Rate the trophy difficulty...  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.94

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted a 9. It will take a lot of work to 5 star Eruption and Spanish Fly on expert. You also have to complete the drum career in expert+. This looks pretty, pretty hard.

(Addendum: I don't ever vote anything 10. If I did, there would be no way to ever vote higher. I think this game is brutal, though.)

Edited by starcrunch061

I voted a 9. It will take a lot of work to 5 star Eruption and Spanish Fly on expert. You also have to complete the drum career in expert+. This looks pretty, pretty hard.

(Addendum: I don't ever vote anything 10. If I did, there would be no way to ever vote higher. I think this game is brutal, though.)

I gave it a ten becuase there is no 11 or 12! Is harded then Smash hits and Mettalica which I would both give 10's.

All this "10" talk reminds me of:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7IZZXQ89Oc]Put it up to 11[/ame]

Edited by Cauchy

yea this is definitely a 10. It is a tad harder than GHSH, which i thought is a 10 as well. I'm hoping to get the plat at some point, but ima have to learn to sing at an expert level which i'm not too happy about :-(. but eddie van halen's solos just aren't meant for a 5 button toy guitar. if they bring in 24 buttons like a real guitar it might be a different story lol

I rated GHM a 9 simply because more people have the plat than GHSH. i thinkGHSH and GHVH are solid 10s considering only 1% of the population or so can get the plat. but having said that, i hope activision keeps the hard trophies coming and not catering to the noobs. GH5 took me 2 days or so to play and i was very upset. If certain people can't play on expert, they can certainly learn. I started on medium and it's not that hard to move up to hard or expert, just time which most people are not willing to put into games NEmore.

i don't see the point of making trophies this hard. i think trophies should be something to make an average/above average gamer go a bit further and improve at a game or show more dedication/ spend more time involved with the game

these trophies are way too hard and no one is going to master all four instruments just for trophies, at least i know i'm not! I don't like van halen at all, but as a fan of rock music i'd have probably played the game to trophy hunt, but i'm not now that i see the trophes are this difficult, i prob won't even play this game unless a friend is over who wants to.

at least it was free with gh5 promo

lol i mastered all 5 instruments for the platinum. lol i was worse at vocals and i 5stared all of the van halen songs on expert vocals first. and i enjoy trophies this hard because i think a platinum should be something for you to work for, and not just handed out to everyone that can play on medium/hard. and mods, can we please remove the dumbass that voted a 1 for this game? he is obviously just trying to bring the overall rating down on the game or something. I dunno what is problem is. but i think everyone will agree that this game is not easier than cloudy w/ a chance of meatball since that had an average rating of 1.2 or something lol

Edited by aliensNmycloset

as a lover of these Faux guitar games as I own GH:1,2,3,4,5 and Aero, Met and now VanH also RB:1,2 with 150+dlc and 5 plastic axes (would get RB:B but hate the Beatles), and one axe being for the wiiEEEEEE and two drum sets and two types of mics :o and alsotrying to learning thereal thing. I have to give it a 10+!lol I would think Im really good(xpert) and there is no one around here that can even compete with me but I really hate Online play for these trophies and personally think that all game are a personal expericance! you should play it to better yourself and not rely on someone else, like these 100% all members trophies? I mean its "Guitar Hero!" for god sake not drum, mic, or bass, hero... but as much as I love these game i will never beat them :( there is no way I will be able to get 100% on any of the songs, I will never find enough freinds to help me get 100% expert band trophy, nor do I really want too... i like playin for the music and having fun cause when you do finish a really fun song its a nice adrenaline high lol..

a good and honest trophiy progression example is Batman:Asylem a tru test of skill and development, I got my Plat when I though it was impossible, too get, just because it was a learning curve that I had to master, one learning curve... the problem I see for these games is that every song in this gere is a learning curve and the toughter it gets the steeper the curve and there is a lot of songs in all sorts of music styles, real band members know there own songs play it by memory and get paid! but give them a new style well result may differ. as much as I love 'master of puppets or hot for teachers or silly country songs' I will never get my 5 stars cause 1-only want to hear it so many times and 2- its only fun to fail once lol and 3- its only a game (hense no girls no fame no $$$), if that make any sense. ;)

Edited by leer_74

My buddy got this with his GH5 and I gave it a go today - I can nail all of EVH's solos (Eruption, Spanish Fly, Little Guitars, 316live, Cathedral, etc...) on an actual six string, but these charts are beyond ridiculous.... I will most certainly be buying this when it hits the shelves. Will I get that Platinum? Probably not...

My buddy got this with his GH5 and I gave it a go today - I can nail all of EVH's solos (Eruption, Spanish Fly, Little Guitars, 316live, Cathedral, etc...) on an actual six string, but these charts are beyond ridiculous.... I will most certainly be buying this when it hits the shelves. Will I get that Platinum? Probably not...

lol exactly this is soooo much easier in real life

I'm not a fan of Van Halen (they're not all that popular in the UK - a lot of people haven't even heard of them). I'd only buy this if the trophy set wasn't insane. I mean, don't get me wrong, difficult trophies won't put me off buying games that I really want (Beatles Rock Band, wipEout HD, Super Stardust HD)... but if it's a "maybe" game, then the trophy set matters to a certain degree.

The only game in this genre that I thought had a sensible trophy set was Rock Band 2. I don't recall whether online gaming was necessary. It did push you to get 100% on individual expert instruments, and the sensible thing was that you could choose which songs to attempt that. The hardest thing trophy was getting all beats at 100bpm, especially since I had no friends who could even remotely help with drumming. I voted RB2 an '8' for difficulty to get Platinum. And all these other games (apart from GH5 - which is easier, but has dumb trophies like 8 on the same instrument, like WTF?) are all at least a 9.

I can play a guitar to a certain degree, and I can fingerpick songs like Yesterday... which requires a fair bit of dexterity... and yet is easier than playing some of these songs on GHwhatever. Until the developers create a sensible trophy set (neither easy nor insanely hard), I'll just stop buying these games. Not like Van Halen are "all that" anyway. Apart from 'Jump', I can't think of any songs they did (not including covers).

• 2 weeks later...

I would say about a 9.5 or 10. It's not so much time consuming as it is to take skill. The Van Halen solo's are really difficult and Hot for Teacher Expert + is definitely a challenge.

BUT STILL I GOT THE PLAT TODAY! Definitely the most challenging plat ever....but so gratifying!

Edited by Javidavitch

Just beat this game on expert guitar... oh my god. I don't know how I will beat all the Van Halen songs at 5 stars on expert -- "Spanish Fly" and "Eruption" murdered me, and I barely squeaked by. I've been playing these games for years, spent 1,000's of hours into becoming a better player, and yet I feel like I could play these songs for 5 years with constant practice and not get 5 stars on them.

I've resigned myself to being happy with the 30% completion percentage I have on this game, and if I finish bass on expert (which shouldn't be nearly as hard) and do some of the other bogus trophies that I skipped over (like doing tutorials or making a custom instrument) then I might get as high as 50% in trophy completion. But I suck at drums and have no interest in playing them, and I can't sing Van Halen songs on an expert level, so I know I'll never get a platinum in this game.

Basically, I love all these music games (more songs = more enjoyment), so I'll keep playing them, but if I'm trophy hunting I know that I won't stand much of a chance.

This game was surprisingly fun though. If I hadn't gotten a free copy, I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway, so for a free game it was quite good!

Good luck to anyone going for the platinum though. I will not embark on this quest myself.

• 2 weeks later...