GundeadliGne - Road Map & Trophy Guide

Aeliana

GUNDEADLIGNE

ROAD MAP & TROPHY GUIDE

• Estimated Difficulty: 8/10.
  • Estimated Time to 100%: 10-20 Hours (Depends on one's skill).
  • Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 4 (8+ Recommended).

• Offline Trophies: 10 (5(B), 4(S), 1(G)).
  • Online Trophies: 0.

• Glitched Trophies: 0.
  • Missable Trophies: 0.

Introduction

GundeadliGne (pronounced like "Gun Dead Line") is one of the three "bullet hell" shooters in the same series as Gundemonium Recollection and Hitogata Happa. It is extremely fun, but as the name "bullet hell" would imply, it can be difficult/frustrating for even the most seasoned veterans of the genre. There is no secret or trick to it (aside from "don't die" and "shoot stuff"), the trophies are all about raw skill. Consider this a fair warning. :)

GundeadliGne has a dynamic difficulty system known as "Phase Level." Phase Level can shift on the fly depending on your actions/performance, ie. Bomb Attacks and Deaths will make it decrease, whereas Alter Breaks etc. will make it increase. A low Phase Level means easy enemies, whereas a high Phase Level will have harder enemies. The main difference between the 4 difficulty levels is the maximum Phase Level:

Novice = Starting Phase Level of 1.

Standard = Starting Phase Level of 6.

Advanced = Starting Phase Level of 11.

Demonic = Phase Level is Always 21.

There are unlockable characters/modes like in Gundemonium Recollection and Hitogata Happa, and all three (Nagi, Demonic Challenge, and Eternal Babel) are related to the Trophy Set. Refer to the Road Map & Trophy Guide for more details.

Without further ado...

Road Map

Under Construction.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/01.jpg Rosenkreuz Agent (B)

Finish the game on Novice difficulty.

See Que Pholith Conqueror (S).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/02.jpg Operation Successful (B)

Finish the game on Standard difficulty.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/03.jpg Matrix Master (B)

Finish the game on Advanced difficulty.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/05.jpg Far East Temple Knight (B)

Finish the game without continuing.

As the description implies, "finish the game without continuing" as either Eryth or Elixirel (I recommend Elixirel for those that are beginners). This can be done on any difficulty, so naturally, Novice offers the path of least resistance and shouldn't be too difficult at all. Upon completion of this task, the third character, Nagi, will unlock and she will be needed for The Spice of Life (G).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/09.jpg Line 'em up! (B)

Clear 25 lines in Endless Babel mode.

"Endless Babel" is one of two unlockable Mission Modes. Unfortunately, I don't recall how I unlocked it and I haven't been able to replicate the feat on a second account - If someone has this information, please let me know and I'll update this trophy. :p

"Endless Babel" pits you against Babelforge, one of the bosses from Area 3, in puzzle game that is a bit difficult to describe. You will be on a grid of 40 colored blocks, the dimensions of which are 8 horizontal and 5 vertical. Shooting blocks on the left half of the screen will make them shift horizontally right towards the center; conversely, shooting blocks on the right half of the screen will make them shift horizontally left towards the center. Your goal is to create columns of a single color (Blue, Red, Yellow, or Gray) at which point the 5 blocks in the column will disappear and you'll earn a "line." Clear 25 lines for this trophy.

However, it's a bit more complicated than that - Gray blocks are "metallic" and cannot be destroyed w/ a character's shots, but can be shifted around by destroying the Blue, Red, or Yellow blocks that are in the same row. Clearing lines of Gray blocks kicks up the difficulty level and after a while, the Gray blocks will fire and fill the screen w/ bullets which will need to be avoided. As a result, try to avoid clearing Gray columns unless there are no other options available.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/ock.jpg Que Pholith Conqueror (S)

Finish the game on Demonic difficulty.

Novice Mode (Easy), Standard Mode (Normal), Advanced Mode (Hard), and Demonic Mode (Insane) are all available from the start, and clearing each of the aforementioned modes earns you 3 (B) and 1 (S). Note that the trophies are not stackable, ie. if Demonic difficulty is the first to be cleared, you won't earn 3 (B) all at the same time, each difficulty needs to be cleared separately. The main difference between the difficulty modes is the aggressiveness of the enemies due to a higher maximum Phase Level.

If you die, don't worry, you can continue as many times as necessary and it won't adversely affect the trophies. Also, these trophies can be earned in a 2P Game - If you work on it w/ a friend in local multiplayer, it will be much more painless.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/ock.jpg Revenge is Sweet (S)

Defeat the true last boss.

The "true last boss" is XXX Lotus Blacker. There's three requirements in order to spawn her - at the time when ML Lotus Noir de Gicleur (the final form of the "normal last boss") is defeated, you...

1. Must not have continued.

2. Your Phase Level must be at least 11.

3. Your Alter Breaks + Phase Level must be at least 21.

If your Phase Level is 21 or more at this time, XXX Lotus Blacker will spawn no matter what, regardless of Alter Breaks.

