats on the 100%!

I was working on these 3 a few months ago, found hitogata happa much much easier and got that out of the way quite quickly. When i moved onto this I was progressing quite well but got to babelforge on demonic challenge and after about 5+ hours of trying I just didnt have the heart for it anymore, was'nt even sure if it was actually possible.

Now I might go back and have another look at it since the PSN is down and theres actually proof it can be done! :D Thanks for the vid!

@Orphiooon Thanks for recomending the Nagi and Sword combo to fight Black Lotus XXX. It works like a charm! I actually defeated her until my third try but that was because I didn't realize it'll only damage her if you attack her head. Now it' just Babelforge and it's 100% for me too. I already 100%'d Hitogata Happa easily so if you need any tips I'll be glad to help.

@Max-Herman It's really odd but when I try to record the in-game footage of me defeating Black Lotus XXX my character just commits suicide (through THEIR recording system not through a dazzle). It's kinda weird. Like I said before Nagi+Sword is the way to go just be sure to play safe and smart and you'll easily defeat Black Lotus XXX in the next few moments.

@Threnzy I haven't really attempted with Babelforge a lot lately but when I did I tried following Orphioon's patterns and I damaged it to a quarter of its health left a couple of times. Anyways good luck if you try to attempt it again.

@Orphiooon Thanks for recomending the Nagi and Sword combo to fight Black Lotus XXX. It works like a charm! I actually defeated her until my third try but that was because I didn't realize it'll only damage her if you attack her head. Now it' just Babelforge and it's 100% for me too. I already 100%'d Hitogata Happa easily so if you need any tips I'll be glad to help.

@Max-Herman It's really odd but when I try to record the in-game footage of me defeating Black Lotus XXX my character just commits suicide (through THEIR recording system not through a dazzle). It's kinda weird. Like I said before Nagi+Sword is the way to go just be sure to play safe and smart and you'll easily defeat Black Lotus XXX in the next few moments.

@ Threnzy @Max_Herman @zeldafinalfanasyfan No probs always happy to help! And yeah, i will need tips for hitogatta happa so thanks for that xD

And as for the recording i have the same problem, at 1st i thought is was a glitch, then i beat XXX blacker another ten times, all dieing at the same spot in each try so i thought i must be going insane :S

but after reading this im now confident that its just the game tricking me!

looks like im gonna have to record the fight on my DVD player

Edited by Orphiooon

• 2 weeks later...

Man, you guys are crazy. I can't even survive the first area in Demonic mode =)

Is there are way to spam invincibility trick trough the whole game and get to the secret boss?

On that matter, how to unlock some bosses in Demonic challenge?

Also, is it possible to summon the final boss on Standard difficulty?

Edited by Sobol14

I was able to do bableforge in under 50 tries

i just took my time til the screen was full then went left to right up and down. spaming invincibility

Thats amazing, grats, im sure the people visiting this thread would love to see you upload the replay, we need to see more babelforge strategy's.

Man, you guys are crazy. I can't even survive the first area in Demonic mode =)

1. Is there are way to spam invincibility trick trough the whole game and get to the secret boss?

2. On that matter, how to unlock some bosses in Demonic challenge?

3.Also, is it possible to summon the final boss on Standard difficulty?

1. Not that i know of, even in demonic mode you cant just simply spam the invisibility with nagi and pass, you have to have a strategy planned out to fly through certain mobs bullets etc..

2. To unlock a boss in demonic challenge you have to alterbreak it/him/her. To alterbreak you simply have to collect enough gems in the boss fight then the words alterbreak will appear above the time bar and the red part of it will be filled, the amount of gems you need for an alterbreak is on the right side (i think) of the time bar.

3. Yes, i unlocked him on standard mode very easily, just use Nagi and her sword and you will blaze through it easily.

The requirements for unlocking XXX loctus Blacker is;

1. Phase level + No. of alterbreak = 21

2. No continues

3. your phase level must be at least 11 by the time you land the final blow on the normal last boss

Hope this helps :p

Thanks for that! just 100% it! as for the true last boss, i used nagi with the sword on standard mode and just used the invincibility method on XXX blacker and downed it 1st try!

and as for XXX blacker, i dont know if you know this or not but all you need to do to unlock him in demonic challenge is KILL him, you do not have to Alter break him.

Anyone just ask me anything bout this game and i will answer, im a full bottle on it :D

Wow man seriously, congrats! :thumbsup: I don't know when I'm gonna play this game again, I still have a few bosses to unlock for the challenges, and I have to beat the game on demonic. This 100% is worth more than so many others.

Hitogata Happa was easy compared to the other 2 in the Gundemonium bundle.

3. Yes, i unlocked him on standard mode very easily, just use Nagi and her sword and you will blaze through it easily.

The requirements for unlocking XXX loctus Blacker is;

1. Phase level + No. of alterbreak = 21

2. No continues

3. your phase level must be at least 11 by the time you land the final blow on the normal last boss

Hope this helps :p

Um, okay, I'll try but the fact that I suck greatly at this game won't help me there =)

Even on novice with Nagi+Sword I had to continue a few times.

Also, if I'll get to the extra boss and die, could I restart from the last level or must I go through the whole game again?

Um, okay, I'll try but the fact that I suck greatly at this game won't help me there =)

Even on novice with Nagi+Sword I had to continue a few times.

Also, if I'll get to the extra boss and die, could I restart from the last level or must I go through the whole game again?

Practice makes perfect =)

And no, if you die once you have to make a new game again, it must be done 1cc'ed (1 credit clear)