My trophy guide (more helpful) *In progress*

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

The Greatest Journey In History

Complete a song in every venue.

Either you play the career until the last venue, or you can do it online but you should get this during the career

You Cannot Beat Me

Win an online Pro Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more.

Self Explanatory This can be pretty difficult due to the fact that nobody plays this game. You can go to the Trophy Trading/boosting thread and look for people there.

Jaw Dropper

Win an online Face-Off match by 25,000 points or more.

Self Explanatory. see "You Cannot Beat Me" for details.

You Should Be Afraid

Win an online Face-Off match.

Self Explanatory. see "You Cannot Beat Me" for details

One For All

Complete a song in a Band (4 players).

Self Explanatory. see "You Cannot Beat Me" for details if you can't do this local.

Rocker's Guide To Godhood

Complete the Career Tutorial.

You have to do the Tutorials for all instruments.

NOTE: I heard that Rock band drums don't work with this, and you will need to use Guitar Hero drums.

The Greatest Crew

Complete a song with all Band members on Expert (4 player Band).

Self Explanatory. see "You Cannot Beat Me" for details if you can't do this local.

Golden Fingers

Perform as the Guitarist.

Simply play a song as the guitarist

Play With Me

Play 20 online matches.

Low-Pitched King

Complete the Career as the Bassist.

Self Explanatory. However, you may want to do expert if your good enough to get Amazing Rockstar.

Thunder Kissing

Trigger Star Power simultaneously (4 player Band).

Craving For More

Download a song from GHTunes(SM).

Self Explanatory.

I Wanna Rock

Complete a song with any instrument on any difficulty in local Quickplay or Career.

Self Explanatory

Promising Diva

Perform as the Vocalist.

Self Explanatory.

Band Leader

Score the highest individual score in a 4 players Band.

Unyielding

Complete the Career as the Drummer.

Self Explanatory. However, you may want to do expert if your good enough to get Amazing Rockstar.

Wondrous Strummer

Complete the Career as the Guitarist.

Self Explanatory. However, you may want to do expert if your good enough to get Amazing Rockstar. See amazing Rockstar for details.

Bark At The Moon

Complete the Career as the Vocalist.

Self Explanatory. However, you may want to do expert if your good enough to get Amazing Rockstar. See amazing Rockstar for details.

Unnoticed Presence

Perform as the Bassist.

Self explanatory.

War Apparatus

Complete a song on Expert + (Drums only).

Self explanitory, you may want to do a song in the first venue of the career.

Master Craftsman

Create a new custom instrument.

Self Explanatory.

Artist On The Rise

Create a new custom Band logo.

Self Explanatory.

Masterpiece

Create a new custom rocker.

Self Explanatory.

Mooned

Perform as the Drummer.

Self Explanatory

There's Hope!

Recover from a poor performance.

If using Guitar/Basswhen you first start a song keep strumming until you are at red, then start playing for real. Drums, when you first start a song keep hitting you're drums when a song starts then start playing for real. Vocals, miss the first few phrases until you are at red, then start playing for real.

Clash Of The Titans

Win a Band vs. Band match (8 players).

Self Explanatory. see "You Cannot Beat Me" for details.

Ink And Blood

Create a custom tattoo.

Self Explanatory, you need to make your own rocker to put tattoos on however.

Glory to the Daring

Play a song in the Atlantis venue.

Self Explanatory.

Face To Face

Win an online Pro Face-Off match.

Rock Veteran

Play 150 songs throughout your entire Career.

Either, you can keep playing songs or you can do this while on your way for One man Band/ Amazing Rockstar

Smoking!!!

Complete the song Smoke On The Water as a Vocalist.

Self Explanatory.

Deadzone

Fail a song with available Star Power in single player.

Self Explanatory.

Rock Legends

Complete the Career in a Band (2-4 players).

You can find people to do it with local or online if I am correct. However, if you are just playing for the trophies, have a fan or something making noise and put your mic next to it and play on beginner, and either play Guitar/ Bass/ Drums that way you can do it by your self.

