Need help with 5 Stars on Spanish Fly

Hello,

I know this board is quite dead, but I know sometimes people come here to check the topics and give some help .

Ok, I got 5 Stars on Eruption after 3 whole days wasted grinding the song over over again. I did nothing all the 3 days other than play the solo more than about 200 times . It was the hardest thing I've done in my gaming life. I really think it is harder than "You Play it Well" , harder than "Raining Notes" of GH SH and harder than "Creeping Death/ Fight Fire with Fire" of GH Metallica. And I have these 4 insane trophies.

Now there is only one song that separates me from the Guitar God Trophy: Spanish fly. . I've been practing this bizarre thing (I don't call this horrible sound neither of solo nor of song) for weeks and I am not improving at all.

The chart is simply weird and don't match with the audio that I hear. The same goes to half of the tracks of this game. Now I know why the company that made this game (Underground Development ) went bankrupt. This is the worst Guitar Hero ever made . It could be better if they had used the GH5 engine and if they had made the platinum trophy humanly possible for the average gamer/person. I'm not saying that I like easy platinums. I am saying that this game should have had a platinum like Rockband 2/Guitar Hero 5/Guitar Hero WoR. They are not easy , but with some dedication any normal gamer can achieve them. However, GH: VH platinum requires work, yes work. You need to work for months , grinding the charts , playing the whole day, developing insane skills which goes beyond simply pressing buttons. And this my friends, its not what gaming is about. Gaming should be a fun thing to do. (IMO).

Ok , enough of crying . Lets talk about my problem with the song . I ask to who has got the trophy some tips how to combo this freaking solo. And Please. Don't answer only things like these : "Practice, Practice" or "I can get five stars in my sightread . Noob". These type of commentaries don't help me and don't add anything to the topic in any way

First,Some Information about my play style:

I use Black Highway , 30ms video lag, Hyperspeed 4 and I play with a good WoRTar.

Also, I play on a LCD Monitor (about less than 1 meter from it) and I use glasses to fix my myopia problem.

Now the a detailed info about my performance on this song:

.Harmonic Intro

Easiest part of the song . Always 100%.

.Tapping Fives

I play the descending O-B-Y-R-Y on second position and then I tap Yellow with my right hand. On the B-Y-R-G-R, I keep my hand on second position then I slide my index finger to hit green. I often drop my combo one time . Does anybody have tips how to play better this section?

.Picking Sixes

I know that the best part to use star power is this section, so I always activate here. I can combo the beginning when the chart is on the first position. But when it goes to the second position, I fail. I try to anchor some notes to count as a pull off . Example: G-R-Y-R-Y-B and G-R-Y-R-Y-O pattern. I press red and fret yellow two times then blue or orange. The problem is when I change to second position and I have to anchor yellow. My mind just lag. The colorless frets from the star power activation dont help too.

.Spanish Flight

Ok, now this is worst part for me before the slider tapping.

Every video I see of ppl getting 5 stars, they can combo this section easily. I just cant and I dont know why. If I could combo here, 5 stars would be a easy thing to achieve. The Ascending pattern is so fast then intercalates with some weird descendind pattern. I practiced this section on slow many times and i can combo 100% of the time. But If I switch to full speed , I miss almost all the notes. Please , Can somebody give me some detailed info on how to move my hands and positioning my fingers.

I'll edit the topic later with all sections.

Edited by driftersoul

• 1 month later...

I wish I actually had some advice for you, I also am in this same boat. I have gotten Creeping Death, Fight fire, and all the other score trophies from metallica. Play it well, raining blood, through the fire and flames, etc on SH. Finally 5*s on every song on VH but Spnish Fly. That ugly 4*s is sitting there mocking me and for the life of me I just cant keep a combo together to help. I eventually picked up and nailed most of the tapping in Eruption, but the end to this song just seems to be all over the damn place...

Best of luck to you! If i figure something out I will post back.

really hate this song right now, the very last guitar/ and instrument challenge I have on all my GH games....

• 3 months later...

Ok, after 4 months of casually playing GH/Rb and practicing Spanish Fly for hours and hours . I finally got 5 Stars and this was the hardest thing I've achieved in my gaming life. People that says that Demon Souls is hard haven't tried to get 5 Stars on Eruption/Spanish Fly or other insane GH/Rb trophy.

Folks, Rythm Games are the hardest video games out there. The amount of hand eye coordination required to FC some hard songs are so brutal that make every other game even action ones like Ninja Gaiden a child game.

Ok, after 4 months of casually playing GH/Rb and practicing Spanish Fly for hours and hours . I finally got 5 Stars and this was the hardest thing I've achieved in my gaming life. People that says that Demon Souls is hard haven't tried to get 5 Stars on Eruption/Spanish Fly or other insane GH/Rb trophy.

Folks, Rythm Games are the hardest video games out there. The amount of hand eye coordination required to FC some hard songs are so brutal that make every other game even action ones like Ninja Gaiden a child game.

Definitely. I've put 100s of hours into GH/RB and my best accomplishments are Beatles plat, Fight Fire with Fire and 8th Wonder. I tried out Gran Turismo 5, GTA and in some time i completed both. And Wipeout HD, which is rated as one of the very hardest plats (9/10 on this site). I got it done in 2 weeks with no racing experience, but GT5. Barely a 7/10, I'd say. Still I've put more hours into GH than all of them and I'm nowhere close to GH: Hits drum trophies or GH:VH guitar/drum trophies. These two are the definitelt hardest games in my opinion

Edited by Bezenko
Awkward old post is awkward.