Prepare yourself, because this is an *extremely* difficult boss; she has a lot of health, she regenerates all her health if you use a Bomb, and she is immune to the effects of Planeshift Slowdown. Refer to the following video, the true boss battle is from 4:45 to 5:38, and although it is a failed attempt, it shows what to expect from her:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKkU8Uqd9rE]YouTube - GundeadliGne - Standard - Chapter 5 - All Alter Breaks and Bosses[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/ock.jpg Who's next? (S)

Defeat every opponent in Demonic Challenge mode.

"Demonic Challenge" is one of two unlockable Mission Modes. Complete the game once on any difficulty setting to unlock it.

Demonic Challenge consists of 46 individual battles against each of the "named enemies" (enemies who have a name and a health bar on the screen) in the game. The aforementioned enemies will be at Phase Level 21, and to make it even harder, you have *one life* to work with. Needless to say, this is the most difficult trophy in GundeadliGne.

For those that are up to the challenge...

1) Each of the 46 enemies need to be unlocked for Demonic Challenge. Enemies that are locked will appear as "???" in the menu; refer to the Areas that those enemies are located in and Alter Break all areas/enemies in the game (see The Long Road (S) for more information on how to execute Alter Breaks) to unlock all 46.

2) Defeat them in Demonic Challenge. You can use either Eryth, Elixirel, or Nagi - Whichever character you are most comfortable with. Good luck!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/10.jpg The Long Road (S)

Get 6 Alter Breaks in one game.

An "Alter Break" is a time extension for an area that is awarded if you collect X number of Gems before the time limit for the area runs out.

There are 3 kinds of Gems:

1) Green Squares (Large)

2) Green Triangles (Small)

3) Blue Triangles (Small)

Only 1) Green Squares (Large) count towards an Alter Break, 2) and 3) are for score only.

The number of Gems required, as well as the time limit, are displayed at the bottom center of the screen and it is different for each area:

Area 1-A: 200 Gems

Area 1-B: 240 Gems

Area 1-C: 240 Gems

Area 1-D: 120 Gems

Area 2-A: 200 Gems

Area 2-B: 200 Gems

Area 2-C: 240 Gems

Area 2-D: 240 Gems

Area 3-A: 160 Gems

Area 3-B: 480 Gems

Area 3-C: 280 Gems

Area 3-D: 320 Gems

...and so forth.

To maximize the number of Gems you acquire, shoot down as many enemies as you can and be sure to collect them. There are 19 total opportunities to Alter Break, only 6 are needed but do note that *you cannot continue* if you are aiming for this trophy. It will unlock at the end of the game, and although 6 is far from what I'd consider a crazy number of Alter Breaks, you can make it even easier via working on it w/ a friend; there are several trophies in GundeadliGne that can be made more painless in a 2P Game, and this is one of them.

To see an Alter Break actually occur, refer to the video in Revenge is Sweet (S) - It happens at 3:28.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/623/06.jpg The Spice of Life (G)

Finish the game with every character.

Compared to the Gold Trophies in Gundemonium Recollection and Hitogata Happa, this one is a cake walk. Simply complete the game as all three characters (Eryth, Elixirel, and Nagi) on any difficulty. Note that Eryth and Elixirel are the only two characters available from the start; see Far East Temple Knight (B) for more information on how to unlock Nagi.

Edited by Aeliana

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alter breaks are a time extension for a stage, allowing you to score more points etc.

The bar at the bottom of the screen that illustrates your time remaining in the stage has a gap in it, and getting an alter break fills this gap, granting more time in the stage.

To fill this gap you have to collect a specified number of gems in the stage, I believe the number is next to the bar.

In my experience it is significantly easier to achieve alter breaks as nagi, since he attacks are very short range, and you don't tend to miss any gems.

I hope this makes sense.

Alter breaks are a time extension for a stage, allowing you to score more points etc.

The bar at the bottom of the screen that illustrates your time remaining in the stage has a gap in it, and getting an alter break fills this gap, granting more time in the stage.

To fill this gap you have to collect a specified number of gems in the stage, I believe the number is next to the bar.

In my experience it is significantly easier to achieve alter breaks as nagi, since he attacks are very short range, and you don't tend to miss any gems.

I hope this makes sense.

it does indeed make sense, thanks a bunch :)

• 3 months later...

Guide is now [mostly] open for business.

A request to the community - As I indicated in Line 'em up! (B), I cannot remember for the life of me how I unlocked Endless Babel back in Summer 2010. I tried to replicate it on a second account but to no avail. Even more to my chagrin, I've scoured the internet in both English and Japanese but there is little-to-no information aside from "defeat Babelforge to unlock Endless Babel" over at shmups.system11.org. I believe it is that simple on the PC Version of GundeadliGne, but I can confirm that the requirements are different on the PS3.

At any rate, if anyone can confirm the exact method of unlocking Endless Babel, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll be holding off on the Road Map as well as submission to the main site. Thanks, and good luck w/ GundeadliGne!

• 2 months later...
At any rate, if anyone can confirm the exact method of unlocking Endless Babel, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll be holding off on the Road Map as well as submission to the main site. Thanks, and good luck w/ GundeadliGne!

Since Aeliana has decided not to submit without this info, we will be locking it, as we don't leave unsubmitted guides open after a while. If anyone can help Aeliana with Endless Babel, please PM him so we can get this guide stuck. Thanks.