Cowboys From Hell

Get 100% on a song as a Band (4 players).

Now simply put everyone on beginner, and for vox it would help if you put a fan or something that makes noise next to your mic to guarantee you won't miss a phrase.

see "You Cannot Beat Me" for details if you can't do this localy.

The One Man Band

Complete all four instrument careers on any difficulty.

Self explanatory, however you may want to play the difficulties on expert if you are good enough, that way you can get amazing rockstar also.

Killing In The Name

Win 50 online matches.

Amazing Rockstar

Complete single player Expert Career on all instruments.

Ok, now I can't really help you but give you tips. First of all, your going to need some skill to do this with each instrument. For guitar, I can help you with some tips for the harder songs. Free Bird, make sure you have full Star Power the whole time, and when you need it throw it out that's about it for that song. Raining blood, this song IMO is way harder in GHIII same for all of the other songs, the only thing that can really throw you off is the first blood part, or you can say mosh. My advice is Practice, Practice, Practice! Make sure you get star power before the Part comes that way you can throw it out when you need it See raining notes for more details. Trough The Fire And Flames, this is supposedly the hardest song in Guitar Hero history. However, they made TTFAF Really easier on SH especially the intro. If you are stuck on the intro my advice is that if you don't know how to double tap get a rubber band, double tie it so that it is tight and put it over the green note and then you don't have to worry about the green note anymore and just look at RYBO if the green is still annoying you looking at it, get something to cover it up and continue playing, that way the notes look really simple and keep in mind you don't need to strum. After you got past that part, lift your rubber band up and keep it on the guitar because the chances that you are going to fail is probably going to be really high the first time playing TTFAF and you will need it for another part also. Get Star Power, and save it for the solo if you can also get it the meter full during the song that would be nice. And as always when you are about to fail, throw it out. After that, the rest of the song is pretty easy. At the end of the song, there will be a part that looks like this G-Y-O, press start right before those notes come and put your rubber band back on then just press Y-O WITH OUT STRUMMING, get past that part a few more notes then you are done! Now for Bass, certainly is easier than Guitar, only thing is the open strumming notes can get really confusing. Only thing I can say is if you get stuck keep practicing. For Drums, the pedal becomes extremely annoying, so if you are stuck on a song try to get someone to hit the pedal for you. And for Vocals, if you have a lighter voice rather than deep you are lucky, because Vox are really easy if you have a light voice, if you have a deep voice make a different voice like the one on the golden voice video.

Complete!

Earn all of the Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophies.

Congrats! You got a platinum on the Hardest Guitar Hero game!

Secret Trophies

Inhuman

Score 5 stars in a song on Expert with Lars Umlaut in single player.

Self Explanatory. You can get this one with rising star. See Rising Star for details.

That was Close!

If using guitar/bass before the song ends keep strumming until you are on Red Rock Meter. Drums do the same as guitar/bass. Vox keep missing Phrases before song ends.

Win a song with the rock meter in red.

Open Minded Strummer

THIS MUST BE DONE ON EXPERT!!!! SO MANY PEOPLE GET CONFUSED BECAUSE OF THE FACT THEY DON'T MENTION IT HAS TO BE ON EXPERT! Only pay attention to the open strumming notes, that's all I can really say.

Hit all Open Strum notes in the song Laid To Rest as the Bassist.

Rising Star

If you have a mic, go on raining blood, or laid to rest and get a fan to make noise into the mic or just make noise into it because the phrases on those songs don't need pitch just noise.

Complete 100% on any song on Expert in single player.

Hail The Reverend

Get 5 stars on the song Beast And The Harlot Expert Drums without using Star Power.

Shouldn't be too difficult. If you are not good enough to get this, keep practicing this or just have someone hit the Pedal for you.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Lightning Speed!

Complete the song YYZ with 5 stars on Expert Bass.

