GHM graphics are better

I actually perfer the feel/look of the characters and notes alike in Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero. The look and feel of the notes just make it seem better in my personal opinion. Just feels like a better game because of how well it has been refurbished and perfected. However, my two favorite bands are Metallica(#1) and Van Halen(#2). So I am a little conflicted, but would have to say that GH5/BH are better quality games.

The graphics are actually the same, as both GHM and GHVH run from the same buggy, POS engine. The Metallica guys look a bit better than the VH characters though, as Metallica themselves actually worked with Neversoft on the modeling and mocap. It would seem that VH had nothing to do with their game except signing off on using songs and images. The GH5 engine (which BH also uses) is indeed much better - it looks better and calibrates more accurately.

I completely agree. Would rather see them working on this rather then Green Day Rock Band.

I'll probably still end up buying Green Day Rock Band, especially if I can import the songs into RB2.

But I'd like more track packs with harder rock, preferably metal. My mates are split between classic rock types and hard metal types (I like both, but have a leaning towards hard metal).

I'll probably still end up buying Green Day Rock Band, especially if I can import the songs into RB2.

But I'd like more track packs with harder rock, preferably metal. My mates are split between classic rock types and hard metal types (I like both, but have a leaning towards hard metal).

Hmm good point about importing songs. Depending on the trophy list and the ability to import songs I might get this game. I mean if I can import all of my Rock Band songs over for free it's pretty much a sure thing depending on the game itself being the main factor. If you have to pay chances are I won't be importing then it's back to the same thing. Rock Band 2 is just an amazing trendsetter for music games, very hard to live up to. :p

P.S. Unpatiently waiting for ever and ever for Rock Band 3! :wall:

If I can import all of my Rock Band songs over for free it's pretty much a sure thing depending on the game itself being the main factor. If you have to pay chances are I won't be importing then it's back to the same thing.

I'd be willing to bet that from now on we'll be seeing imports like the one Lego had - one time use codes for a download. Too many of us rented RB1 to import.