is it me or are the vocals really easy this game?

I was looking for a break from the guitar and drums so i decided to see if i couldn't make any progress on the 5-star vocal can halen songs. I 5 stared the first 5 on the first try and the next 3 after that soon after....and i suck at vocals normally. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that half of each song is just yelling where any pitch will pick it up. anybody else think the vocals are easier than previous games?

Yes, it's easier. I play on Expert on RB, but with GH I usually play on Hard if I don't know the song. That said, with GH:VH I've been 5-starring every song back-to-back on Expert. First off, you're right, the fact that it's lots of talkies helps a bunch. Another thing (and I haven't owned a GH game between 3 and 5, so I'm not sure if this is new or not) is that every phrase gives you star power. That's where TONS of points are coming from. Every phrase! It's ridiculous. So, the pitch meter is still just as tight as the other GH games, but other variables affect the score.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

yap first thought when i started singing, wtf: 5* at GH vocals? oO used to it at RB, but GH vox usually sucked (well it still dooes ... but whatever) and it kept going like that: obv ice cream man stopped my 5* run XD ...

well still 6 songs to go for silver trophy 5-starring em all

I agree - the vocals in this game are a step down in difficulty from all the other GH games. I discovered accidentally that if I had an 8× multiplier during the wavy sections (freeform), it would jump 1½ stars... quite funny that on one song, towards the end I was on 3 stars and a bit, and the freeform took me to 5 stars because of one last freeform section lol. I think that'll be the only 'instrument' I'll be able to get 5 stars in every VH song.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
A bit late on this forum but I agree that they fixed the vocals for VH. And Ice Cream Man broke my 5-star streak too.

Ice cream man is'nt too hard aslong as u keep a multiplier into the freeroam an activate sp at the end of it. Just keep practice those last phares':)

Edited by Bezenko

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i totally think the complete opposite. GH are a complete bitch compared to RB. i mean what the fuck, i play on Easy i should FC some songs even tho i completly suck, hell no, i had to retry at least 5 songs to 5 stars it. the GH vocal engine is a total bitch on every game. i try avoid it the most but i like sing some songs i like the most but always end up disappointed by my very mediocre perfomance.

• 1 month later...
i totally think the complete opposite. GH are a complete bitch compared to RB. i mean what the fuck, i play on Easy i should FC some songs even tho i completly suck, hell no, i had to retry at least 5 songs to 5 stars it. the GH vocal engine is a total bitch on every game. i try avoid it the most but i like sing some songs i like the most but always end up disappointed by my very mediocre perfomance.

Are you sure it's just you sucking? :p Easy vocals are a piece of cake.