Here is a tip from me if you sit down when you play and is sitting down while they are trying to do this, stand up because you will need to stretch out your fingers for this. Other than that, if you can't do it once again keep practicing.

Cyborg

Get a 100 note streak in the song Through The Fire and Flames on Hard or Higher as the Drummer.

If you are not good enough to do this, have someone hit the pedal for you or just keep practing.

Free As A Band

Score 2,000,000 points on the song Free Bird as a Band.

All members can be playing on hard with VOX on beginner for SP. Have someone lead SP and everyone follow him. If you can get more score on medium go for it.

Golden Voice

Score 95% or more on the song Killer Queen as the Vocalist (Expert).

You Play It Well

You perfectly played the Let's Play! section in the song Play With Me as a lead Guitarist on Expert.

Raining Notes

You perfectly played the First Blood section of the song Raining Blood as the guitarist on Expert.

Bloody Feet

You completed the song Raining Blood with 5 stars as the Drummer on Expert+.

8th Wonder

Complete the song Through The Fire and Flames with 4 stars or more as the Guitarist on Expert.

Edited by Terminator
Making room for a note in the first post.

There's already a trophy guide for this game, which also has the trophy icons and a roadmap.

I'm not dumb, this guide won't be official but the other guide sucked horribly. He doesn't even help you at all and I'm not making a road map. As I stated on the topic it's more helpful. And a guide that is not official doesn't need all of that stuff.

I'm not dumb, this guide won't be official but the other guide sucked horribly. He doesn't even help you at all and I'm not making a road map. As I stated on the topic it's more helpful. And a guide that is not official doesn't need all of that stuff.

The other guide isn't that helpful because, well, I don't even think the guy knows how to play the game well. There are about 5 members on this site that have the platinum, and they're the ones who can give real advice for the game.

I do commend you on your effort - just make it more presentable and you'll get the thumbs-up. :)

You're free to challenges the existing guide, but in order to get consideration by the Staff in terms of replacing the current guide you'll need to format your guide to conform to the rules of the site. You'll also need to ensure your guide has sufficient and organized information as far as any Road Map you might write, and particularly the trophy descriptions.

If you feel the current stickied guide is lacking in terms of information then perhaps you might consider putting in the necessary effort with your guide. Otherwise I see it as a waste of time.

In any case, here are the links you can use for reference on how to properly write a Road Map and Trophy Guide.

Trophy Guide Walkthrough

Road Map Walkthrough

The other guide isn't that helpful because, well, I don't even think the guy knows how to play the game well. There are about 5 members on this site that have the platinum, and they're the ones who can give real advice for the game.

I do commend you on your effort - just make it more presentable and you'll get the thumbs-up. :)

6th is on the way: just need my feet to bleed :) got all the others now

but even if the "original" trophy guide guy dunno anything about it, y dont u talk to him, and show him whatever can be added, changed or whatever. a second thread isnt quite smart imo

Honestly, I don't know how much more helpful a Guitar Hero guide can be. I used the stickied one and thought it was fine. Either you can play the songs or you can't. Feel free to finish the guide and submit it, though, if you're really serious about it.

You'll need to read the walkthroughs that Yoshi linked, because we won't look at it in its current condition.

Edited by Vyrastas

Honestly, I don't know how much more helpful a Guitar Hero guide can be. I used the stickied one and thought it was fine. Either you can play the songs or you can't. Feel free to finish the guide and submit it, though, if you're really serious about it.

You'll need to read the walkthroughs that Yoshi linked, because we won't look at it in its current condition.

trust me, there can be added a shitload of stuff

i write and add a ton to german trophy guides for every GH/ RB oder Karaoke game. u should see how much i can write about: "I'm the one", "Creeping Death", "Fioght Fire with Fire" "Stone Cold Crazy", "Tre's Greatest Hits", "Beatles Beats" etc pp :) ... and the only reason i can do is: i got the trophies and i am NOT a pro at all, neither opf those instruments i pass everything i touch, its just the right way of practicing and playing

a trophy guide isnt just telling ppl what they could read in the official trophy discription. it should be morelike a 'how to' on EACH! of the trophies - i agree w/ dark soldier there ... but well, just adding to an existing guide would be enough

Edited by LoAlexandria

trust me, there can be added a shitload of stuff

i write and add a ton to german trophy guides for every GH/ RB oder Karaoke game. u should see how much i can write about: "I'm the one", "Creeping Death", "Fioght Fire with Fire" "Stone Cold Crazy", "Tre's Greatest Hits", "Beatles Beats" etc pp :) ... and the only reason i can do is: i got the trophies and i am NOT a pro at all, neither opf those instruments i pass everything i touch, its just the right way of practicing and playing

a trophy guide isnt just telling ppl what they could read in the official trophy discription. it should be morelike a 'how to' on EACH! of the trophies - i agree w/ dark soldier there ... but well, just adding to an existing guide would be enough

A trophy guide explains how you get each trophy, which the current guide does. A how-to is more like a strategy guide, which is a little different, because it could or could not relate to trophies. It depends on the game, really. I don't think GH is one of those, because either you can play the song or you can't. And if you can't, you practice.

If you think there are a few things lacking in the current guide, talk to the author and detail all the stuff you think should be added. I used the stickied guide and I understood exactly how to get all the trophies. For many of them in a game like this it basically boils down to practicing a lot. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

This whole thread is pointless. I've been reading through it, and it's pointless. The trophy guide is find as far as what the trophies are. There is pretty much no shortcut as far getting the plat. So it really doesn't matter. For example, on the Amazing Rockstar, you don't even have to waste your time on playing each career on expert when the only song you need to play on expert is "Through the Fire and Flames," which is by no means easy. You don't need to play Raining Blood or any other song on expert for the career. I can confirm this because I did it. If you need help on any trophy on any music game, I can can help. Chances are I probably know the answer.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, just ask me.

Edited by grimydawg

A trophy guide explains how you get each trophy, which the current guide does. A how-to is more like a strategy guide, which is a little different, because it could or could not relate to trophies. It depends on the game, really. I don't think GH is one of those, because either you can play the song or you can't. And if you can't, you practice.

If you think there are a few things lacking in the current guide, talk to the author and detail all the stuff you think should be added. I used the stickied guide and I understood exactly how to get all the trophies. For many of them in a game like this it basically boils down to practicing a lot. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

thats exactly what i said dude -.-

but giving just a few examples: Raining Notes: got it twice yesterday within like an hour .... ask grimy: im not a pro on either of those 4 instruments ;P

but the way i did is dead simple. if u have just a little more skill than i have. u should get it really fast.

i understand the fact "if u cant play, u wont get the trophy anyway" - sure thing. but i think a lot of ppl in here are way better than me, but i still got em. ... almost all, bloody feet is just a real bi**h, hope to get this one soon enough. means:

+ a trophy guide is "How to get a trophy the easiest and fastest way", which is kinda like a "how to" .... well thats it from me :)

To be honest, I think most gamers are probably too idle to practise these rhythm games... yet hordes of people will make sure they get their Call of Duty platinums (more than 20% for MW2). Heck, I even mentioned somewhere that a bigger percentage of people have platinum in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 than in Lego RB.

If LoAlexandria is "average" as he claims, and he's just 1 trophy away from platinum on Smash Hits, then I think any average gamer can get platinum for this game. It's a matter of practice, which I'm ashamed to say I don't bother. I sight read every single rhythm game, which is why I only have platinum on RB2, GH5, and Band Hero. I originally rated RB2 an 8, but in retrospect it was more like a 3 or 4 because I sightread the entire game, and only failed 2 songs a couple of times on my way to Platinum Artist (beat the Endless Setlist 2 on Expert). That's how easy RB2 platinum is... in fact, it's easier than Band Hero because it's more fun than Band Hero :p

To be honest, I think most gamers are probably too idle to practise these rhythm games... yet hordes of people will make sure they get their Call of Duty platinums (more than 20% for MW2). Heck, I even mentioned somewhere that a bigger percentage of people have platinum in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 than in Lego RB.

If LoAlexandria is "average" as he claims, and he's just 1 trophy away from platinum on Smash Hits, then I think any average gamer can get platinum for this game. It's a matter of practice, which I'm ashamed to say I don't bother. I sight read every single rhythm game, which is why I only have platinum on RB2, GH5, and Band Hero. I originally rated RB2 an 8, but in retrospect it was more like a 3 or 4 because I sightread the entire game, and only failed 2 songs a couple of times on my way to Platinum Artist (beat the Endless Setlist 2 on Expert). That's how easy RB2 platinum is... in fact, it's easier than Band Hero because it's more fun than Band Hero :p

i had a hard time on Visions and painkiller w/out overdrive use. because i doint need these songs for trophies i didnt practice em much (vision fail was worst when i tried ESL bladder of steel -.-

for now im almost "good" at visions ... 4* XD ... but well as a trophy whore i dont care about visions as much as i care about play with me and raining blood ;P

got raining notes yesterday, and you played it well cpl days ago. obv it took me some practise, but its all doable. key is patiance. a lot of it tbh

hope to get bloody feet w/ 1 or 2 other ppl tomorrow :) i cant seem to hit bass that fast, esp. as i only have 1 .- broken - kick pedal...

not sure about spanish fly and eruption for GHVH yet, those 3 Trophies are the only ones (+ DJ Hero's 5* on every mix - 5 missing yet) missing for my perfect music game account. got all other music game trophies :)

and im soooo glad there are no highscore trophies for: "War Ensamble" on GHM

nothing worse for GHSH, like Raining Bloods ending FC (dunno how this pure HoPo speed stuff is called there)

GHVH could be worse on trophies like: hit 95% of all the van halen solos on expert

there could be much more shit out there, glad its kinda easy compared to whatever they could put us up to XD

i had a hard time on Visions and painkiller w/out overdrive use. because i doint need these songs for trophies i didnt practice em much (vision fail was worst when i tried ESL bladder of steel -.-

for now im almost "good" at visions ... 4* XD ... but well as a trophy whore i dont care about visions as much as i care about play with me and raining blood ;P

got raining notes yesterday, and you played it well cpl days ago. obv it took me some practise, but its all doable. key is patiance. a lot of it tbh

hope to get bloody feet w/ 1 or 2 other ppl tomorrow :) i cant seem to hit bass that fast, esp. as i only have 1 .- broken - kick pedal...

not sure about spanish fly and eruption for GHVH yet, those 3 Trophies are the only ones (+ DJ Hero's 5* on every mix - 5 missing yet) missing for my perfect music game account. got all other music game trophies :)

and im soooo glad there are no highscore trophies for: "War Ensamble" on GHM

nothing worse for GHSH, like Raining Bloods ending FC (dunno how this pure HoPo speed stuff is called there)

GHVH could be worse on trophies like: hit 95% of all the van halen solos on expert

there could be much more shit out there, glad its kinda easy compared to whatever they could put us up to XD

I think out of the the Guitar Hero games, Smash Hits was the hardest because you had to play perfectly on some songs on the guitar, which took a little bit. All of the other trophies like 5* Raining Blood on exp+ was a piece of cake for me. I did all of those trophies on my first try. Then again, I'm a good drummer, apparently.

I think out of the the Guitar Hero games, Smash Hits was the hardest because you had to play perfectly on some songs on the guitar, which took a little bit. All of the other trophies like 5* Raining Blood on exp+ was a piece of cake for me. I did all of those trophies on my first try. Then again, I'm a good drummer, apparently.

lol, but these section FCs are short XD

still hanging on 5starring eruption/ spanish fly: do u have any advice for me? XD ild take everything i can get out of tipps: esp from ppl like you or Don_Tombery :)

I really hate those tapping notes, if calibration is not 100% perfect they suck so bad as i always lose my streak, glad i could get lucky on we play section .... but well, its not as long as eruption or SF ending

Raining Blood ... hmm .... it can be done w/ 2 ppl, but yet both need to know what to do there XD - really hope it works for me tomorrow.

lol, but these section FCs are short XD

still hanging on 5starring eruption/ spanish fly: do u have any advice for me? XD ild take everything i can get out of tipps: esp from ppl like you or Don_Tombery :)

I really hate those tapping notes, if calibration is not 100% perfect they suck so bad as i always lose my streak, glad i could get lucky on we play section .... but well, its not as long as eruption or SF ending

Raining Blood ... hmm .... it can be done w/ 2 ppl, but yet both need to know what to do there XD - really hope it works for me tomorrow.

They're, but they're still hard. Hmm I can't really give you any advice except keep trying. I mean that's something I can't help you on :|

but even if the "original" trophy guide guy dunno anything about it, y dont u talk to him, and show him whatever can be added, changed or whatever. a second thread isnt quite smart imo

Seconded. I like that someone is trying to improve things, but saying, "That guide sucks, blah blah blah" isn't very helpful. Just post some comments you think might help. If he doesn't take them, then perhaps it's time for a new guide.

Not calling you out directly, but I get pretty tired of the piggyback guide, where someone has one or two improvements, and thus writes a complete guide to get site credit. The site should do something about this overall.

I'll talk to the man guys. Just calm down. I'll even add the tips to make you at closer to the plat. Chances are I know more ways than most, so just leave it to me;) The only songs that there's no tips for is something like "You Play it Well" or something like that. You just have to practice. It's that simple. Oh and BTW Alexandria, you're not an "average" gamer if you can plat a game like Green Day Rock Band. You're probably not as "high and mighty" as I am, but you're certainly not an "average" gamer for some of your plats :)

I'll talk to the man guys. Just calm down. I'll even add the tips to make you at closer to the plat. Chances are I know more ways than most, so just leave it to me;) The only songs that there's no tips for is something like "You Play it Well" or something like that. You just have to practice. It's that simple. Oh and BTW Alexandria, you're not an "average" gamer if you can plat a game like Green Day Rock Band. You're probably not as "high and mighty" as I am, but you're certainly not an "average" gamer for some of your plats :)

a plat doesnt make me a better player ;P

its just a lot of practice, and practicing the right way

+ Play it well and raining notes .... there a a few tips ... even if its just hand/ finger holding.

it gives ppl the chance at focusing on exactly that.

for example i tried a shitload of finger holding/ tapping for play it well. and there are just 2 which really worked out well. if i had s1 to tell me a real good way i couldve done it in 1 hour less, just because i wouldnt try every possible way. i couldve just stick to 1 option and practiced till it finally works.

ok, maybe im a bit over avrg, cuz i play fully expert, but thats it, still cant pass every song (besides vocals)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dark-Soldier2123, are you actually going to finish this guide and submit it to us for review (to potentially replace the existing one), or are you talking to the current guide author to get your info incorporated? Please let me know. If it's the first option, please finish the guide within the next day or so, or I will be closing this thread, as we don't leave other unsubmitted guide threads open when there's a stickied one. If it's the second option, the thread will be closed as is.

Dark-Soldier2123, are you actually going to finish this guide and submit it to us for review (to potentially replace the existing one), or are you talking to the current guide author to get your info incorporated? Please let me know. If it's the first option, please finish the guide within the next day or so, or I will be closing this thread, as we don't leave other unsubmitted guide threads open when there's a stickied one. If it's the second option, the thread will be closed as is.

Hey man I'm talking to Faraz about the guide on how to make it better. I probably have more tips than almost anyone on here. I'm taking care of things that are more important though. So I haven't been able to help. I'd just close it.